BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Chapter-Master

VPs can be gamed just like killpoints. I remember figuring out little things in 4th ed on how to make it just that more difficult for my opponent to collect VPs.

Keep in mind that, while lots of weak units are at a disadvantage with scoring, MSU (multiple small unit) armies have a solid mathmatical advantage when it comes to shooting damage output and durability. Take a Driagowing army with 4-5 units vs a Razorback spam list, and while those 4-5 Paladin units will probably each kill a Razorback easily, they can only target a handful per turn, and they waste a lot more firepower doing it. The Razorspam list can then put one lascannon at a time into the Driago list, with much more efficiency of firepower.

To balance out the fact that MSU armies have a distinct firepower advantage, we have Killpoints. Running MSU means that you risk giving your opponent an easy(er) victory in one of the three mission types.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I think the reason most people still complain about KP is that they do not make an all comers list army for ALL 3 scenarios but only 2 out of 3 scenarios that don't involve KP. That is what KP is for. To make you choose not to take so many scoring uints and keep your army smaller just in case you play KP missions.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

Exclamation

Yeah, you play for only 2/3 of the missions, you'll pay in the other one.

And ultimately, things like Tau drones are an awkward something left over from 4th ed. If Tau get a new codex there will be something to smooth out the issue of having a ton of easy killpoints from stuff like drones. Assuming 6th ed keeps killpoints in some fashion.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Never used kill points. Units don't have the same value for some reason. perhaps would you even consider the option to play a game without using points to balance?, Imagine just saying "five units against five units. One HQ allowed, doesn't matter the values" Would be crazy, but that's exactly what we do when the game finishes, we reduce everything to number of units.

I don't know if this is relevant or been mentioned already but in France, every GW store has been given a SM Army that they will be dedicated to. They have to make an army dedicated banner and display for a showcase at the next Games Day. Now this is around the end of May (unless I am mistaken) which would coincide with the release of 6th Ed for the Summer 2012...

Is this happening elsewhere?

I'm pleased to say that Lyon will be dedicated to The Lion, cheesy? Maybe...

The only thing against this theory is that as far as I am aware GD France has never had anything new or unexpected on show from GW...

Quote Originally Posted by musical-fool View Post
    I don't know if this is relevant or been mentioned already but in France, every GW store has been given a SM Army that they will be dedicated to. They have to make an army dedicated banner and display for a showcase at the next Games Day. Now this is around the end of May (unless I am mistaken) which would coincide with the release of 6th Ed for the Summer 2012...

Is this happening elsewhere?

I'm pleased to say that Lyon will be dedicated to The Lion, cheesy? Maybe...

The only thing against this theory is that as far as I am aware GD France has never had anything new or unexpected on show from GW...
    Don't have a local GW store, so not sure what they are up to.

Had to laugh about the The Lion comment. Funny why pick an amry that nobody is supposedly playing? LOL (according to the rumour on what Phil Kelly said why DA is not being done at the momenet).
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Don't have a local GW store, so not sure what they are up to.

Had to laugh about the The Lion comment. Funny why pick an amry that nobody is supposedly playing? LOL (according to the rumour on what Phil Kelly said why DA is not being done at the momenet).
    I still think that DA have one of the more interesting Fluff lines out of the SM (this is obviously subjective) and the choice was undoubtedly a commercial one for Games Day France 2012.

Librarian

Well, let´s wait, sometimes the rumours tend more to be wishlists than reality
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728