BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    AX you always make me twitch in the direction of my flamer...
    Would you have it any other way ?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

@AX
    Well....Im impresed, but still dont see them as race to play.

Im gona hold my thumbs for kroot mercs
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Would you have it any other way ?
    I just wish I was sure you hadn't implanted something like the eel from Ceti Alpha 5 in my head...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    @AX
    Well....Im impresed, but still dont see them as race to play.

Im gona hold my thumbs for kroot mercs
    well, folk like myself would play them

if you mean in the context of them having a WHOLE codex and range? then id agree, but my thoughts are more in the context of them being part of a Hrud codex which I'd assume would be the focus anyway. I still think they'd work fine as a sub-faction you have to take a special character to play though - Like for example how Corteaz allows Inquisition, Belial allows DeathWing or that one fella allows Hellions ect - one of the more niche sub-armies within a codex instead.And going by current trends - each codex seems to allow 3-5 different "themed" armies - so I don't see a problem in Umbra being one of those, it would get all the lovecraft fanboys like me spending bucketloads of cash on GW - and while we are smaller in number, we are pretty hardcore, which may make it feasable.

I think an all-kroot army should be playable too - so I agree on that point. Theres plenty out there that love Kroot, and of course they had a list in the past too - I don't think they should go the special-character route however, but instead have a generic HQ (like Haemonculous) that allows Kroot armies (Master Shaper maybe?).
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I think an all-kroot army should be playable too - so I agree on that point. Theres plenty out there that love Kroot, and of course they had a list in the past too - I don't think they should go the special-character route however, but instead have a generic HQ (like Haemonculous) that allows Kroot armies (Master Shaper maybe?).
    A kroot army would be very nice, and obviuosly has existed in the past.

However remember...there currently is no codex yet you can build a full army different to the main one...

GK come close with henchmen armies, but still need GK heavy support

DE come close with Hemonculi cults, but still rely on Kabalite Transports, Fast Attack and long range AT

Can I also say...Goatboys comments on the front page...I actually agree with him for once!?
    Last edited by DrLove42; 06-27-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RogueGarou View Post
    Speaking of changing things, Han shot first. Not second. Not at the same time. First. BEFORE Greedo even thought about drawing down, Han cut him down. Adding those lines here do as much good as insulting people here on the forums or complaining about something GW may or may not do in the coming year. Anyway, have fun with the games. Later, folks.
    Did I miss something? How does Han shooting first have anything to do with this?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by N.I.B. View Post
    Big thing? What's the difference from now? MC's already have most of that stuff.
    MC's already have move through cover, so they roll 3d6 for charging through terrain - pretty likely to bring up a 5 or 6.
    You need to read that in combination with the other rules he posted.

Thier is no longer any random movement in the game. You have a base movement and you can move x1, x2, or x3 your movement. (Doing so means thier are certine actions the unit can't take after doing so.

If you have fleet you can do that x3 movement and assault after.

For the Trygon you can move 18" and assault. O____O

You can also assault off deep strikes now, so combined with it's safe scatter rules it's pretty epic.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

So reading over the new 6th ed rumors and found something interesting to me.
    Transport:
    Fire point: can fire if vehicle has advanced or surged, but only 12” regardless of weapon type, embarked troops are relentless
    Relentless: always count as stationary for firing weapons
    So what I am reading here is if you have a heavy weapon and are loaded into a Rhino then you can move 12" in the Rhino and fire said heavy weapon....

I am a Grey Knights player so for me this means 8 psycannon shots and extreme mobility or Chimera with Jokero loaded up and they can move 12" and shoot with Lascannons .... this is painful sounding .... I love it:-P

Overwatch Baby, Yeah!
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    So reading over the new 6th ed rumors and found something interesting to me.

So what I am reading here is if you have a heavy weapon and are loaded into a Rhino then you can move 12" in the Rhino and fire said heavy weapon....

I am a Grey Knights player so for me this means 8 psycannon shots and extreme mobility or Chimera with Jokero loaded up and they can move 12" and shoot with Lascannons .... this is painful sounding .... I love it:-P
    You can do that, sure, but the lascannons will only be able to shoot 12" themselves, remember.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast