BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Privateer Press Doing It Right

[url]http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/two-player-battle-box/warmachine-two-player-battle-box[/url]

I suppose it was just a matter of time--but starter sets are now available! Not just battle boxes--but a starter box meant to get you into the game: 2 armies, 1 small rulebook, dice and a ruler.

The starter shown gives you:

Khador starter box (Sorscha, Juggernaut & Destroyer) but adds a full unit of 5 Man-o-War shocktroopers.

Protectorate starter box (Kreoss, Crusader, Repenter, & Vanquisher) and a full unit of 5 Cinerators.

Best yet, for all you metal haters: It's all plastic.

$99.99 price per the PP website, or probably $75.00 at your preferred online retailer of choice.

Edit: The starter sets come out to (I believe) 20 points each. So more than a mangled metal 15 point game, but less than the 35pt standard most people seem to play.
    Last edited by scadugenga; 06-18-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Librarian

That seems like one hell of a deal, being that their listing it as 99.00 and yet there is around 200.00(USD) bucks worth of stuff in it.

if only I liked the game this would be a wonderful deal but alas there is no appeal for me.

Chaplain

Wait, $99.99? It's actually more expensive than GW and has 66% less models. Whaaat?!
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

No it's not, GW just had a price rise on their starter sets, by 10%. Which pushes the MSRP up to $99 as well.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by faolan View Post
    No it's not, GW just had a price rise on their starter sets, by 10%. Which pushes the MSRP up to $99 as well.
    GW's starter set is $99. PP's starter set is $99.99. That means it's more expensive by 99˘.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Expense wise, it's about the same, but actual points value in relativity to size of games, PP wins hands down.

Space Hulk was 100USD, had twice as many models and required no additional purchases to play, so on a relative basis GW is still cheaper.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Space Hulk is a boardgame.

This is a tabletop wargame.

You want to compare boardgames?

Grind is Privateer Press' boardgame. It's currently $25.00.

Sorry eldargal, you lose on this one.

Eldargirl's normally pretty smart, I reckon she's just trolling us

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast