Brother-Captain

Good riddance, indeed.

Anyone want to buy 6 metal Zoanthropes? :P
    Or 7 combi-melta Sternguard?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    I am sorry to say this but.

I am having a hard time believing this.

Not a single model i have seen has had any problems.
    Whereas not a single model I've seen hasn't had problems....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by faolan View Post
    Sorry Para, but out of two shipments of Finecast to the local shop that I've seen the entirety of, only 3 models in total weren't severely messed up, only 1 of which was a "perfect" cast - and that on an Ork, of all things.

I believe that such instances are possible but I don't believe that they are anywhere near as common to warrant all of the drama people like the TC are creating. Sometimes you just have bad luck.

Chaplain

Now for the letter from the rest of us:

Dear Metal,

So long and good riddance!! I'm so much happier without you, I've found someone new in my life and I'm better off for it, some people have been saying that I should go back to you, that I'm wasting my time with this new one but I'm not listening to them, they can say what they want but I know what my experience has been and I shall trust that, not the word of naysayers.

Goodbye metal, you won't be missed!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Whereas not a single model I've seen hasn't had problems....
    I think that a lot of these "WHOA PROBLEMS!" and "THEY'RE ALWAYS PERFECT" posts tend to be more about personal perspective than anything. Many will see a model and expect it to be 100% perfect, not a single flaw. But the fact remains that metal models still are prone to the same sort of flaws(examples: one of my two metal incubi boxes had a miscast head that was missing about 50% of its substance, and an older metal librarian that I purchased many months ago had a large crack running a portion of its back where it looks like it had cooled too quickly).

I've purchase two finecast models so far: a succubus and a Coteaz. The succubus had one tiny bubble where one of the arms plugs in, and isn't noticable. The Coteaz had what I thought was a bubble, but ended up being where a vent meets the fist, which had broken off of the sprue during shipping. The other blisters I've viewed in stores seem to be fine.

Sure they're covered in flash. That flash took all of 2 minutes to clean off of the model. Hell, it took longer to properly clean any single one of any of the metal Dark Eldar models that I've purchased recently(two archons, 10 incubi, a succubus, a Urien, and a Leilith) which were all covered in the tiny metal strands poking off of any and all pointy bits of the model(created by the spinning process, no doubt).

Standing the succubus side by side with the metal one, the new Finecast one definitely looks better. As a medium, I prefer cleaning it to metal. Are they perfect? No, but they're perfectly paintable and usable. But it is a different process, and just like metal is prone to its own set of problems. I'm sure there are bad models and perfect models, but I'm betting against anyone claiming that they've only ever seen all perfect or all flawed models. I'm sure the true answer is somewhere in between.

Brother-Sergeant

i've seen maybe a dozen finecast models so far, and only two of them have been high quality. all the rest of them have had some visibly noticeable miscasts. your results may vary, but i know what i've seen and don't intend to start buying until they get the issues worked out.
    Life becomes so much more tolerable when you finally admit that it's all part of Tzeentch's plan.

Brother-Captain

Overall I like the resin, but has anyone else noticed problems with heat? A friend left his resin miniatures in his car on a 90 degree day and they ended up all melty. I've heard of FLGSs in the southern US receiving shipments of melted resin goo instead of miniatures.

Yeah, I live in South Texas. Resin models..... Yeaaaahhhhhh.... They might not work out so well.

Iron Father

To be honest I think these, anti finecast threads have been done to death now, if you don't like it don't buy it and ebay the metals instead.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I've gotten a Finecast Abbadon, and I was amazed at how crisp all the details where. Then I scraped them all off, since I wanted to build Horus with him. But thanks to Finecast, I managed to slice every single detail to use in other miniatures, instead of having to file them off as would have been the case with metal.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast