BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Dark Eldar 2000 pts. Undefeated!

So this is what I have been rolling with lately and have had great success. Now granted I have only played 3 games but I found it to be extremly deadly and versatile.

HQ
    Baron
    Duke

Troops
    10 wyches, 2 hydra gauntlets Hekatrix-agoniser PGL HayNades
    raider FF

2nd squad of the Same

20 Warriors 2 DL's

10 Hellions , helliarch-PGL agonizer

Elites

8 Incubi-Klaivex
    Raider FF

10 Mandrakes NightFiend

Heavy

Ravager FF X2

Razorwing FF 2 MonoMissiles 2 Necrotoxin

This is excatly 2000 points. I might have forgot a thing or two (typed from memory) but you get the gist.

I'm thinking of dropping the Haywire grenades on wyches. I know i have been a advocate of the grenades on past posts(my apologies Cheese!)but in three games i have only used them once on a immoblised and weaponless defiler just for the kill point which i didnt need for the win anyway( i won 10-7).

Comments and criticism welcome

Nightshields are great. Believe it or not, they can more often than not save your vehicles from fire-y doom. I've had some melta guns be out of melta range and roll 1s. =D

The whole thing is gonna be about positioning, but, it can pay off big.

Chapter-Master

I guestion the need for PGL on the Wyches. They get grenades anyway and are high enough Init that assault greandes aren't that important. With the points saved there you could bag a few more hellions

Same goes for Mandrakes...depending on your experience, but i've not really rated them
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

What is your experience with the Mandrakes? On paper, they seem utterly bad, which is a shame for such awesome models. How/When do they become amazing?

What sort of Opponents have you Played with this list? It looks decent but I would imagine anything with lots of shooting would present a problem. With only 5 vehicles not getting 1st turn would be deadly. I guess I'm just wondering how you use the lost and what armies you have played against.
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

the games i have played

1- Bloodangels with assualt squad and rhino spam- basically he had like six rhinos and six assualt squads. I basically pick them apart one by one. this was capture and control. i flew circles around him and kept his main force busy while claiming his objective and holding mine

2- space wolves with logan wing- this game was a slaughter, bad tactics and manuvering by my oppenent so my incubi just shredded terminators by the handful. it was objectives but i table him top of turn 4

3-Chaos space marines- this game was the best so far. I rolled horribly the whole game and lost almost all my foot soldiers, but thanks to all my darklances i was able to kill all his vehicles. he had two squads of plague marines. squad of ksons, vindicator, defiler,khorne bikers , demon prince and greater demon, landraider and typhus
    mandrakes are a awesome throw away unit to distract or stall enemy advance. I usually infiltrate them in cover. then pick on something small or slow down something big. they usually die but serve their purpose well. used with a combined assualt with wyches or hellions and get the pain token they become really awesome. i try to combine assualt them with wyches or hellions and when they start getting pain tokens they become nigh unstoppable.
    Last edited by Wolf Brother Hellstrom; 06-18-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Nightfiend is a waste on the Mandrakes. The PGL's are pretty much a waste. Especialy on the Whyches as they ahve the Haywire Grenades.
    The Incubi are useful. but as soon as they assault they ahve won, and are vunerable to fire in the opponents turn. So I would consider splitting the unit up into two. So they will last two turns, so in your turn you can assault again or move into cover. Or multi assaulting two enemy units.

It's nice to see that someone else finally see's what I mean about the 'nades

TheRise, I'll agree that the PGL is wasted on the Wyches because they come with assault grenades stock, if that's what you meant by Haywire Grenades. If you meant Haywire Grenades, they don't affect the Wyches in combat against troops at all.

The PGL on the Hellions is also not necessary if they're running with the Baron. Otherwise I'd say they're must have.

On the Razorwing, the Necrotoxin Missiles are nearly pointless. Think about the infantry you are (or at least should be) firing at. None of it is (or should be) T5+, so you're wounding them on 2's anyway and you have the ability to cut through the armour of horde armies like Orks and 'Nids, which can make quite a difference considering how many hits a well placed Large Blast can get.

I'd drop the Mandrakes down to 8 and drop the Klaivex on the Incubi so that you can get some more hellions. In some games they really don't last long enough to do the damage you'd like, which can be a real shame when you got some nice rolls with your drugs.

As I said I would definitely split the Incubi up into 2 and take out the Klaivex.
    I always, always! take just the Monoscythe missiles on my Razorwing's. I find them a lot more effective than necrotoxins.
    As Cheese says you are woundign on 2's anyway and you ahve the Blast Markers which could even (if well placed) hit two units. And you ahve what 4 of them (dex not on me atm soz).
    The Warriors I would give Splinter Cannons instead of the Lances. You ahve enough Anti-tank already. You would have 14 Lances with the 2 on the warriors. Which is overkill of Anti-tank. So if yous it your Warriors on an objective you can get 26 poisoned 4+ shots against a unit within 24" and 46 of those shots at a unit within 12".
    Also maybe give on of the Ravagers all Disintergrator Cannons for even better anti-infantry. Heavy3 with S5 AP 3 means that a few Big Guys 9liek Big Nids) will be taken down in that turn.

Smile

ok here's my revised list

duke
    baron

20 warriors 2 DL

10 Wyches 2 hydra guantlets, Hekatrix w/agoniser
    Raider w/ FF and NS

10 Wyches 2 hydra guantlets, Hekatrix w/agoniser
    Raider w/ FF and NS

14 Hellions Helliarch w/Agoniser

8 Incubi
    Raider w/ff and NS

9 Mandrakes

Ravager w/FF and NS

Ravager w/FF and NS

Razorwing w/2 Disintigrators, Splinter Cannon and FF

Thats 11 Dark lances. I have had great success with with the 20 warriors and the DL's they get 2-3 pain tokens every game and work great against any flanking enemies. every thing else seems good to me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast