BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Unhappy I'm Sorry (open letter)

I'm sorry.

I know we had our differences in our relationship, but I can see past them now.
    Let's take it back to when we first started. I avoided you at first cause people told me how difficult you could be. And they were right, you're tough and awkward to work with at times. But you were always reliable, and sturdy. The weight your contribution brought was always solid.

To be honest I don't know where our love affair ended. I can't remember falling our of love with you. But one day you just weren't there anymore.

I've had a couple of tries with someone new, but it's not the same. People told me about how flash and amazing they were, and i believed them. But all ive had so far is disappointment. They are flimsy and they bend on the slightest issue. I want to know their details, but their story just seems full of holes and lacking details. I just don't feel I can rely on them like I could on you.

Come back Metal, all is forgiven
    I preach 4 things. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, The importance of good dental hygiene, the evils of COMIC SANS and the superiority of Mac over PC

Goodbye and good riddance metal. You have been replaced by something that doesn't weight a ton, is easier to manipulate and mold to my liking and will stick and stay the way I tell it to.

Wait, that came out wrong...
    Last edited by Lemt; 06-15-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Yep, just because there are some QC issues (which are being resolved) doesn't mean GW taking metal out back, giving it a cigarette and popping a cap in the back of its head isn't a good thing. In six months time when the casting issues are sorted out all this will be forgotten.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think we all need therapy of some sort. &_&

All of the drama over finecast is getting pretty absurd, not to mention misleading. I've now purchased two finecast models (Canis Wolfborn, Dark Eldar Archon) and both have been perfect. Among my circle of gaming friends, there are about 12 more finecast models that have all been flawless, not even air bubbles. While 14 models out of the thousands produced doesn't mean that the quality control is perfect on the finecast range, it does mean that any previously mentioned statistics regarding miscasts are grossly exaggerated.

Chapter-Master

Good Riddance.

Sorry Para, but out of two shipments of Finecast to the local shop that I've seen the entirety of, only 3 models in total weren't severely messed up, only 1 of which was a "perfect" cast - and that on an Ork, of all things.

Well, I spoke with my local red shirt (AKA 1 hour away) and he told me that the only two models that seem to have problems often are Coteaz (problems on the eagle's beak) and the Terminator Librarian (problems on the bolter). I checked quite a lot of minis mself, both Fantas and 40k, and I saw no errors on any of them.

Brother-Captain

Don't worry TOG, metal isn't going away. Metal has been the medium of choice for miniature figures for the better part of 300 years, and there are still plenty of folks in the collecting community who prefer it over resin.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by faolan View Post
    Sorry Para, but out of two shipments of Finecast to the local shop that I've seen the entirety of, only 3 models in total weren't severely messed up, only 1 of which was a "perfect" cast - and that on an Ork, of all things.
    I am sorry to say this but.

I am having a hard time believing this.

Not a single model i have seen has had any problems.
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 06-15-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast