BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Curtesy of BoK via warseer

Ok, with that said let us get on with why you are really here some SoB rumors.

As always let us start with the easy ones that pretty much everyone figured was going to happen.

Allies gone
    Inquisition gone
    Faith streamlined
    USRs updated to 5th
    Cheaper Unit costs
    Inquisition elements gone

So let start with the big one and perhaps most controversial change to Sisters of Battle: Faith

I am amazed reading around the Net how quite few people had great guesses on how the new faith works. One caveat about the faith rules: I only have most of the story so let us hope someone else can pluck the rest from the aether. The only thing that really stays the same is only faith producing units can use faith. Gone is the over and under rules based on model count and gone is faith powers that everyone can use. It is replaced with every unit has its own unit specific act of faith to call upon.

So for instance Repentia Act of Faith allows them to always land an attack even if they are killed before they can swing. They are little bonuses like re-rolling to wound and hit, no USRs. Now this if fine and dandy if you just pop a faith point and bam! power goes off, but not so fast. Acts of Faith require that you roll 5+ to activate . This makes faith much more unreliable… maybe. In addition every unit that can get faith generates 1d6 faith points per turn. This also means that a new faith pool is generated each turn with no storing of past faith. As well faith can be activated in multiple phases of the game, so for instance you can re-roll to hit in your shooting phase or in your assault phase. What is not clear is a few things. Like how many dice can you throw at a single act of faith? How many times can you attempt to activated a power? If you get an act of faith to go off in one phase does it carry over to the next phase? If you fail an act of faith does that mean you cannot try again in another phase? I don’t have the answers, but what do you think?

Random tidbits

All Faith generating units get +6 invul save
    All units that can get transports get Immolators or Rhinos
    Assassins gone (Death Cult still in)
    Wargear with the same names as GK wargear stay and get changed over. (e.g. Psybolt Ammo)
    Karamazov gone
    Priests in, pretty much same as before.
    No change to the general Bolter, Melta, Flame concept of the Sisters

Specifics

Sisters have about 5 HQ choices including Special Characters

St. Celestine: Same price as a Grand Master you get 2+/+4 saves, WS/BS 7 Jump Pack, Fleet, Power Weapons always wounds on 4+ Has the power to come back like GK Thawn if killed.

Confessor: Takes the slot of the old Inquisitors. Cheap HQ (Warboss). Can create a henchman band using most of the henchman found in the GK codex. What makes the Confessor extra deadly is the ability for it to re-roll hits and wounds for her and the squad. This is the translation of the rumor matrix. So think for one second about her and the Death Cult together?

Repentia: Cheaper close to SM cost. FNP, Rage, Fearless, 6+ invul, no transports

Battle Sister Squad: Cheaper 10-20 unit size (no combat squads), but has access to Immolators which begs the question… Immolators either get increased transport capacity or Sisters break the rules concerning model count and buying transports. Multiple acts of faith.

Exocists: Pretty much same as before.

This is it for now gents and dames. If you have any questions let me know I can see if can get them answered sometime this week with another post

EDIT: on a personal note, I think we're seeing GW try something different here, all rumors point to SOB getting a codex before tau with confusion in regards to its placement compared to necrons, I think its possible GW is allowing us to do what we've always cried about....playtest the rules ourselves for 3-4 months before they got to print. I just hope they throw in atleast the basic sisters unit with this release or I'll still be waiting for plastics.
    If those rumours are true, and Faith will run like that....then even with the 6+ invuln given, my sisters' survivability will be cut by at least 1/4. When I play, I stock as much Faith points and keep it around for clutch rounds where I need to give a unit or two as much help as they can get. Limiting a unit to a single act of faith would work if you could use it once per round for free, but needing to roll a 5+ on an arbitrary amount of dice? That's just ludicrous. So i get less options and a lower chance of succeeding in rolls unless I toss all my dice at a single roll. Cool.
    I'll just have to hope that this rumour is false, because it would work well towards crippling my army.

If Priests are still as bad as before, and Repentia slightly improve and the Arco-flags are as terrible as they are in the GK codex, the Priest could very well be top 3 worst units in 40k, with the Arcos potentially top 8.
    So long as Priests aren't required to field units though, I'm fine with it. I'd just be confused as to why they'd include them, they're pretty useless and unless they're re-tooled(or their point cost is cut to 20 or so), they'll continue to be.

Maybe without Inquisition, the Arcos won't even be in my army(nor will my nicely painted Karamazov), to which I'd wonder how the hell will I have a feasible assault squad? Maybe Seraphim will get buffed or something? I don't see Repentia getting good enough to be realistic. No Assault Inquisitors(not that they were good to begin with).

Will be interesting for sure though. I just kind of hope these rumours aren't true for the most part.

Chapter-Master

I'd limit your whining about what faith points do to when we actually know what they do. And 'till when we know what the rest of the army looks like, for that matter. For all we know, sisters are 6ppm instead of 11. I've seen at least one rumor article on the web say they'll be cheaper, though that's just as vague and unconfirmed as anything else right now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I like the way the rules are going, if the rumours are accurate. What does worry me is if Sisters get cheaper, and squads stay 10-20, how expensive is an army going to cost if the 5-woman boxes are, say, fifteen-eighteen pounds? That is 60 pounds for a full squad, at 1500 points are current prices you can easily have 60 sisters in an army. If the points drop, you might have 80 at the same price. Then factor in characters, vehicles and other squads it could get mighty expensive for a horde army.

Unless the 5-woman boxes are ten or twelve pounds each, which I wouldn't say is impossible given the plastic characters for eight pounds we are seeing with SoM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I like the way the rules are going, if the rumours are accurate. What does worry me is if Sisters get cheaper, and squads stay 10-20, how expensive is an army going to cost if the 5-woman boxes are, say, fifteen-eighteen pounds? That is 60 pounds for a full squad, at 1500 points are current prices you can easily have 60 sisters in an army. If the points drop, you might have 80 at the same price. Then factor in characters, vehicles and other squads it could get mighty expensive for a horde army.

Unless the 5-woman boxes are ten or twelve pounds each, which I wouldn't say is impossible given the plastic characters for eight pounds we are seeing with SoM.
    Are the five woman boxed sets separately rumoured or just extrapolated from grey knights?

Setting aside grey knights, pretty much every other 5-"man" set has been for a special troop type, jump, cavalry, terminator etc. so I can only really see this if they include seraphim as well and that feels a little extreme.

I would expect 10 for £23 (similar to a tactical squad) or something in that order with two sets of special/heavy weapons and seraphim to be separate, in line with scourge prices.

If they are a 5 box then, like you say it will cost a huge amount and doubled with a WD dex, they really will have to deliver on the new sculpts.

Unfortunately that is coming from several sources, the first of which is very reliable. It is also possible the 5 woman squads are Seraphim/Dominion, basic sisters are going Finecast and Repentia (which are rumoured to come in ten women boxes) will be the mainstay troop type (they are now troops apparently).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Unfortunately that is coming from several sources, the first of which is very reliable. It is also possible the 5 woman squads are Seraphim/Dominion, basic sisters are going Finecast and Repentia (which are rumoured to come in ten women boxes) will be the mainstay troop type (they are now troops apparently).
    If repentia get veils instead of gimp masks, I guess I can live with a greater focus in the lists.

Me too, I actually like the idea of more Repentia running about backed up by a few squads of regular Sisters. So long, as you say, they get decent sculpts that don't look like Necromundan wh*res.

Me too, I actually like the idea of more Repentia running about backed up by a few squads of regular Sisters. So long, as you say, they get decent sculpts that don't look like Necromundan wh*res.
    This is the sort of thing I'd like to see:

I am a bit miffed I sold all my Sisters (save the Canoness), but excited about it all in honesty. If they did release 5 woman sets of Battle Sisters, I would expect them to be cheaper - if they price them the same as GK, no-one is going to be starting a Sisters army unless they are minted. For those of us who buy discount GW, a nice cheap box of Sisters would be most welcome indeed. Are we likely to see a re-imagining of Celestine? I doubt it, Finecast using old mold I reckon, which is ropey right now (looking forward to sitting in GW opening all their packets of Celestines and finding 1 out of 20 that's any good...), but you never know. The Faith points thing doesn't sound too bad - at least your opponent can keep track as well as you, so less squabbling about them. Do think Exorcist tanks need a bit of an overhaul - I originally thought the organ was sort of cool, but as I've got older I think it is a bit cheesy (and HEAVY!). Some sort of reliquary on tracks would have been cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    This is the sort of thing I'd like to see:

How do you get an armour save from that? LOL. I guess they use the same T-Shirt material that the IG uses. Poor Tyranids, they haven't adapted to IG T-Shirt armour yet.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast