BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Chapter-Master

Problem there is the strategems in Apoc are not even close to being balenced. To the point most gaming groups have re-written or banned some of them

An asset like Flank March is not equivilent to the 5+ cover save on turn 1
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

This could be the misstep that kills the game and causes everybody to go back to playing 5th...epic OOPS!
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

I would like to see more solid statements before going off half cocked. I would also like o release all the codex's before going to a new edition see eldar tao and necrons are still running on very old codex. or if they are not going to do that maybe they need to think about reducing the number of faction in the game so they can get all the codex out with in an edition.

Quote Originally Posted by celldwellwer View Post
    I would like to see more solid statements before going off half cocked. I would also like o release all the codex's before going to a new edition see eldar tao and necrons are still running on very old codex. or if they are not going to do that maybe they need to think about reducing the number of faction in the game so they can get all the codex out with in an edition.
    You will notice in GW's design cycle codexs released in one edition but with the next core edition coming out, are more or less written with the next edition in mind.

According to these rumoers Tyrnids, Blood Angles, Dark Eldar, and Grey Knights were all written with 6th ed in mind. (Witch if you read threw the rumors some of the stranger choices in thows books make alot more scene.)
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    You will notice in GW's design cycle codexs released in one edition but with the next core edition coming out, are more or less written with the next edition in mind.

According to these rumoers Tyrnids, Blood Angles, Dark Eldar, and Grey Knights were all written with 6th ed in mind. (Witch if you read threw the rumors some of the stranger choices in thows books make alot more scene.)
    Perhaps, but that still leaves lots of codexes that haven't even gotten a 5th edition treatment yet. I wish that they would do something to get the whole game at the same edition at once, then keep it at that edition until they are ready to release the next one, and THEN update the codexes.

Quote Originally Posted by warpcrafter View Post
    Perhaps, but that still leaves lots of codexes that haven't even gotten a 5th edition treatment yet. I wish that they would do something to get the whole game at the same edition at once, then keep it at that edition until they are ready to release the next one, and THEN update the codexes.
    Well excludeing Flavors of Loyalist mariens you have: Necrons(3rd), Tau(4th), CSM(4.5), and C.W. Eldar(4.5).

I don't realy consider that "alot".

Chapter-Master

Well excludeing Flavors of Loyalist mariens you have: Necrons(3rd), Tau(4th), CSM(4.5), and C.W. Eldar(4.5).

I don't realy consider that "alot".
    And Sisters...just cos they get done later this month doesn't mean they're out yet...or happy with a WD release

I would consider that a lot cos that over a years releases thanks to GW's release timescales. And like they'd go a whole year without doing a marine spin off or 2....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    And Sisters...just cos they get done later this month doesn't mean they're out yet...or happy with a WD release

I would consider that a lot cos that over a years releases thanks to GW's release timescales. And like they'd go a whole year without doing a marine spin off or 2....
    A white dwarf update is still a update, and it still means thier getting a update before 6th ed comes out. I also don't see how sisters "don't count" since they are not getting their update until next mouth. Thier still confirmed as getting a update before 6th comes out, not matter how you want to slice it.

If the fans are "happy" about it dosen't matter, case in point the Current CSM codex.

Also at this point in devlopement I would rather they not bother updating my codex untill after 6th ed, or be given the "Ork treatment". (Witch was a true 5th ed codex, released in 4th in preperation for 5th.)
    Last edited by Lockark; 07-11-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Chaplain

I hope the Black Templars get an updated codex before 6th edition. Or at least shortly thereafter. I've shelved my army indefinitely. It irks me that they have but 3 special characters and Helbrecht's stats aren't even comparable to a Space Marine chapter master's stats.

Abbess Sanctorum

A white dwarf update is still a update
    By that reasoning, every army is updated because the PDF FAQs all got updated too.

No. It's not a real codex, so I don't give a ****.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast