BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Nope, I just checked Warseer, the chap who posted the picture posted pictures from the Storm of Magic stuff as well, no way he could fake it all. SoM stuff [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=143554#post143554"]here[/URL], by the way. Go look, its all fantastic and wonderful.

If the rules are good and the plastic kits are excellent and well prices (not like GKs) I can cope with this. If the rules are poor I won't be very happy. I doubt the models will be poor because Jes Goodwin is supposed to have done them.

Edit: Ok initial grumpiness fading, happy SoB are getting new rules and if the models are as nice as we have been led to believe I'll be buying lots.
    I hate to ask this but.... I realy don't remember GW ever releasing new models for a army when they get a WD update. Has GW ever done this?

=|

I'm fully expecting just to see the metal range re-released in fine cast at best.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

We've had eyewitnesses (though no pics to my knowledge) of new Sisters models. The reason I'm curious about the range release timing is that, like Grey Knights and Dark Eldar they seem like a good candidate for a total range re-sculpt, and it seems rather soon for GW to have another one of those ready to go.

As to the White Dwarf codex, the only thing I'd lament about that is the potential lack of fluff answering questions I have about the Sororitas. I see no reason to assume the rules in a paperback book and the rules in a magazine will be of different quality.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    We've had eyewitnesses (though no pics to my knowledge) of new Sisters models. The reason I'm curious about the range release timing is that, like Grey Knights and Dark Eldar they seem like a good candidate for a total range re-sculpt, and it seems rather soon for GW to have another one of those ready to go.

As to the White Dwarf codex, the only thing I'd lament about that is the potential lack of fluff answering questions I have about the Sororitas. I see no reason to assume the rules in a paperback book and the rules in a magazine will be of different quality.
    Yeah, but it means you have to get both copies of white dwarf to be able to use it, though i admit that may be cheaper than just buying a codex. But codexes are so much more neat.

Chaplain

Maybe the white dwarf will last longer than the 2 weeks it takes all of my codex books to fall apart?
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Maybe the white dwarf will last longer than the 2 weeks it takes all of my codex books to fall apart?
    yeah, my tyranid codex is falling apart already and i haven't even played any in person games yet, lol (still building my army)

Veteran-Sergeant

I am firmly in the "believe it when I see it" camp. One thing that makes me skeptical is the use of the word "bestiary" in the description. 40k codices don't have "bestiaries." Sisters sure as hell don't.

Sometimes they use the term "bestiary" in supporting material.

I get the sinking feeling that this being a stopgap codex, they'll most likely release Finecast versions of the current sisters range until the codex gets a proper overhaul.

I don't think it is a stopgap codex, we've had rumours of it being worked on for nearly a year now. What I hope is that this is part of GWs rumoured plan to re-invigorate WD as a hobby magazine, they tested the waters with Spearhead and it was well recieved, now they are going further. I hope so, at any rate. I'd still prefer a real codex but if the quality is there it won't be so bad. The problem with the BA WD codex was that it was a poor effort.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    I am firmly in the "believe it when I see it" camp. One thing that makes me skeptical is the use of the word "bestiary" in the description. 40k codices don't have "bestiaries." Sisters sure as hell don't.
    My thoughts exactly.

Additionally, I really don't suspect sisters will be getting any resculpts to be released with this WD. Finecast models, on the other hand...

Don't get me wrong, I'll be buying those WD issues, even though I'm the type to glance over it once in the LGS and get all I'd need from it. It's just such a shame that this is the direction GW is taking for the Sisters...

It isn't fake, unless you think he faked these too:

I suppose these might be real and the back page fake, but why go to that sort of effort?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast