BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Lash of Submission and charging

Im a little confused by the wording with Lash of Submission. If you use it against a squad, do you have to charge the squad you use it on?

Argument for no:
    The new FAQ update for Psychic powers for the main Rulebook says that a Psychic power is a shooting attack if it has the profile of shooting attack, which Lash of Submission doesnt (and it doesnt need to roll to hit. you just make a psychic check and it just happens). And under the Lash of Submission entry in the Chaos Codex doesnt specifically state that it is a shooting attack.

So am I right in my assumption or am I way off?

If it's not a shooting attack, it doesn't limit your charge options.

Chapter-Master

All assaults are bound by the stipulations in the rulebook, unless the codex explicitly states otherwise--- in other words, if lash is stated as a shooting attack, and the rulebook states that you must assault what you shot, then if you want to assault, you must assault the unit you lashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    All assaults are bound by the stipulations in the rulebook, unless the codex explicitly states otherwise--- in other words, if lash is stated as a shooting attack, and the rulebook states that you must assault what you shot, then if you want to assault, you must assault the unit you lashed.

So I guess my question is Lash of submission considered a shooting attack.

No, it's not. The rulebook 1.3 FAQ clarifies that a power is not a shooting attack unless it has a "full" ranged profile (range, strength, and AP) or specifically state that it is a psychic shooting attack. Thus, although lash of submission takes the place of a shooting attack, it is not technically a shooting attack itself.

So by extension, would that mean that Mind War is no longer a shooting attack? And would therefore no longer allow for cover saves?

If not for the Eldar FAQ that specifically states that Mind War is a psychic shooting attack, it would.