BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

I'm a little less worried about pricing now, as I remembered GW sell packs of four Guardians for £5.50, which means five SoB for £9-10 isn't unthinkable. I like that drawing too Isotope99, it would be nice if they did look something like that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm a little less worried about pricing now, as I remembered GW sell packs of four Guardians for £5.50, which means five SoB for £9-10 isn't unthinkable. I like that drawing too Isotope99, it would be nice if they did look something like that.
    Aren't those snap fit ones though?.....

I mean snap fit plastic sisters would still be better than the metals, but still

Yes but I'm not thinking of the specific miniatures so much as a sprue with 4 models on it for five and a half pounds. Given that GW are producing plastic characters, a five girl SoB box for, say, ten pounds seems a little more likely.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If those rumours are true, and Faith will run like that....then even with the 6+ invuln given, my sisters' survivability will be cut by at least 1/4. When I play, I stock as much Faith points and keep it around for clutch rounds where I need to give a unit or two as much help as they can get. Limiting a unit to a single act of faith would work if you could use it once per round for free, but needing to roll a 5+ on an arbitrary amount of dice? That's just ludicrous. So i get less options and a lower chance of succeeding in rolls unless I toss all my dice at a single roll. Cool.
    I'll just have to hope that this rumour is false, because it would work well towards crippling my army.

If Priests are still as bad as before, and Repentia slightly improve and the Arco-flags are as terrible as they are in the GK codex, the Priest could very well be top 3 worst units in 40k, with the Arcos potentially top 8.
    So long as Priests aren't required to field units though, I'm fine with it. I'd just be confused as to why they'd include them, they're pretty useless and unless they're re-tooled(or their point cost is cut to 20 or so), they'll continue to be.

Maybe without Inquisition, the Arcos won't even be in my army(nor will my nicely painted Karamazov), to which I'd wonder how the hell will I have a feasible assault squad? Maybe Seraphim will get buffed or something? I don't see Repentia getting good enough to be realistic. No Assault Inquisitors(not that they were good to begin with).

Will be interesting for sure though. I just kind of hope these rumours aren't true for the most part.
    That sounds like "omg omg Im afraid of changes"......for me it sounds cool, no risk=no fun, I belive sisters going same way as DE so it gonna be good codex, now all I want is picture of some models. And info if sis has anit psyker shielding??
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    That sounds like "omg omg Im afraid of changes"......for me it sounds cool, no risk=no fun, I belive sisters going same way as DE so it gonna be good codex, now all I want is picture of some models. And info if sis has anit psyker shielding??
    It's true, I'm mostly afraid of changes because the changes I've seen rumoured haven't had a counterweight in points cost or special abilities to balance it out.
    I don't mind risks, really. I play a non-mech WH list, so I usually need to take enough risks in order to stay competitive. I'm just a bit nervous seeing the cornerstone abilities that I've been able to rely on, the only real saving grace my army has to keep them anywhere close to competitiveness, potentially up in the air. Risk without reward isn't a risk worth taking is all I'm getting at. If the rumours are true, I've lost half my army, which isn't the worst possible outcome so long as the plastic models come soon enough for me to be able to field a playable army. And the remains of my army will have to have either less firepower or less survivability. It's just frustrating hearing all this negative stuff without seeing any rumours spilling some good stuff.

I suppose, however, my whining is a bit too heavy so early in, though :P If they're as interesting as the DE were made to be, with a lot of little quirks and refinements then I'll very likely be content. I just would prefer if the SoB/WH stay relatively high risk, they that remain relatively high reward.
    Last edited by lockedge; 06-13-2011 at 11:06 AM.

I just would prefer if the SoB/WH stay relatively high risk, they that remain relatively high reward.
    Like that!

Dark Link said basic sister is 6pt, so 10 strong squad is now 60 pt instead of 110, with rhino steamlined to 35pt you should have lots of sisters and faith points per turn, and than again with 4+ roll(thanks to Simulacrum Imperialis) you dont have to worry about passing test then you have not enough sisters in squad eg: when you have left 4 girsl in a squad and want hands of emperor to cast you need roll 4 or less on 2d6, now its 4+ so with 2 dice you have more chance to do it than before.

Have you heard somthing more about celestian squad?? rules/cost??
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedge View Post
    If those rumours are true, and Faith will run like that....then even with the 6+ invuln given, my sisters' survivability will be cut by at least 1/4. When I play, I stock as much Faith points and keep it around for clutch rounds where I need to give a unit or two as much help as they can get. Limiting a unit to a single act of faith would work if you could use it once per round for free, but needing to roll a 5+ on an arbitrary amount of dice? That's just ludicrous. So i get less options and a lower chance of succeeding in rolls unless I toss all my dice at a single roll. Cool.
    I'll just have to hope that this rumour is false, because it would work well towards crippling my army.
    You realize the rumor says a faithfull unit generates D6 Faith points a turn right? As in if you have 6 faithful units, you generate 6D6 faith points for that turn.

The +5 to activate makes alot of sence if your generating faith point every turn. I can see some players really enjoy managing the allocation of faith points every turn.

I suggest looking at the BoK rumor post.
    [url]http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2011/06/12/network-news-sisters-of-battle-rumors-sunday-edition/[/url]

So far BoK still have had a good track record. (Even calling the Sisters being a WD book before anyone eals)

Even if half that stuff is true. sisters are accully looking like a really strong book.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    you should have lots of sisters and faith points per turn, and than again with 4+ roll(thanks to Simulacrum Imperialis)
    That was just my guess on it, based on the rumored We'll Be Back changes. It seemed a pretty simple implementation, but it could be something else unless someone confirmed it. Just my theory on it, but I guess it's safe to say we'll still be able to get a Sumulacrum somehow and it'll still make faith powers easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    You realize the rumor says a faithfull unit generates D6 Faith points a turn right? As in if you have 6 faithful units, you generate 6D6 faith points for that turn.

The +5 to activate makes alot of sence if your generating faith point every turn. I can see some players really enjoy managing the allocation of faith points every turn.

I suggest looking at the BoK rumor post.
    [url]http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2011/06/12/network-news-sisters-of-battle-rumors-sunday-edition/[/url]

So far BoK still have had a good track record. (Even calling the Sisters being a WD book before anyone eals)

Even if half that stuff is true. sisters are accully looking like a really strong book.
    I mean, I obviously don't have the codex in front of me, so I can't tell how it plays. All I can do is apply what these rumours are to how the army currently is. IF Sisters drop to 6 points(which is absurdly cheap) then I suppose I could spam sisters and not worry too much about survivability in matches that aren't Killpoint. It's just that I won a lot of games by using numerous faith powers per unit, depending on the situation, and if I'm only able to attach a single faith power per unit, that really screws things up. All the dice in the world won't change that divine guidance is only useful in the shooting phase and that in assault, the sisters are more likely to die outright than strike a power weapon wound against a regular marine equivalent, or enough wounds to make any sort of difference without Hand of the Emperor.

If they go to the arbitrary dice roll business that's ok, whatever. I can take a risk like that, I'm good enough at rationing my points. It's the loss of multiple acts of faith that is a huge blow. If that limitation is removed(or if I've been reading this wrong the whole time), then cool stuff. Otherwise I'll be desperately gunning to table my opponent because there's a good chance I'll otherwise be down a half dozen KP.

How is rolling a 5+ any more or less arbitary the rolling over or under a squad number?

As or the loss of muti-act of faith. It sounds like each squad will get a act of faith that specifically improves what they normaly do.

All we know is how the mechanic will work, but not not what the new acts of faith will do rule wise. Just that repentia get one that lets them swing even if they die 1st in initiative, and we can assume other Sister's units will get ones to help them, that are related to their roles on the battle field.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast