BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Well, it's not a full on codex. But at least they are redoing sisters with (hopefully) a few years to go before a new edition of rules is released. Looking at the history I don't think the ink was dry on the 2nd edition codex before 3rd edition was released. How long was it between the release of the current codex and the new edition. I don't think that they even bothered for 4th edition.

Brother-Sergeant

Well, the Witch Hunters book is certainly showing its age at this point, especially in the point cost department.

I'm not exactly enamoured with the idea of haveing to flip through two magazines for my Codex, but if the other chunk of the rumour (GW making the Codex available online later this year) pans out, then that will only be temporary.

I'm willing to wait and see what they come up with. If it's good, then I don't really have a huge issue. If it's not, well, the boards will still be here and we can gripe then.

In terms of new models, I'll admit that would be nice, but I've enough of a backlog of stuff to paint that I'm a way off from worrying on it.

Chaplain

Wel going by some here, let's see GW bring out 6th Ed, we all know that SM's get treated better, then maybe Orks, IG Eldar and probably latter..oh year we forgot the Necrons and SoB again. Oh well they can wait to the end again.

Why bring out GK's and DE codex's and the do a miserable fail with a WD release?? Be sure to be seeing Necrons get shafted too now. They won't bring the Necrons out in a codex either going by this.
    So next year we see 6th ed..woopee do dah. Just make us all buy a new rulebook, more SM's and maybe just maybe get SoB and Necrons three editions too late.

Seriously if this is real, im going to be seriously crappy with GW from now on. I think i will go visit them next tuesday here (mondays a public holiday here). Just an update i can live with, a crappy WD codex, i'd rather stick with what i have. Atleast that is a codex.
    Sure love to see new plastic miniatures, some Finecast too. But what we want is a codex. Not a WD minidex.
    Good to see if this is true GW are a bunch of lyers.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Librarian

Wow, this is weird and interesting. I don't think a WD-based Codex/Army Book has ever gotten a full miniatures range to go along with it, especially considering how extensive a Sisters revamp would have to be. Curious what they'll do once these two issues are out of print. Maybe they'll finally test the waters for electronic Codex releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Knight View Post
    By putting out a SoB Mini-Dex you obsolete the old Witch Hunter book, thus getting rid of the allies rules once and for all.
    Boo. I like Allies, and don't see why everyone's so glad to see them gone. Just because there were issues with specific implementations doesn't mean the idea's bad.

Storm of Magic pics look 'To Good To Be True'

As an aside, thanks for taking the time to relate these pics over to us. Saves me from having to use google-fu and a prayer to find them.
    Founding Member Of The "I Hate Cruddace" Fan Club.

WD release makes sense to me. My guess is we'll see new SoB models in the 6th ed. box, followed (relatively) shortly by a book codex release with additional new models.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Wow, this is weird and interesting. I don't think a WD-based Codex/Army Book has ever gotten a full miniatures range to go along with it, especially considering how extensive a Sisters revamp would have to be. Curious what they'll do once these two issues are out of print. Maybe they'll finally test the waters for electronic Codex releases?
    They'll make it available for download, just like the Blood Angels White Dwarf was, before Ward monkey-spanked all over it.

Boo. I like Allies, and don't see why everyone's so glad to see them gone. Just because there were issues with specific implementations doesn't mean the idea's bad.
    I don't disagree with you on that at all. I remember back when Allies could be 25% of your army's total points... I think GW wants Allies to be an Apocalypse only thing.

Here's a thought I had regarding the WD release.

Those who have read the Grey Knights book noticed that a large amount of material specific to the witchhunters codex and shared by both older codices was included in the Grey Knights book. Pretty much everything but inducted allies, and the sisters themselves are in the GK book already.

So what if the WD release is just the sisters part of the book and simply removes the grey knights and puts in the Sororitas? They'd then be able to fit quite a bit of nun specific fluff, rules, and units into a WD article without having to rehash anything.

Brother-Captain

Oh man...my buddy who plays SoB is not gonna be happy when he wakes up this morning.

I hope that, somehow, this is actually a half-decent 'codex'.
    And that they at least get a kick-*** model wave to blunt the blow.

Whose to say the WD codex isn't just a testing ground to see if they sell? If they do they probably have plenty of content to repackage as a full Codex later down the line just like the Warhammer 40,000 Compendium was a collection of White Dwarf articles. I think it's much better for White Dwarf to have something worthwhile in it's pages than the usual raft of adverts. If it fails they can just bin it off and go with anothe true Codex upgrade further down the line.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast