BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Hang on fella. Have you come on first post and written off 2 other posters as fools?
    And what the **** dose Post count as to do with anything? Well rude of him to call them fools, he did clarify how the rumors were explaining how the new wound allocation works for thows having a hard time wrapping their heads around it.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-24-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

The funny thing is about these rumors is that they could all be directly from GW as a test to see how players would react to a variety of rules changes.

They guy says in the same sentence almost that GW has completely lock down on rumors, and suggests GW may 'allow slip' rumors on purpose, then he goes on to say 'ok, here are some rumors'.

I could just see the writers feverishly going over internet posts checking all the comments and criticisms of possible rules changes to make sure they're not overlooking some huge flaw in their actual new changes.

But of course the most common reaction is knee jerk nerd rage....

I like a lot of the concepts, but without trying some of them out on the table, I can't really say how good or bad some of them are...the changes are that dynamic...which isn't necessarily a bad thing...I could see these changes, or similar strains getting numerous local gamers who have given up on 40K for one reason or anotherto give it another go...myself included...

Battle-Brother

Welcome Back 2nd. edition with some of the changes from 3rd---5th.

Brother-Captain

Taken individually, I like most of these ideas. If you put them all together, it seems like it would complicated and slow down the game too much. It seems like they are making an effort to tighten up the rules system, though, which is nice.

I really like the reserve system, with flank guard, rear guard, harrying units, etc. The emphasis on squad leaders is flavorful and fun. You would need some pretty in-depth codex errata to make this playable with the current crop of codices, though.

Wink ;)

Check out unit types in the CGK.... notice anything different?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    And what the **** dose Post count as to do with anything? Well rude of him to call them fools, he did clarify how the rumors were explaining how the new wound allocation works for thows having a hard time wrapping their heads around it.
    Socially it is far worse to chuck out insults on first meeting people than it is once you know them and think they may appreciate your humour.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Socially it is far worse to chuck out insults on first meeting people than it is once you know them and think they may appreciate your humour.
    When ever I see people start talking about post counts, all I see if the proverbial E-Penis being measured. Post count dose not give you merit, and him calling people fools is no more wrong or right then someone with more posts saying saying the same thing.

=/

But back on topic. Many of these rules seem to make Dark Eldar and Nids alot stronger then they currently are, and and tone back some of the sillyness of the Space Wolf and Grey Knight books.

I also want to point out the change to the Rage USR in this. You no longer need to move towards the closest enemy unit. You just always need to move towards a enemy unit. With then the changes to fleet being you can move three times your movement and assault? Yah. Death company are AWSOME.

If these are a hoax, it's a very well put together one.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

all I see if the proverbial E-Penis being measured.
    (Lxd+(W/G)/(<axaxt)

or

((LxG)/<as)/(M/W) ?

Quote Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
    The funny thing is about these rumors is that they could all be directly from GW as a test to see how players would react to a variety of rules changes.

They guy says in the same sentence almost that GW has completely lock down on rumors, and suggests GW may 'allow slip' rumors on purpose, then he goes on to say 'ok, here are some rumors'.

I could just see the writers feverishly going over internet posts checking all the comments and criticisms of possible rules changes to make sure they're not overlooking some huge flaw in their actual new changes.
    Why do I have the feeling this is how Games Workshop "tests" their codicies and rules now?

They even admited themselves they only have a very small select group of people who play test upcoming codicies and rules, so now that GW has a stranglehold on everything, I am sure it is them who releases the "rumors" to gauge how people will react to them without proper playing.

Well maybe it's not the case, but sure does explain alot on why there is so much confusion with GW written work.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast