BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

These Peoples liberation Army recruiting videos are very droll. To think we worried about the yellow peril for years.

I reckon a Corporal's Guard could probably wrap up a battalion of these clowns on their own.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Iron Father

Bahhh my biggest bugbear is the whole dressing up thing, if theres anything that gets gives our hobby the "nerd" tag its the fuc*ing costumes. Games day 2008 I will never forget the looks from the security staff at the NEC with the all the fanboys in the queue dressed as fu*k knows what. When your trying to explain to a mate that it REALLY is a cool hobby and lots of fun and not nerdy at all and then he says "what about the people dressing up ?" my argument crumbles.

You may think you look cool dressing up but leave it to the kids, you just look a tw*at.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

You haven't seen my Witch Elf costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Bahhh my biggest bugbear is the whole dressing up thing, if theres anything that gets gives our hobby the "nerd" tag its the fuc*ing costumes. Games day 2008 I will never forget the looks from the security staff at the NEC with the all the fanboys in the queue dressed as fu*k knows what. When your trying to explain to a mate that it REALLY is a cool hobby and lots of fun and not nerdy at all and then he says "what about the people dressing up ?" my argument crumbles.

You may think you look cool dressing up but leave it to the kids, you just look a tw*at.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I have no idea what to say although "ooh matron" in a Kenith williams voice comes to mind.

Anyway...

Detecting GW lawsuit in 5..4..3..
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Chaplain

That was cool! Well done China!
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chapter-Master

Pictures Ma'am, or it never happened...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Pictures Ma'am, or it never happened...
    Yes, we wantsss it, Eldargal!!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Adeptus Custodes

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    When your trying to explain to a mate that it REALLY is a cool hobby and lots of fun and not nerdy at all.
    May not be 100% accurate.
    More Necromunda please.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    May not be 100% accurate.
    Lol no maybe not

Iron Father

No I haven't and quite unlikely too However I have seen plenty of "outfits" in my time and they have managed to do the job without resorting to fanvoyism.

Im sorry but the WFB / 40K dressing up thing just piss*es me off in a BIG WAY. As you may be able to tell.

You know going back to the whole Games Day 2008 there was this overweight beardy guy dressed as a commissar and not only did he look a complete knob, he spent the whole day trying to be in character too. Walking around trying to give us "normals" stern looks. He got a swift fuc*k off from me and then security took his wooden chain sword off him.

Oh and if anyone wishes to paint their face green and scream WAAGGHHH in my face, be prepared.........just be prepared.

I will add the only dress up I could appreciate in at least its construction was the guy here who did the culexus assassin, that helmet was very good...and at least it hid his face
    Last edited by Deadlift; 06-18-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast