BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Personally I find it ironic that he's trying to lecture a Sisters player on netdecks and unused models. She plays an entire army of seldom used units.

Liking units is sometimes about more than just using them. Sometimes people would rather not use them because they like them so much. Very disheartening when your favorite unit gets mowed down in droves. Besides, saying that a unit is suddenly effective when it isn't fighting a netdeck list can imply a lot of things, the best of which is only being good in certain situations which apparently netdeck lists prohibit from getting into. The other being exactly what Lockark said.

Also I don't know why everyone always tries to play the "ignore" card on Melissia. I mean no one ever does. I rather like Melissia's posts, and her blog that she forgot about. I'm just waiting for her to have enough of the disingenuous assertions and click the left mouse button. Or maybe she already did.

And this topic just led me to pick an avatar pic, so kudos for the inspiration.
    Last edited by Lancel; 06-22-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    and her blog that she forgot about.
    To be fair, that IS the name of the blog. "A blog I probably won't update"
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Personally I find it ironic that he's trying to lecture a Sisters player on netdecks and unused models. She plays an entire army of seldom used units.

Liking units is sometimes about more than just using them. Sometimes people would rather not use them because they like them so much. Very disheartening when your favorite unit gets mowed down in droves. Besides, saying that a unit is suddenly effective when it isn't fighting a netdeck list can imply a lot of things, the best of which is only being good in certain situations which apparently netdeck lists prohibit from getting into. The other being exactly what Lockark said.

Also I don't know why everyone always tries to play the "ignore" card on Melissia. I mean no one ever does. I rather like Melissia's posts, and her blog that she forgot about. I'm just waiting for her to have enough of the disingenuous assertions and click the left mouse button. Or maybe she already did.

And this topic just led me to pick an avatar pic, so kudos for the inspiration.
    Ok that avatar looks familiar, where did it come from? would probably make a good SM Chapter icon too.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    To be fair, that IS the name of the blog. "A blog I probably won't update"
    True, it is. No one has any room to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Ok that avatar looks familiar, where did it come from? would probably make a good SM Chapter icon too.
    It probably would, but it's probably going on the sleeves of my Celestian Squad in some variation to help distinguish them from basic Sisters. Paragon symbol from Mass Effect 2.

Librarian

Paragon symbol from Mass Effect 2.
    Ah thats it I knew i had seen it somewhere, not played ME2 for a while. May go back to it before ME3 comes out.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Ah thats it I knew i had seen it somewhere, not played ME2 for a while. May go back to it before ME3 comes out.
    I'm marathoning all three when ME3 comes out.

so.... as a guard player these changes mean this for me...

1: Everything must now be in vehicles
    2: All vehicles should have extra armor
    3: this is about to get very boring

god i hope this is a bunch of crap

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    So you saying fun list are handicaps...yeah thats ok....for someone who play competitive only.
    But I still dont get why you cant play competitive with fun list...Its some kind of rule?? Having fun list make you play to lose?....nah...
    Fun is subjective.

I find it fun to create the best and most competitive lists I can.

Some people say a fun list is using what ever units they like.

Different strokes for diffrent folks and all that.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    those three units are some of the least used models in the game.
    Really? I regularly see Trygons, Tervigons, Carinfexes and Wraithlords on the table. C'tan not so much, but largely because there's not many necron players in my group. One of them always uses a C'tan though.

Chaplain

Agreed i hanve't seen a single necron player in a few years around where i am, depressing actually. Me, i'm the only SoB player actually too. Though i don't know what else more GW could do in 6th ed.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast