BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    You can do that, sure, but the lascannons will only be able to shoot 12" themselves, remember.
    Pwn by 4 splintercannons on truborns.....24 poison shoots in 24"(for 165 in venom[with aditional 12 shoots of his own]) .....oww yeah!
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Did I miss something? How does Han shooting first have anything to do with this?
    Referencing changes and how they suck, since were on the subject of change in 6th. We can still appreciate Star Wars though, even though Han DID shoot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    You need to read that in combination with the other rules he posted.

Thier is no longer any random movement in the game. You have a base movement and you can move x1, x2, or x3 your movement. (Doing so means thier are certine actions the unit can't take after doing so.

If you have fleet you can do that x3 movement and assault after.

For the Trygon you can move 18" and assault. O____O

You can also assault off deep strikes now, so combined with it's safe scatter rules it's pretty epic.
    Geeze, that would be pretty epic for an assault army. Shooting armies wouldn't be able to do jack against 18" move and assault. 24" Rapid Fire weapons will never even get a shot off, except maybe with Overwatch, or if the enemy moved into 24" so next turn they can assault to get off a few shots.

Brother-Captain

Keep in mind that there is no 6" assault move in these rumors, so that 18" move is basically the same as what we have now for beasts and cavalry (6" move plus 12" assault) or jump packs (12" move plus 6" assault). For fleeting infantry, it's a change from a 6" + d6" +6" threat range to a straight 18", except you can't fleet-assault through cover. If anything, it will slow those assault units down because it's pretty easy to hide behind cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    You can do that, sure, but the lascannons will only be able to shoot 12" themselves, remember.
    hmm I may have missed that where did it say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    Referencing changes and how they suck, since were on the subject of change in 6th. We can still appreciate Star Wars though, even though Han DID shoot first.

Geeze, that would be pretty epic for an assault army. Shooting armies wouldn't be able to do jack against 18" move and assault. 24" Rapid Fire weapons will never even get a shot off, except maybe with Overwatch, or if the enemy moved into 24" so next turn they can assault to get off a few shots.
    Remember. You can't assault after a 18" move unless you have fleet remember.

Also remember according to the same rumors Calvary/Bikes/Jump infantry/ect all have a base move of 8" now.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post

Remember. You can't assault after a 18" move unless you have fleet remember.

Also remember according to the same rumors Calvary/Bikes/Jump infantry/ect all have a base move of 8" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Keep in mind that there is no 6" assault move in these rumors, so that 18" move is basically the same as what we have now for beasts and cavalry (6" move plus 12" assault) or jump packs (12" move plus 6" assault). For fleeting infantry, it's a change from a 6" + d6" +6" threat range to a straight 18", except you can't fleet-assault through cover. If anything, it will slow those assault units down because it's pretty easy to hide behind cover.
    In all honesty I still think food based assault armies are in general going to be faster in general despite that. With no more random movement in terriean and random movement for run? I know I will be looking foreword to it for orks.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

These rumors look good, I like them. Anything that moves it to a more tactical game (tactical basically in this context means " more opportunities to be tactical ") is a good move in my opinion, a nod to GWs more dedicated players, not the new kids who buy their space marines and drop out in 6 months, tops.

I like how my IG all infantry looks slightly more playable. I like the strategem for getting overwatch on an objective; say, combined squad or veterans? Returning fire is great since it lets you do a double payload JUST in case you failed to wipe them out.

Can a Flyer contest an objective? I'm loving already how my Valks can simply hover high up and rain death from the skies like the bosses they are.

But yeah. Impressed with the move to more complexity, just hoping it doesn't get too time consuming; perhaps I'll alter my army composition if certain units slow down play.

Chapter-Master

Chances are a flier cannot contest and objective, nor can a transport plane carrying troops hold it. However if you put it inot Hover mode, in current 40k apoc rules it becomes a skimmer, not a flier, and therefore can contest/hold, but is easier to hit

Also I ond't like this "no fleet assault into terrain" thing. Hope its either not true, or is cancelled by the effects of grenades
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    hmm I may have missed that where did it say that?
    It was right in the rule you quoted.

"Transport:
    Fire point: can fire if vehicle has advanced or surged, but only 12” regardless of weapon type, embarked troops are relentless "

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Chances are a flier cannot contest and objective, nor can a transport plane carrying troops hold it. However if you put it inot Hover mode, in current 40k apoc rules it becomes a skimmer, not a flier, and therefore can contest/hold, but is easier to hit

Also I ond't like this "no fleet assault into terrain" thing. Hope its either not true, or is cancelled by the effects of grenades
    I see; I suppose you mean " normal to hit compared to the harder to hit when in flyer mode " rather than " They're easier to hit than other tanks/skimmers that couldn't go into flyer mode ".

Either way, I think the prievous expansions such as Apocalypse were probably a good way for them to guage wether people liked certain rules. IIRC, apocalyptic strategems had the same scale of effect for the game size as the rumored strategems; I.e. re-rolls on some rolls, scouting ability, etc. In fact, there was a 5+ cover save for veichles in Apocalypse.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast