BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Ah thank you...I always seem to miss little bits....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

You pay just over 100 points for the Baron, and you get the only model in the game who can roll a 7. That's a massive advantage for only 105 points.
    Last edited by thecactusman17; 06-24-2011 at 02:59 PM.

You can't roll above a 6 I've been told, so if the Baron rolls a 6 and your opponent rolls a 6, you have to reroll rather than it being a 7. That's what I was told by my GW store manager anyway, but they do somtimes get rules wrong. If he's wrong, I'd certainly be glad.

Librarian

There is nothing in the rulebook saying that you can't roll higher than a 6. The Baron ALWAYS adds +1 to your die roll for determining who goes first/chooses sides/whatever. It's right there in his codex rules and was not in any way changed or altered by the FAQ.

On a natural 6, the Baron can only ever tie against another Baron.

That's what I thought originally, although I couldn't be bothered disputing the store manager. I may bring it up next time I'm in though, thanks cactus.

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    What is your experience with the Mandrakes? On paper, they seem utterly bad, which is a shame for such awesome models. How/When do they become amazing?
    yeah there are quite a few good dark eldar models out there that look nice but on paper ....meh which is annoying

Default why do we fall? to learn to pick ourselves up

took my first loss

I got literially spaked by the infamous Grey Knights
    He took three three rifleman dread, three squads of Purifier marines, and Draco in Stormraven
    it was annihilation spearhead and i went first
    he basically castled up in his deployment and shot the piss out of me. he did get lucky rolls and took out my ravagers and razorwing in first turn. It just felt like i couldnt reach him. i learned alot but it was still a tough loss

things i learned:
    1) never, never split my forces
    2) if i cant reach them in first turn, move flat out
    3) rifledreads are friggin mean
    4) i need to read the grey knights codex real bad

please let me know if there are anything good tactics to use against the Grey Knights
    Last edited by Wolf Brother Hellstrom; 07-17-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Chapter-Master

Pray. Grey Knights are practically custom-built for killing DE. Nightshields will help a little bit, but if you sit back and try and shoot you'll get hammered by psyrifle dreads, and if you move forward to either kill dreads or assault then you get hammered by psycannons and storm bolters. And most GK units can beat DE units in CC fairly handily, so yeah...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

thats not very helpful
    I think if i didnt split my forces i would have at least had a chance and i went with my original list of hellions and mandrakes. Im definately dropping the mandrakes they suck. and the hellions are ok but i believe a huge point sink like i said before. im going with my revised list from now on im going to post it soon

Chapter-Master

I don't know DE well enough to really offer advice on how to make a good list to beat GKs, but I can tell you what GKs are good at and that I've curb stomped every DE army I've played. I did play more shooty DE armies, though, and the ones that were a bit more CC oriented seemed to do better. I think a group of shooty support units with nightshields backing up fast assault units (aether sails, maybe) to try and get in assault is probably the way to go. Webway Portals might be an option, too, but I've never faced them so I don't really know.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123