BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You haven't seen my Witch Elf costume.
    No offense, as I have nothing but respect for your posts, but any one referencing that they are a girl no less than three times per every post (one in name, one in picture, once in signature) on a forum dominated by men on the internet where gender means nothing doesn't exaclty inspire trust. Especially with comments like these that, as proven by the 3-4 posts already qouting it, seem to be catered toward garnering attention from the male-dominated board.

Bahhh my biggest bugbear is the whole dressing up thing, if theres anything that gets gives our hobby the "nerd" tag its the fuc*ing costumes. Games day 2008 I will never forget the looks from the security staff at the NEC with the all the fanboys in the queue dressed as fu*k knows what. When your trying to explain to a mate that it REALLY is a cool hobby and lots of fun and not nerdy at all and then he says "what about the people dressing up ?" my argument crumbles.
    I'm not sure I agree. I don't think there's anything really wrong with enjoying different aspects of the hobby and just having fun with it. Course, theres those that ruin everything; the fot slob dressed as a commisar, the whore-y chick dressed like a slaanesh icon, etc. But I'm sure for those that dress up just for the fun of it and use discretion, it can't be that bad?
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by C.of.N.finity View Post
    No offense, as I have nothing but respect for your posts, but any one referencing that they are a girl no less than three times per every post (one in name, one in picture, once in signature) on a forum dominated by men on the internet where gender means nothing doesn't exaclty inspire trust. Especially with comments like these that, as proven by the 5-6 posts already qouting it, seem to be catered toward garnering attention from the male-dominated board.
    Even if EG turned out to be a 30 stone trucker called Bob with a beard a grizzly would be proud of, he/she would still be far wittier than you.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Even if EG turned out to be a 30 stone trucker called Bob with a beard a grizzly would be proud of, he/she would still be far wittier than you.
    This wins my vote for post of the week.

so "Bob" how about those photos eh?
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    No need to get touchy, as I knew people would, and I wasn't trying to be witty or insulting, it just think it's common when people are so insistant that something is, it usually isn't. Besides, don't blame me, I didn't create her info nor am I the one making such comments on boards and by making such comments, leaving herself open to ridicule.

I apologize to you if I didn't see the implication of 'girl' three times, hear 'witch elf' then cream my pants like a 12 year old. Some of us have to keep our composure.
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You haven't seen my Witch Elf costume.
    Ok, I need to ask, any pics? Please post.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by C.of.N.finity View Post
    No need to get touchy, as I knew people would, and I wasn't trying to be witty or insulting, it just think it's common when people are so insistant that something is, it usually isn't. Besides, don't blame me, I didn't create her info nor am I the one making such comments on boards and by making such comments, leaves herself open to ridicule as well.

I apologize to you if I didn't see the implication of 'girl' three times, hear 'witch elf' then cream my pants like a 12 year old. Some of us have to keep our composure.
    Somehow i think you may have missed the point.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Somehow i think you may have missed the point.
    Which 'point'? The attack on me for something I had nothing to do with? Was it that I'm not witty when I wasn't trying to be witty? Or was it the hypocrisy that in order to insult my wit he used none of his own, maybe it was a joke? Could you be more specific as to which of the awesome 'points' of logic I missed.

How I wish I had enough friends on forums to insult people and not get in trouble for it.

All I did was simply state the obvious, with no insult intended, that someone that insists they are female three times in every single post might be trying too hard, a point which garners more merit when attention grasping comments are made based on that.
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 03:58 PM.

To which you seem to be the only one commenting, most of us seem to not to be bothered (or dare I say appreciate) by her posts which are usually quite informative.

How I wish I had enough friends on forums to insult people and not get in trouble for it.
    Maybe not friends, but like-minded people. Tho I'm not sure my post count is high enough to provide gravitas and thus dodge all the frak.

And what wit are we talking about? What the hell would come off as 'wit' in here? Last I checked, wit was a particule of intelligence? Collecting 65K + of eldar (which would amount to a nice retirement fund, if you think about it) does seems to me a far as you can get from intellectual brilliance.

But between the Witch Elf costume comment, and the 'whats the point of being a women if it doesn't bounce when you jog' (which, honestly, isn't necessarily a good thing), EG comes off as an annoyance. How low does you self-esteem must be to try and garner attention on a WARGAMING FORUM?!?!?!?

... And I don't actually think she's not a girl, I just think she needs to realize how little we frakking care about her female parts.

Chapter-Master

Serious hat on now. I think there may be a transatlantic differential here. Our cousins in the states may not be used to women being so forward or giving out banter about their lady parts or flirting much.

Or maybe I have this wrong maybe it is a gamer thing - so passive that a lady who is so confident and actually feminine if her picture is genuine - that her doing so is the interent equivalent of her invading your personal space - you are not used to this and finding it threatening, you attack it.

If EG is exactly what she claims to be then she is quite a rarity in my experience. I have no reason to doubt it and her posts and span of knowledge seem to back it up.

Finity you are clearly a giver not a taker. Even if you had no intent to be insulting, you acknowledged 'you knew people would be touchy' You posted for a reaction which is what you claim she does. As soon as you got some back you try and make out like your an injured party. If you think EG is trying too hard and trying to win internetz points by displaying herself in some fashion or other, why point it out unless you are trying to win some yourself?

Kovnik the wit we are talking about is of course, humour. Try this, may help you understand English better.

[URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wit"]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wit[/URL]

About everything in your post seems to me to be as far from intellectual brilliance as possible because it runs off several assumptions - the only thing you posit that is true is you correctly assess your post count doesn't lend you any gravitas - far from it if you think EG has low self esteem why are you pointing this out to her - are you some sort of psycho that likes to make low people lower or are you just inconsiderate?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast