BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I don't think it is a stopgap codex, we've had rumours of it being worked on for nearly a year now. What I hope is that this is part of GWs rumoured plan to re-invigorate WD as a hobby magazine, they tested the waters with Spearhead and it was well recieved, now they are going further. I hope so, at any rate. I'd still prefer a real codex but if the quality is there it won't be so bad. The problem with the BA WD codex was that it was a poor effort.
    So wait. They were going on about how fantsey is meant to be the "high quaility" range, meant for the vet gamers. (Thus the hard cover army books.)

What dose that now say about 40k if they codexs are now comping out in white dwarf articles?

O.o

Conflicting PR much?

Edit: (On another note. sexy looking pics of the upcoming storm of magic stuff!)
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-10-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

It is odd certainly, especially since we were told there would be no more WD codices. It could be they are trying to rush through new books for the last remaining 3rd ed codices so they can get 6th ed out next year in time for the 25th anniversary of 40k.

It could also be they realise 40k is their most popular range and that the fanbase are devoted enough to take a WD book on the chin.

There are a couple more SoM picture pages in the Fantasy Rumours section, go check them out. Muchly pretty.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm not suggesting the WD release of the sisters is fake, but that getting new plastic sculpts with a WD release is wishful thinking. I would love to be proven wrong, but I just don't think a WD army will have the pull to help market a new model range.

Far too many reliable sources have spoken about SoB miniatures for them not to be on the way. Ghost21, Harry, Hastings, Stickmonkey, StraightSilver spoke to Jes Goodwin about them etc. If they are putting out a WD codex they may as well put models out at the same time, why keep them for who knows how many more years 'til they get a real codex?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Far too many reliable sources have spoken about SoB miniatures for them not to be on the way. Ghost21, Harry, Hastings, Stickmonkey, StraightSilver spoke to Jes Goodwin about them etc. If they are putting out a WD codex they may as well put models out at the same time, why keep them for who knows how many more years 'til they get a real codex?
    Dark Eldar is my only reply to that. Didn't they have the range done for a long period of time before releasing them with their codex?

Honestly, it's just smart marketing to get players excited about a release with full-blown rules/models. I criticize GW for this approach as it does lead to spiky sales, but given the general disappointment that the WD BA army saw, I think it's questionable for them to have lackluster hype on what I'm sure are gorgeous models.

I mean, we all know GW makes their money on the models so why bother releasing codexes at all when they can be more easily inserted into an issue of WD? I'm sure it's simply a rush job, but given the overhaul that the sisters line needs, I just think it would be smarter for them to align that with a full codex to develop greater excitement in these new models. I'll be happy with a new range, but I'm sure it's going to instead be delivered in order to process the sale of finecast sisters models, not entirely new plastic kits.

Chaplain

GW... If you're going to release sisters instead of necrons at least do it properly...
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Not really, no, they were being worked on for a long time and underwent several revisions, the models atleast. But we also know the DE codex came last, and we know from several reliable rumourmongers that work on the SoB book commenced shorlty after work on the Grey Knights book. So no reason to assume it is anything but a full release.

Chapter-Master

I might have to grab the two leftover metal sisters at my lgs. 60 sisters, 10 seraphim and some rhinos is a decent backup army to my gks.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

And in other news Mellissa has just bought a handgun and a one way to ticket to Nottingham...

This seems a bad idea to me. BA could get away with it when they were a WD released army...because they were basically (at the time) Space Marines, with a few different units and changes.

Sisters are a whole other being.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I agree, but it really depends how it is done. If they do it properly, as in a full 96 page codex split over two or three issues of WD, with well written fluff and rules, then that is great. Though I'd still prefer it in a proper book. But if they go down the BA route of just a few minor changes over, what, 20 pages then that is not acceptable quality.

Of course, if this is just a stopgap codex, then it makes MORE sense to have new plastic kits out now, as SoB are the only remaining all metal army. Put out a good, plastic range with some decent rules on the cheap in WD then put out a proper book later in 6th edition or something.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-11-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast