BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'd ditch the FF drom the Wych Raiders and get another Hellion.

Chapter-Master

As someones doing awesomely with the 20 man warrior unit...and never very good with nightshields...I'd consider dropping the shields (or a man here and there) make up a cheap Hemonculus (venom blade works well) and have him deploy with the warriors, as well as the Duke (who has to obviously)

A 20 man unit, with a cover save and FNP, putting out 2 S8 AP2 shots, 36 3+ poison shots a turn does not get messed with. Then the Duke and the hemonculus can use their poison in CC to deal with anything too tough that tries to kill you. Also the Duke gives them a better Ld so they're less likely to run if they lose
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

A couple of questions, that may be silly (if so I apologise)?

Can the baron ride with the incubi or does the skyboard specifically prevent it? PGL and stealth would go quite nicely with these guys if/when they get dumped out of their transport. I know it slows him down but it gives the incubi a big boost.

Can you take haemonculi and 2 HQ slots, I always assumed that the 1-3 haemonculi took up a slot?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Can you take haemonculi and 2 HQ slots, I always assumed that the 1-3 haemonculi took up a slot?
    No you can't thats my bad....

And yes the baron can be with the incubi...he is an IC. Was going to say not until they get out of the raider, but hes jump infantry..so theoretically could get in a transport.

And by that logic theres nothing stopping Hellions getting into a raider if its empty...no where does it say they can't, just jump infantry count as 2....

So you could fit 5 into someone elses raider (cna't buy their own), have a massive move...raider moves full speed (18"?) then get out 2" and move 12", no fleet, but 6" assault....

I have been thinking of dropping the hellions alltogether. with the baron that is 344 pts! I could get a whole squad of incubi with a raider abd still have points! or 2 squads of trueborn in venoms if i drop the mandrakes also. ihave the models except the incubi but i can aquire them i got some money coming. what do you guys think. im running out of FOC slots lol

Chapter-Master

I've never used Hellions, and I dn't see the use in them...They're just fast Wyches at S4...but as I've said i've nevr used them. Same with mandrakes.

If you condsider dropping them, get the Hemonculus I mentioned. Maybe consider some scourges instead? Better saves, just as fast and with the some strong firepower for both AT and anti troops.

Everyone really needs to stop comparing Hellions to Wyches. They're incredibly different. Wyches sit in CC and tie expensive units up. Hellions do serious damage on the charge and wipe units. If the unit isn't dead by the 2nd round of CC, Hit and Run and try again. Hellions also have one HUGE advantage over Wyches. When you need to you can shoot, and they do a pretty damn good job as well. I'd keep the Hellions because they're more versatile than Incubi, but that's just me.

played two more games with new list- ork horde and ork nob biker.

The nob biker list I played the list with two squads of Incubi with Haemons and and a venom full of true born minus the hellions and mandrakes. it was bad for the orks. we played annihilation spearhead and the orks went first.
    I hunkered down in the my deployment area and blasted the crap out of him when he shot forward. from that point it was all incubi and wyches. I tabled him bottom of turn five. funny thing is if he had survived he would have crushed me with something like 9 killpoints to 4

Second list was ork hordes. I cant remeber all that he had but it was alot of boys, a battle wagon full of nobs and some lootas and stormboys. now this was a meatgrinder of a game pitched battle with 4 objectives. this game was a draw 2 objectives each but it was a throw down, kick in the teeth bloodbath. I took the hellions and mandrakes but i think the other list would have been better.

In closing I love incubi and technically still undeafted with one draw

Thanks for all the advice

Chapter-Master

Incubi are awesome...most of the time

I had a unit of 4 get into combat with a unit of 3 Tzeentch Flamers (eg WS2, T4, 1 attack each). Took me 2 turns to kill 1. Another 2 to kill the other 2....

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    No you can't thats my bad....

And yes the baron can be with the incubi...he is an IC. Was going to say not until they get out of the raider, but hes jump infantry..so theoretically could get in a transport.

And by that logic theres nothing stopping Hellions getting into a raider if its empty...no where does it say they can't, just jump infantry count as 2....
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhammer Rulebook
    BRB, p.66, Transport capacity, paragraph 3:

Only infantry models may embark in transports (it is worth noting that this does not include jump infantry), unless a codex book says otherwise.
    So that would be incorrect, Doc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast