BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

WTF!? When GW has done so much work in the last 12 months to improve the quality and content of codexes and army books they do this? They may as well just have the front cover of that WD being a picture of them taking the sisters range and dumping it in the bin, to make it clear exactly what they think of them. I've been a stauch defender of GW through the recent pricing and finecast debate but this is a spectacularly bad move.

Who in their right mind at GW thinks that Sisters players are going to be happy about having to carry around and flick through one or even two copies of WD to find their rules. This is a purely commercial decision, designed to bring new palyers to the sisters by them going 'well I already have the rules and don't need a codex, so I might as well buy some of the models'. It may bring them new players, but it is insulting to exisiting sisters players (and I'm not one of them btw). Poor GW, very poor indeed.
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 06-11-2011 at 03:49 AM. Reason: typo

Not defending a WD codex lite (unless it really is just a stop-gap to update the henchmen choices) but I'd think they'll release it pdf shortly after. Pretty sure they did that with blood angels.

Battle-Brother

Look I realize this isn't going to be the fancy new codex we all want and I'm the first to admit the sisters deserve better but honestly can it be any worse than using the old codex?

Most of the posts seem to be focused on the negative aspects but hey, sisters are getting some new rules and probably some awesome new plastic models

At the end of the day can it really be any worse than the current situation?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by FlangeNabber View Post
    Look I realize this isn't going to be the fancy new codex we all want and I'm the first to admit the sisters deserve better but honestly can it be any worse than using the old codex?

Most of the posts seem to be focused on the negative aspects but hey, sisters are getting some new rules and probably some awesome new plastic models

Agree - even just bringing the vehicle costs in line with modern codicii would be a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by FlangeNabber View Post

+1 on that.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Veteran-Sergeant

Something is better then nothing!! Hell would you prefer to be like the Dark Eldar and get nothing for 11+ years?!?!

Librarian

Loud noises!!!
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Scout

Whie I don't really care about SoB, I can say something about WD Codices as a BA player:

• The best thing about a WD Codex is the free PDF download.
    • You can put the PDF into Google Documents and also do your army lists there - wherever you go, it's in the cloud and follows you.
    • WD Codices were great if GW took the oportunity to update them more often. The BA PDF Codex had blatant errors like no doors on Rhinos throughout its entire existence. GW was so nice to update the PDF for 5th Edition, but they failed to iron out errors like this one.
    • The BA had the PDF Codex for three years, so don't necessarily take the release of another PDF Codex as a sign for a real Codex to follow soon.

I'm personally thinking there is something a bit off about these new pictures from this months WD.

Mainly, how has this guy got his issue of WD so early? And why does he appear to be the only person on the planet to have it?

I'm not saying they are fake, but a brand new poster pops up on Warseer, with pics from a WD that shouldnt be released for about 2 weeks, could he be a GW plant? Probably not, but could explain the above.

Brother-Sergeant

So tossing in my two thrones:

- WD for SoBs as a stop-gap makes sense. Assassins, Karamazov on his Throne of Porcelain... err... Judgement and Inquisitor Henchmen are all in the new GK Codex and have different rules than the Witch Hunters book. And Witch Hunters are the only Codex left with the allies rules. By putting out a SoB Mini-Dex you obsolete the old Witch Hunter book, thus getting rid of the allies rules once and for all.

- With the Finecast decision, the question of what to do with Sisters come up. If you know that you don't have a full Codex ready but you do have the miniatures ready, do you release the old models in Finecast - knowing that you're spending the money on molds and packaging for a short-term release, or do you release the new plastics? Well, if you're going to release the new plastics, players are going to expect rules with them.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast