BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Just to clarify and avoid heartache, Darklink didn't rumor that SOB were 6 pts apiece, he merely suggested that as an example of what we don't know about their point pricing affecting the strength of the army.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Just to clarify and avoid heartache, Darklink didn't rumor that SOB were 6 pts apiece, he merely suggested that as an example of what we don't know about their point pricing affecting the strength of the army.
    Yeah, 6 points is far far too low. Didn't see it as a realistic number, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    How is rolling a 5+ any more or less arbitary the rolling over or under a squad number?

As or the loss of muti-act of faith. It sounds like each squad will get a act of faith that specifically improves what they normaly do.

All we know is how the mechanic will work, but not not what the new acts of faith will do rule wise. Just that repentia get one that lets them swing even if they die 1st in initiative, and we can assume other Sister's units will get ones to help them, that are related to their roles on the battle field.
    That's the thing, why change faith's rolling rules when there's no streamlining at all? Before, I'd roll over or under a certain number. With these rules, I have to roll a die, get points, and then roll X more die to see if I can get a 5+. It's not making it simpler, it's adding a step. Just makes me wonder why GW would take such a roundabout way when they've confessed to wanting to streamline 40k.

Tis true, we don't know what these unit-specific faith abilities are. It would just be disappointing to lose the versatility I could get out of a sisters unit. I could tarpit for a round or two and buy some time with the current rules. Without Spirit of the Martyr and Hand of the Emperor, I doubt I could accomplish that in those clutch situations with the game on the line unless these unit specific faith powers vary per phase(to which I'd wonder what the point would be in making them unit specific).

I think I've gotten over much of the initial shock. I think I'll just stay away from rumours and let the WD codex come when it comes. If I like it, I'll play it. If I don't, I have a fandex or the old codex. I'm not really in a position where I lack options.

Brother-Captain

Hmm. I really don't know what to think of this - a half-assed Codex, overpriced and under "manned" plastic squads, nerfed faith rules, and a one-size-fits-all approach to the kits? For now I'm going to take this all with a HUGE grain of salt. However, I'm not going to buy two White Dwarfs because someone in marketing had a wet dream (Hmmm. WD ... wd. Coincidence?). I'll wait till it's on a torrent. Only when they release an honest and real codex will they get my money. If they cannot be bothered to do the job right, then I cannot be bothered to actually pay for it.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by lockedge View Post
    That's the thing, why change faith's rolling rules when there's no streamlining at all? Before, I'd roll over or under a certain number. With these rules, I have to roll a die, get points, and then roll X more die to see if I can get a 5+. It's not making it simpler, it's adding a step. Just makes me wonder why GW would take such a roundabout way when they've confessed to wanting to streamline 40k.

Tis true, we don't know what these unit-specific faith abilities are. It would just be disappointing to lose the versatility I could get out of a sisters unit. I could tarpit for a round or two and buy some time with the current rules. Without Spirit of the Martyr and Hand of the Emperor, I doubt I could accomplish that in those clutch situations with the game on the line unless these unit specific faith powers vary per phase(to which I'd wonder what the point would be in making them unit specific).

I think I've gotten over much of the initial shock. I think I'll just stay away from rumours and let the WD codex come when it comes. If I like it, I'll play it. If I don't, I have a fandex or the old codex. I'm not really in a position where I lack options.
    Acculy it is stream lining.

1)You no longer have to keep track of Faith points burned and gained during a game. You roll up your "faith pool" at the start of the turn.
    2)You always have the same target number for a faith point.

I find it funny because the mechanic suspiciously sounds like a simplified version of WHFB's magic system.
    -Roll for "Faith Pool" at the start of your turn
    -Allocate faith points(number of dice) to a act of faith you want to go off.
    -Roll your dice and see if you got the +5 on one of your dice.

I don't see were this is more complex then what you already are doing. (Were you get one point per unit, then have to keep track of your points as they are gained and lost dureing the game.)

Well the acts of faith before were something you saved and would use when the moment is right, this mecanic changes acts of faith to the core. Bassist in a SoB army you are using acts of faith every turn. The trick is allocating your dice to maximize how many units will benefit from them.

In this system you are easily going to have 1-3 units a turn using acts of faith, maby even more counting on how many faithfull units you take, and how well you roll.

As for this change making your units less versatile? I would not be so quick to assume that. You don't know the final special rules, war gear, and points coast the final book will have. Heck. All we know about the basic SoB squad is that they will have a +3/++6Sv, and that they will be cheaper then they currently are.

That's not alot to go on.

All I know is that what we have heard so far sounds promising.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-14-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

Wait, someone actually thought my offhanded comment was a credible source?

Hmmm, I think Sisters will come with rad and psykotroke grenades, and that the faith system will work just like psychic powers in terms of rules, with units getting powers just like the Grey Knights, and that Priests will have a special rule that caused enemy models assaulted by him to take a leadership test and if they fail they see the light of the emperor and are now controlled by the Sisters player. For 25pts. And he comes with an eviscerator for free.

I wonder if I can get quoted on warseer or something if I make enough crap up.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Not just an evicerator for free, you gotta think big man. An eviserator that also strikes at initiative 10. Gosh, don't you know anything? .
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Chaplain

Now that would make every SoB players day/week/year, is that GW make Faith like psychic powers and actually class them as such...meaning don't ever play a GK player then.

I'm still hoping all this rumour is a misconception and we are getting a codex, and all the WD will be is the lead up to it....we can hope atleast.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

@DarkLink
    Did I say you where credible source?? I just made example with lower cost....ehhh people...

As for realistic cost, 8-9 pt....should do.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Well, if we're all going to just shout numbers out in the Battle Sister cost lottery, I'm going with 11 points. What do we get if we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Now that would make every SoB players day/week/year, is that GW make Faith like psychic powers and actually class them as such...meaning don't ever play a GK player then.

I'm still hoping all this rumour is a misconception and we are getting a codex, and all the WD will be is the lead up to it....we can hope atleast.
    I'm hoping GW starts releasing beta rules in WD so the world can test them, so when they do release the final Codex it comes with a complete FAQ (and/or clear rules).

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast