BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Amazing. Really inspiring as to what you can achieve in this fandom hobbyness. Some freinds took me to comicon in the uk last year, and i would have sucked if it wasnt for the amazing cosplay people there- it really made the event something spectacular and memorable. There was even stands providing funding for people to attend events as cosplay peoples.

Also I believe she is singing a somg called Jillian by Within Temptation- symphonic metal so very bold in your face gothic style- not unlike WH 40k. The band seems to have done quite well in the east (well, China and Japan)

The original song with lyrics is here; [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZT8vjx047Q[/url]

cosplay is serious business for those who are into it

Finity you are clearly a giver not a taker. Even if you had no intent to be insulting, you acknowledged 'you knew people would be touchy' You posted for a reaction which is what you claim she does.
    I didn't post for any reaction, just assumed there would be one. And what I gvie was constructive critisizm, you gave a halfbaked insult that your now trying to pull back on becuase it makes you look exactly as it should. I, unfortunatly, lack the amount of friends on these forums that you have to say what exactly that is.

For the record, I didn't intend to start a flame war nor am I starting one now; I have been on these forums long before I started posting and find most of what eldergal posts to be insightful, well thought out, great rumors or notices when they become available, etc. This is why I said, and meant, that I had no disrespect but by making such comments has left herself open to the critique that perhaps the fact she was born with a vag doesn't need to be mentioned three times in every post.

cosplay is serious business for those who are into it
    Isn't that the problem really, maybe those people that take it too seriously? Which would you consider the greater danger to cosplay (assuming that it's not dangerous doing it at all), taking it too seriously or not serious enough?
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C.of.N.finity View Post
    And what I gvie was constructive critisizm,
    I see where the problem lies now, your comment was not constructive criticism at all, just plain criticism.

if her sig and avatar are a problem for you, don't look at them. As for her post, it fit in with the discussion and was quite funny.

Isn't that the problem really, maybe those people that take it too seriously? Which would you consider the greater danger to cosplay (assuming that it's not dangerous doing it at all), taking it too seriously or not serious enough?
    life is a problem as far to many people take it to seriously however people do what they do if it offends you don't look.
    Last edited by Verilance; 06-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    I see where the problem lies now, your comment was not constructive criticism at all, just plain criticism.

if her sig and avatar are a problem for you, don't look at them.
    I see. I intend to relieve myself on your chest later. If you have a problem with it, just don't look at it, ok?

it fit in with the discussion and was quite funny
    No, quite frankly, it wasn't funny at all. There was no humor there, nor was there any laughter. It was a comment meant to draw sexual attention on a forum dominated by men, and as proof, the replies weren't filled with "lols, U so Funny!" but "pictures pictures pictures". I mean, this is getting dragged on further than it needs to be. The critique had merit, stop defending the boobies and move on.

Quite frankly in every aspect of life there are those who take it too seriously. Just let them take it seriously, if you dont mock them, they might get a bit more security in it, and then be able to make jokes about it themselves
    Ya know though, it's not so bad. I mean, worst case scenario, we laugh at them - best case scenario we marvel at the amount of detial they put into it and the 'air' by which they hold themselves to pull it off. There are way many worse things these people can be doing with their time and money...course, the same could be said about people that play with plastic toys...*curses*
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Chaplain

Isn't that the problem really, maybe those people that take it too seriously? Which would you consider the greater danger to cosplay (assumging that it's not dangerous doing it at all), taking it too seriously or not serious enough?
    Yeah, your probably right, but this is a geeky hobby. The term 'nerd-rage' exists for a reason. Dont bait us, we cant take it.

Quite frankly in every aspect of life there are those who take it too seriously. Just let them take it seriously, if you dont mock them, they might get a bit more security in it, and then be able to make jokes about it themselves

Chapter-Master

I didn't post for any reaction, just assumed there would be one. And what I gvie was constructive critisizm, you gave a halfbaked insult that your now trying to pull back on becuase it makes you look exactly as it should. I, unfortunatly, lack the amount of friends on these forums that you have to say what exactly that is.

For the record, I didn't intend to start a flame war nor am I starting one now; I have been on these forums long before I started posting and find most of what eldergal posts to be insightful, well thought out, great rumors or notices when they become available, etc. This is why I said, and meant, that I had no disrespect but making such comments has left herself open to the critique that perhaps the fact she was born with a vag doesn't need to be mentioned three times in every post.
    You may think that she has done so. You may think anything, and that is clearly your right as a sentient being. But its a well known cliche that opinions are like bumholes. We've all got one and they all taste of poo. But you expressed yours to be critical of someone. You have added what you continue to add since you did us all the great favour and stopped lurking and started posting. Nothing.

I am not trying to backtrack from anything. I don't particularly care how I look to anyone on here - we are both in discussing this on this thread wallowing somehwere near the bottom of socieatal norms. So it matters not a jot if I am being an intuhnet hardman or whatever.

I feel able to give 'half baked insults' You feel able to give critique of Eldargal. Neither of these is particularly impressive on the evolutionary scale. A slight and subtle difference is you were just being petty and nitpicking - I spoke up in defence of EG. Round our way men like boobs. I wish there was more people like EG in the community. Even men trying to pose as women from her niche in society.

I'm a half baked insulter if you like. Thats better in my book than being a nitpicker biatchy little critic. And if EG wants to draw attention to her gender (I don't think she does beyond what is socially amusing or acceptable) let her.

At least boobs and vag are useful. Unlike you.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    You may think that she has done so. You may think anything, and that is clearly your right as a sentient being. But its a well known cliche that opinions are like bumholes. We've all got one and they all taste of poo. But you expressed yours to be critical of someone. You have added what you continue to add since you did us all the great favour and stopped lurking and started posting. Nothing.

I am not trying to backtrack from anything. I don't particularly care how I look to anyone on here - we are both in discussing this on this thread wallowing somehwere near the bottom of socieatal norms. So it matters not a jot if I am being an intuhnet hardman or whatever.

I feel able to give 'half baked insults' You feel able to give critique of Eldargal. Neither of these is particularly impressive on the evolutionary scale. A slight and subtle difference is you were just being petty and nitpicking - I spoke up in defence of EG. Round our way men like boobs. I wish there was more people like EG in the community. Even men trying to pose as women from her niche in society.

I'm a half baked insulter if you like. Thats better in my book than being a nitpicker biatchy little critic. And if EG wants to draw attention to her gender (I don't think she does beyond what is socially amusing or acceptable) let her.

At least boobs and vag are useful. Unlike you.
    Your ability to say so much yet, at the same time, so little is astounding. Find another victim troll, this ones over it.

Chaplain

I think this has spiraled waaay out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post
    I think this has spiraled waaay out of control.
    Don't let go of the wheel yet, I have faith in this forum to forgive some minor derailing and put this thread back on track.

I would like to ask, in your opinion, where is the line at in terms of wither cosplay is actually appropriate at a convention or not?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast