Transports
    x3 Raiders - 180
    x3 Night Shields - 30

1x Raider - 60
    1x Flicker Field - 10
    1x Splinter Racks - 10

Heavy Support
    1x Ravager - 105

Turn one turbo boost my CC units raiders for the 4+ Cover save while my Ravager and the other raider with warriors move in staying behind cover as best as they can and firing their lances so my CC units can get into combat turn 2.

How does this one sound?

The list looks better. Unfortunately, the Beast Master Pack isn't going to do much other than die. Really, a minimum squad of them would be 2 Beast Masters, 5 Khymerae, 2 Razorwing Flocks. So just for now, drop those guys until you go to a higher points level where you can fit in a decent unit of them.

If you want to keep the Warcks, drop a Succubus and get that Haemonculus back, sticking him in the unit that Succubus was going to be in. Wyches starting with FNP is quite decent. Otherwise, drop the Wracks and get another Ravager.

Librarian

Another Ravager could definitely be of use. Your army has some decent anti-tank options already, but they are going to get tossed clean off the board by a decent marine or Guard mech wall.

Of course, don't confuse that statement with saying that Wracks can't be good, reliable units.

I typically don't believe that starting the game with a pain token is as important as starting the game in good position with a strong sense of where and when to strike first. You don't need to remove the Succubi, nor do you desperately need the Haemonculus. By the time these units are going to get attacked, you will probably already have that first pain token thanks to killing a few enemies.

Beastmaster units should never be run as a small unit unless they are coming out of a webway portal, and even then they should go straight into a combat so that they do a small modicum of damage before they die. 5 wyches would do you better here, they each have the 4+ invul in CC, can hold objectives, they can even shoot and benefit from combat drugs. The Khymerae are there to keep a unit alive that is going to get overwhelemd with wounds by anything with an attack. Your average squad leader could probably defeat this squad on their own in CC.

I'm not saying he needs the Haemonculus and should drop the Succubus, but that if he doesn't do that he should drop the Wracks and take a Ravager. In fact, he should probably drop the Wracks in favour of a Ravager over the other option because the added AT would be far more useful to his list.

Veteran-Sergeant

Only reason the beast master is there is because i took out the homunculus and up'd the 9 man wracks to 10 with 2 liquifiers and had some points left over i didnt know where to put. I like the two succubi decently enough. Roughly i had around 50 points to work with after dropping the homunculus so any suggestions where to put them would be nice!

Drop the Warcks, take a Ravager and then you've got quite a few more points to spend to get something decent.

Veteran-Sergeant

I play tested my most recent minus the Beast Masters and Haywire Grenades and put in some Reavers. The Reavers got blown up as usual but the list ran VERY well. I was playing Chaos Space Marines. His list was this

Daemon Prince
    Demon Weapon
    Nurgles Rot
    Wings

10 Khorne Bezerkers
    aspiring Champion

10 Noise Marines

10 Thousand Suns
    Aspiring Sorcerer

Defiler with Reaper Auto Cannon, Havoc Launcher.

and 2 Obliterators ( they were their own separate squads )

I got first turn and 3 Raiders turbo Boosting across the board really caught him off guard. I like how my opponent must prioritize his targets between the 3 of the CC squads. He picked the two Blood Bride squads as his targets he weapon destroyed both of them.
    Turn 2 The wracks got out and got an AP 3 and AP 1 Liquifer Gun shots which killed 5 of his berzerkers and the wracks ate them in CC. The Blood Brides and Succubi ate both the Thousand Sons and the Noise Marines.

So i plan on play testing this list a few more times before changing it. I really like it now so we shall see. Thanks Everyone for the help! Ill keep you guys posted on other battle reports ect.

i wouldnt use beating that chaos list as anything to go off of. im not even sure you can take a daemon weapon on a prince or why you'd ever have rot on that prince build instead of warptime. that aside, the defiler is a terrible build so you basically mashed up some poor little billy who was foot slogging over-points MEQ.

put the haywires back in, cut the reavers, put shock prows on the raiders and night shields on the ravagers. the raiders being able to tank shock/ram once they've dumped their cargo is far better than people give it credit for and... the ravagers can engage at 36 so requiring your opponent to (possibly, at least with careful planning) relocate his heavy weapons before being able to engage them is a win.
    Last edited by Velium; 06-14-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clarification

Daemon Princes can't take Daemon Weapons, the Defiler build is fail and Thousand Sons are just fail no matter what. On Miniwargaming we have a stickied thread in the Chaos section on why Thousand Sons suck.

Anyway, drop the Reavers and get another Ravager. I don't see where the Haywires could've been of any use there, even against the Defiler, the fastest Walker in the game to my knowledge, he's just too slow and shouldn't be catching you before your 2 Ravagers tear him apart. I'll agree with Raiders Ramming, but it works best if you have maximum range between you and your opponent and you use Enhanced Aethersails. Otherwise you could give it Torment Grenade Launchers and Tank Shock troops off objectives or just away from where you want them.

Veteran-Sergeant

Default 78

[QUOTE=incenerate101;144202]HQ
    Succubus - 65
    Agoniser - 20

Succubus - 65
    Agoniser - 20

Elites
    9x Hekatrix Bloodbrides - 117
    3x Shardnet Impalers - 30

x10 Wracks - 90
    x1 Liquifer Gun - 20

Troops
    10x Kabalite Warriors - 90
    1x Splinter Cannon - 10
    1x Blaster - 15

10x Kabalite Warriors - 90
    1x Splinter Cannon
    1x Blaster - 15

x9 Wyches - 90
    Sharnet Impalers - 10
    - Hekatrix - 10
    x1 Agoniser - 20

Fast Attack
    x3 Reavers
    x1 Heat Lance

Transports
    x3 Raiders - 180
    x3 Night Shields - 30

1x Raider - 60
    1x Flicker Field - 10
    1x Splinter Racks - 10

Heavy Support
    2x Ravager - 210

This one gets me two ravagers and i keep the reavers for a first turn potential tank top.
    Exactley 1250.
    Any critiques?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast