BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    But back on topic. Many of these rules seem to make Dark Eldar and Nids alot stronger then they currently are, and and tone back some of the sillyness of the Space Wolf and Grey Knight books.
    How would this make the Tyranids better? I am not much of a player, so as a Nid player, how can I expect the Nids to be better?
    If these are a hoax, it's a very well put together one.
    I agree, it is a well put together one. Thing is I don't get is abit of the terminology just doesn't match what GW have said in 3rd to 5th edtion. Have some of the terminology used, was it in 2nd edtion per chance?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    How would this make the Tyranids better? I am not much of a player, so as a Nid player, how can I expect the Nids to be better?
    I can tell you the icebergs I have found hidden within it:

allowing assoult after deesprike + very punishing scatter = fair
    allowing assoult after deepstrike for a melee monster that has a spezial rule to be immune to allmost all incidents and can even get assoult grenades trough a cheap stratagem = brutal (Trygon)

allowing for every 5th wound to be assigned by the offensive player (his pick) + basically killing wound allocation shenanigans = rending is very powerfull (just pick the rends to allocate and kill those important searges/people with a worse invul). a good heavy venom cannon (small s9 blast) has an acceptable chance to snipe a charackter from a unit (do 5 wounds, force the HQ to take one save and risk beeing blasted)

shooting after assoult: killing transports with melee units suddenly is very deadly to the squads within (kill it with say a carnifex and then use your bioplasm plasmacannon onto the squad which is tightly packed together and/or shoot them up with some devourers).

brutal pinning (you have to save on your halfed value or you cannot shoot!) + army wide fearless + one of the best pinning weapons in the game (biowhores/spores) = very effective supression fire

infiltrators beeing subject to harder nightfight unless they move + genestealers = suddenly very hard to shift death swarm ~18" away from your guys)

some of the stratagems + nids = totall pwnage (nightfight for the WHOLE game, assoult grenades for ALL units, one usr for some squads).

runestaff-esque blocking for every psyker (with a cheap stratagem also on 4+) + zoantropes, broodlords and tyrants = suddenly tyranids and eldar are the hardest to hurt with psychic powers due to the shadow AND blocking.

earning victory points over the course of the game (and a force many objectives a shooty army cannot sit on all of them) also means that with as many fast/infiltrating units as nids you can easily gain map dominance early and "sit it out" if you controll say 2/3 objectives.

forcing troops out of their boxes to score also increases your long range anti-personal firepower's influence further (really looking at allmost a full set of 9 biovores here)

@up
    Its too beautiful to be true.
    But hey, if nid players start againg running big bugs im more than happy, my poison guns are ready.

BTW, if gw will put so many new thing in 6ed....they better have faq ready for each army....cuz ther will be flames running free if they not clear things fast.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    shooting after assoult: killing transports with melee units suddenly is very deadly to the squads within (kill it with say a carnifex and then use your bioplasm plasmacannon onto the squad which is tightly packed together and/or shoot them up with some devourers).
    I believe somewhere in there it says that if you kill a transport, you consolidate into combat with the guys inside, which may prevent shooting. Sucks to be in the transport either way, though.

brutal pinning (you have to save on your halfed value or you cannot shoot!) + army wide fearless + one of the best pinning weapons in the game (biowhores/spores) = very effective supression fire
    Grey Knights will suck at this. Horribly. GKs have poor leadership, and no fearless anymore. Since you only have a handful of units, failing a single leadership test can severely hurt your army, unlike normal Marines or other low leadership armies like Guard.

earning victory points over the course of the game (and a force many objectives a shooty army cannot sit on all of them) also means that with as many fast/infiltrating units as nids you can easily gain map dominance early and "sit it out" if you controll say 2/3 objectives.
    Grey Knights will be awesome at this. I've seen some tournament missions where this sort of scoring unfairly advantages certain armies over others, though, so we'll have to see how this works out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Soooooo is it just me or are they making Chimeras HARDER to kill? If you read the damage table you get -1 against tanks if your not AP1. So that means, even if I penetrate one of bloody things I now only have a 1/6 chance of taking it out instead of a 1/3 chance. So for a small potential increase to hit, we get a massive decrease to the chance of destroying it. That's the one rule that kind of made me go "WTF" since the thing most people complain about now is the cheap transport spam.... Unless I am missing something.

ALso I don't get the assault before shooting thing. Is it just me or do a ton of weapons become "WTF" options. I'm thinking mostly of pure CC units that can take an added assault weapon as an upgrade. Mostly template weapons like Liquifier guns. Those options seem to be completely useless now and makes me wonder if there aren't more rules we'll be seeing to fill in some holes.

The more I think about it, liquifier guns would become a wasted entry really. They already have 2 weapons and if they can't shoot on the way in when would they ever get used............ IDK...........

Other than that I like alot of the changes. Quite nice.

but since movement effects your ability to hit, it means you stun the chimera one turn, and then almost autohit it the next turn...

Plus even though the chimera might be harder to pop with one shot, you can't park models inside and shoot from across the table, since all range from using firepoints is lowered to 12"...so even though the models inside get relentless, they have to get close to be useful...

Sit still, and get autohit...can't shoot farther than 12" inside the transport...being stunned hurts more since then not only do you not get to fire or move, you are hit on a 2+ by everyone then next turn from shooting...

If the current staff running GW had a brain in their head they would reinstate the Outriders and send them into stores and get real feedback. This so called group of play testers they have are more than likely all Brits (not picking on them) but they are too freak'n nice when they play. If GW wants to test rules and future codicies then come over here to the US and let us rip through the experimental stuff. God knows we can churn out some cheese in a matter of minutes.

As for these rumors I can't see how these rules are supposed to streamline the over all game. I played 2nd ED, combine it with Dark Mellinium and holy crap it was half a day to get through a game. GW is bringing back stuff from 2nd ED and trying to revamp the rules with a so called new twist in their minds. I have to agree with alot of folks. Some of the stuff is OK or cool while at the same time they might as well have FAQ city out there on day 1 or all new codicies. As it stands there it way too much crap to track. If any of you played 2nd ED you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Well, I saw a few things. So I'm just going to bullet point them. As a nid player here are a few things I saw that your army should be able to realy take advantage of in general.

-Blast weapons now hit veciles with full strenth at all times.

-The new BS to hit chart means it's easy for nids to hit tanks.
    -Skirmishers no longer get a cover save for going flatout.

-After assault a non weapon skill vecile you always get a 3" consolidate move regardless if you destroyed it or not.
    -The new Movement and Fleet rules means Nids get in CC faster then ever.

-Beasts have a base move of 8" instead of 6"

-Mind Slave seems to suggest it's a USR nids will be given threw erreta.

-The new "Braceing" rules that help make MC's more survivable, since you can give them two saves.

-"Charge by chance" is going to help out greatly for killing transports in CC. It means when assaulting transports if the unit jumping out end up with-in 1" of you, you are now locked in CC with said unit. (This is huge, since it means no more killing transports in CC, only to be rapid fired/charged/ect by the enemy next turn. You can be locked in CC were you do best. It is now viable to kill transports in CC, you are not forced to have to kill them in the shooting to get at the guys inside.)

-Veclies are more likely to wreak then explode, so your guys will not die horrible if you do CC tanks to death. A plus for when doing the above.

-Nid players can spend 4 Stratagem points to give all their units assault grenades.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-24-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

If this is 6th edition, then i'm not play in tournaments any more. Me and my friends will stick with 5th and hope that 7th isn't to far away. Honestly I think this will kill the game. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out which chart to use and what modifiers are in place and who gets a cover save. basically i say screw 6th if this is they way things are going.

The guy who posted all of the 6th ed rumoers so far had some more information.

- models that have charged already locked unit have I 10 this turn
    - Assume leadership: Standard bearers, etc. that assume leadership count as squad leader in all respects (two saves, directed wounds), any other model that assumes leadership only in regard of performing unit actions
    - if you deploy in 24” distance from enemy you cannot shoot with 24” weapon or assault with 24” movement
    - models must always consolidate out of 1” of vehicle after attacking it, if locked in combat with another unit, vehicles are ignored for pile in moves after combat, must use this pile in move to bring 1” between unit an vehicle, artillery and walkers are obviously exceptions
    - swarms have Eternal Warrior (1)
    - Seize the initiative: same name, but completely different rule: stratagem, 1 str. point, after the deployment of both force, but before placing infiltrators, roll a D6, on 5+, enemy must place infiltrators in contact with his own table edge, no scout moves allowed
    - whole unit or squadron must make the same reaction
    - Pistols: got confused by what I though were two contradicting short statements; units with pistols can attack with pistol’s S, AP1,2,3 pistols confer Rending (2) (Rending on 5+), Gets Hot! wounds count against combat resolution,
    on charge: can make full attacks
    in any other turn: can make single attack, does not get bonus of second ccw, etc.
    - if both player agree, the charge movement and pile in move before combat can be made as one move with combined movement distance after the first model was engaged to fasten things up
    - Characters: shooting wounds are directed, too
    - Advanced rules: evasion value (normal rules: always use short distance), all reactions, Torrent of Fire, Directed wounds, damage chart modifiers for AP, flyer mode, ramming, Stratagems: bidding stays intact but only re-rolls can be taken, unique units, measuring*
    * normal rules: can measure anytime you want, advanced: movement: measure full movement distance you want to go, i.e. 6” for a advancing, can’t measure 12” surge distance, anything else: measure distance to target
    you play either all advanced rules or none at all
    - Hit & Run: still random: 3D6” consolidation move
    - Morale checks for casualties: only in enemy’s shooting phase
    - witchblade can now cause ID after psychic test like force weapons
    - there is a small box for rare movement situations: if infantry unit moves as jump infantry (or any other unit type has movement rules of another unit type), it uses the jump infantry movement rules, but for shooting and close combat it counts as original unit type, so it is still easy to hit, if an unit moves flat out and there is no column in the to hit chart, take the moving column, exotic movements count as ‘moving’ even if faster than flat out move, deep striking units count as ‘moving’ , if units that are immobile arrives from reserves but not via deep strike, they are placed in contact with table edge normally and remain there for the rest of the game, we shall assume the the bunker has decloaked or something similar, units disembarking from deep striking vehicles use the disembarking rules for charging, so no charge unless fleet rule
    - Master-crafted: re-roll one to hit roll, if several models attack with master-crafted weapons of the same type, roll the dice together, then re-roll as many dice as there are master-crafted weapons
    - if you shoot through interfering models, you cannot snipe

running out out steam because I don’t get the errata info and I have reached even the tiny details of the rules
    but I have one big thing left:
    - monstrous creatures: 2D6 versus vehicles, ignore armour, move as infantry unless stated otherwise, are ignored for Abandon as ICs, IGNORE TERRAIN WHEN CHARGING
    [url]http://bloodofkittens.com/network/groups/grey-knight-rumors/[/url]

The thing about thier being advanced and not advanced 40k is kinda odd. O.o Like. REALY odd. The part about Normal, Advance, and Narrative has made me go from optimistic/interested, to uneasy. Pre-measuring in "normal" also has me concerned. Well I like 5th ed, some times it can feel like your playing it on auto-piolet. I was excite by some of the rumors that steam-lined the rules, but also the ones the sounded like they would atop the auto-pilot feeling.

Pre-Measuring is very meh for me.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-25-2011 at 12:34 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast