BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

My apologies mate, I blame uni exams.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mobynick View Post
    A friend of my is a doctor and is well known in the gaming community....he can't beleive that they haven't got a warning on the finecast products. In his opinion they do pose a health risk??? Also they will melt sitting on your table in summer unless you live south of Canberra.
    What health risk is he alleging? As a scientist, I require evidence, not conjecture. Also, I live in El Paso Texas. It was 105 degrees F here yesterday. I took my Jump pack chappy outside and put him in the direct sunlight for 3 hours. Nothing happened. He didn't even get slightly soft. Where are all the pics of melted minis? I am genuinely curious about where these rumours start.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    My apologies mate, I blame uni exams.
    That's allright, I know what's like to be stressed out so no prob here
    Try to throw some SM to the wall, it works for me

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I used Sugar cubes...in the common room, mates weren't happy....could bounce them off walls though

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by templarboy View Post
    What health risk is he alleging? As a scientist, I require evidence, not conjecture. Also, I live in El Paso Texas. It was 105 degrees F here yesterday. I took my Jump pack chappy outside and put him in the direct sunlight for 3 hours. Nothing happened. He didn't even get slightly soft. Where are all the pics of melted minis? I am genuinely curious about where these rumours start.
    As a scientist I would have thought you'd know resin is toxic. It is also extreamely nasty if you inhale it as a dust.....like when you are sanding. Every other companies resins melt in hot weather (here it can reach 40c for weeks) and I don't see GW resin being any different.

So as a Dr my friend has concerns that the products may not be safe.
    As a experianced gamer/collector I have concerns that the models will deform.

If you want to set up scientific tests to prove or disprove the above, please feel free to do so and pass on your findings and recommendations to the rest of us.

Veteran-Sergeant

As a scientist I would have thought you'd know resin is toxic. It is also extreamely nasty if you inhale it as a dust.....like when you are sanding. Every other companies resins melt in hot weather (here it can reach 40c for weeks) and I don't see GW resin being any different.

So as a Dr my friend has concerns that the products may not be safe.
    As a experianced gamer/collector I have concerns that the models will deform.

If you want to set up scientific tests to prove or disprove the above, please feel free to do so and pass on your findings and recommendations to the rest of us.
    Well, normally the person making the allegation is required to provide the proof. Your concerns are valid but you stated them more as fact than opinion. Thank you for the patronizing response.

Chaplain

An independent children's test company tested GW resin and said it was safe. Do you require GW to go to your house and let you test it personally? Not *all* resin is toxic in all forms, especially when it's not pure Resin. In fact, read the Forge World info packet you can download about working with FW resin and it too will tell your FW resin is non-toxic.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by templarboy View Post
    Well, normally the person making the allegation is required to provide the proof. Your concerns are valid but you stated them more as fact than opinion. Thank you for the patronizing response.
    Your welcome No I'd rather them test it in their own home.
    They told us ddt was safe too. All I'm saying is a GP friend of mine has concerns over the safety of the stuff.
    I have concerns that it will melt. I hope both concerns turn out to be unfounded. I guess time will tell.

Your welcome No I'd rather them test it in their own home.
    They told us ddt was safe too. All I'm saying is a GP friend of mine has concerns over the safety of the stuff.
    I have concerns that it will melt. I hope both concerns turn out to be unfounded. I guess time will tell.
    Time won't tell as long as people like you are running from site to site spreading rumors and lies.

Where do you think the melting rumor came from? Someone, like you, signed into a message board and pulled sh*t out of his ***.

Look I can do it too.

I went to sleep next to my finecast Wracks and woke up with my nipples pierced. Damn you GW~!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!

Librarian

All I'm saying is a GP friend of mine has concerns over the safety of the stuff.
    I have concerns that it will melt.
    Then your friend is an idiot and I hope he never has to treat me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast