BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Pro Tip: Resin + Car

Hot car = melted dudes.

Most people using resin probably already know this but for the firsties like me you don't want to learn the hard way.

Are you surprised? Hot car + almost anything = bad out come (usually).
    I mean come one... Hot car plus unattended child? How many times do you see this in the news?
    But then again, its a bit unreasonable to expect us to take our toy soldiers out and about in a stroller when we have errands to run on a game day. :O
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Do you have any pics?

Chaplain

I smoke....a lot.....last spring the liquor store I buy my Pall Malls at started giving away free lighters with every carton. By June I had probably 20 of them in the little console in my car. One fine day...it was about 85 degrees, I went to hop into my car. I noticed through the window all this colorful plastic all over my friggin seats. EVERY single lighter had popped it's top. I am still picking little bits of plastic up a year later lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Do you have any pics?
    No but basically its like a plant that hasn't been watered in weeks. Things that were once straight (impaler thing that succubus have in left hand) now are sadly bent and twisted.

To repair I will need to reheat most likely

Chaplain

hot water fixes that.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Librarian

So this is a true story.

When I was 14, we went on holiday to Clacton during a long, hot, English summer. We travelled in a converted van with all mod cons: fridge, cooker, etc... It was great. Wherever we pulled up, we could stop and have a cup of tea and a cool sandwich.

One day, we went to the beach for three hours. My father was worried about robbery, so he ket the windows closed.

We came back, opened the rear doors and got hit in the face by a blast of heat like a furnace; it literally felt like a punch it was so powerful. We could barely get into the van it was so hot.

That was when we saw it.

The fridge had melted.

I kid you not, the plastic venting round the back of the fridge had literally melted and run like wax. It was insane.

Hot cars melt stuff, kids

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    Hot car plus unattended child?
    Or hot car+unattended pet.

It's a gimme for most people (common sense, really). There are a few people who do have to learn the hard way, but them's the breaks. It's bad that it happened to you, but look at the bright side - it could have been me.

Chaplain

If you listen to some people around here, this is a clear sign that Finecast is badly made.

Not sure how leaving it in what amounts to an oven = badly made..
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Brother-Captain

Hot car + most anything = badness.

You wouldn't leave your iPhone or laptop in a car on a hot day (or heaven forbid, anything living, as has been mentioned previously)...it's just common sense.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast