BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Saim Hann 1500 (well, nearly 1500)

HQ

Farseer
    Runes of Warding; Spirit Stones; Fortune; Doom; Eldritch Storm; Jetbike; Singing Spear

x4 Warlocks
    x4 Jetbikes; x3 Destructors; Embolden; x4 Singing Spears

Troops

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x3 Guardian Jetbikes

x3 Guardian Jetbikes

Fast Attack

Vyper
    Bright lance; Shuriken Cannon; Spirit Stones

Vyper
    Bright lance; Shuriken Cannon; Spirit Stones

Heavy Support

Night-Spinner
    Star Engines

Night-Spinner
    Star Engines

I've got 40 points left over, and I'm not sure what to spend them on, suggestions?

The army plan is pretty straight forward, use the Eldar's advantage of speed to maneuver round my opponent and cause damage!

More tacticts for this list will be on my [URL="http://saimhanneldar.blogspot.com/"]Saim Hann Blog[/URL]

You're going to need some anti-tank. Try ditching the nightspinners and a Viper to get three fire-prisms. A bright-lance viper is just about the biggest waste of points imaginable, anyway. Really, ditch both of them, go with the triple prisms, and bulk up the rest of your jetbike squads.

your anti tank problem could be solved by splitting the warlocks between the jet bike squad

do you need that many spear sin one unit to deal with tanks? most times i see a council like this it armed with blades for close combat.
    this army is unlikly to shift entrenched troops on objectives with out a close assult unit

bright lances are wasted on vypers. EML can be fired on the move if you use the blast and the cannon. and can go anti tank if you are desperate. best weapon for vypers is the scatter laser lots of shot so some will hit but lots of range. marine bolters often bring them down at 24 inches

bean has a point on prisms they are far more flexable as a pair.

an all reserve strat could work for this force but you'd need an autarch for +1

if i had 40 points lost spirit stones for spinners and 2 shuriken cannons for last 2 bike squad

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

HQ

Farseer
    Runes of Warding; Spirit Stones; Fortune; Doom; Eldritch Storm; Jetbike; Singing Spear

x4 Warlocks
    x4 Jetbikes; x3 Destructors; Embolden; x2 Singing Spears

Troops

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes

x3 Guardian Jetbikes

Fast Attack

Vyper
    Eldar Missile Launcher; Shuriken Cannon; Spirit Stones

Heavy Support

Fire Prism
    Holo-Fields; Spirit Stones;

Fire Prism

The revised list; one vyper is gone, the other now has an ELM, NightSpinners have been replaced by Prisms with holo fields for survivability, 6 more bikes have been added.

Should I split the council up among the bike squads?

http://saimhanneldar.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Farseer View Post
    HQ

Farseer

x4 Warlocks
    x4 Jetbikes; x3 Destructors; Embolden; x2 Singing Spears

Troops

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
    x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes

x3 Guardian Jetbikes

Fast Attack

Vyper
    Eldar Missile Launcher; Shuriken Cannon; Spirit Stones

Heavy Support

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

The revised list; one vyper is gone, the other now has an ELM, NightSpinners have been replaced by Prisms with holo fields for survivability, 6 more bikes have been added.

Should I split the council up among the bike squads?
    Don't split up the council.

Do seriously consider dropping the upgrades on the Fire Prisms and that second viper for a third fire prism.

I know people tend to think "two prisms!" and stop there, but the third prism is still a very good buy. Sure, putting its shot in with the other two is a waste, but the prism is a very good tank even when it's not combining its fire, and odds are you're going to lose prism shots quickly whether you have holo-fields or not. When one prism goes down or loses its gun or gets shaken, you'll be glad you have a spare.

If, for some aesthetic reason, you don't want to play three prisms, then that looks basically fine. Might consider even dropping some stuff and buffing up the council or adding warlocks into the bigger bike squads.

Oh, also: drop a Destructor for Enhance. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Do seriously consider dropping the upgrades on the Fire Prisms and that second viper for a third fire prism.

I know people tend to think "two prisms!" and stop there, but the third prism is still a very good buy. Sure, putting its shot in with the other two is a waste, but the prism is a very good tank even when it's not combining its fire, and odds are you're going to lose prism shots quickly whether you have holo-fields or not. When one prism goes down or loses its gun or gets shaken, you'll be glad you have a spare.

If, for some aesthetic reason, you don't want to play three prisms, then that looks basically fine. Might consider even dropping some stuff and buffing up the council or adding warlocks into the bigger bike squads.
    By dropping the vyper and 3 of the bikes, I can buy another prism with holofields.

Any other suggestions?

http://saimhanneldar.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Farseer View Post
    By dropping the vyper and 3 of the bikes, I can buy another prism with holofields.

Any other suggestions?
    Not really. That's pretty much the list I'd play.