BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Random game length is stupid. You can talk about planning contingencies and stuff all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that the end of the game comes down to a random dice roll rather than player skill. I've been screwed over too many times in games that I would and should have won that I don't buy the "oh, you should just plan ahead better" crap.
    In my experience if the game has been realy close, it's the random game lenght that end up decideing who wins. It dosen't bother me to much since I like a close game, but it dose kinda suck.
    =/
    Last edited by Lockark; 08-08-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Randomness is a good thing....if you dont like it there are chess for you, no randomnes at all, straight rules no diffrent range, every thing is same.
    Id won cuz of random lenght, and I lost cuz of it, no big deal.....losers gona moan about it, men(women included:P) simply dont care.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    Randomness is a good thing....if you dont like it there are chess for you, no randomnes at all, straight rules no diffrent range, every thing is same.
    Id won cuz of random lenght, and I lost cuz of it, no big deal.....losers gona moan about it, men(women included:P) simply dont care.
    What I meant with my post more was. The only time random game length isn't a factor is when I completely crush my opponent, or I was completely crushed.

Random Turn length doesn't bother me, since if the game was close enought that it was the deciding factor, I usely enjoy it despite winning or losing. I never feel "cheated" out of a win by it, but I still acknowledge that it's a mechanic that I will not miss if they got rid of. (The reasons have already been said clearly from others, so I will not repeat my self.)
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

Some randomness can be a good thing. Not in this case. We already have tons and tons of randomness every single turn when we use dice for just about everything.

Or should we start employing randomness in objective as well? Every turn roll a dice. On a 4+, your scoring unit claims that objective, but on a 1-3 it tripped and fell and you don't get the objective. And for each killpoint you earn, roll a dice. On a 1-2 it doesn't count.

In case you can't interpret internet voice, that was sarcasm.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 08-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Or should we start employing randomness in objective as well? Every turn roll a dice. On a 4+, your scoring unit claims that objective, but on a 1-3 it tripped and fell and you don't get the objective. And for each killpoint you earn, roll a dice. On a 1-2 it doesn't count.
    What a great idea!
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Battle-Brother

Has the 6th ed rumor mill phizzed out?

Has anyone heard anything else?

Librarian

Random game length is stupid. You can talk about planning contingencies and stuff all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that the end of the game comes down to a random dice roll rather than player skill. I've been screwed over too many times in games that I would and should have won that I don't buy the "oh, you should just plan ahead better" crap.
    You can not buy it as much as you want, but it's clearly the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyC View Post
    Has the 6th ed rumor mill phizzed out?

Has anyone heard anything else?
    Amazingly the rumours have fizzled as soon as they appeared. Then again, with the tight rumour leaks now, it would make sense only one or two people might have some rumours and that is all that would be able to be said, so that could be why so few rumours are out there right now.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Captain

What else would there be to leak, exactly?

Barring minor changes, assuming the rumours are correct, we can basically combine the rumoured changes with the 5th edition rulebook and we would -have- the 6th edition rulebook.

There's...not a lot else to say at that point, is there?

as others have said, a set game length would be much better. why? it would add a fair bit of tactical flavour to the game. There's been so many times where i've set up a killbox to finish off the last remaining threat in order to make a run for the objective for a win. Then the dice is rolled and all of a sudden game over and I lost.

But, with a set length, I can actually play a much different game than I do already. If it takes six turns for the game to end, I can position a strike team somewhere near an objective, let the opponent sieze it, kill off the squad that's holding it and then run in to claim.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 10-04-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast