BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th ed rumors

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    The thing is "cover" is a pretty broad area of "saves". It mostly encompasses stuff getting the way of the bullets yes.

But is also cover targets being hard to hit, because they're hidden, or too small.
    In the case of Ork Nob bikers it covers being hard to see because of all the smoke
    In Jetbikes its because you are moving too fast.

The idea of taking one cover "save" and therefore automatically passing the rest is ridiculous. I could cuase 40 wounds on 1 guy alone, and just cos he passes one save hes not damaged by the rest? That would be some gamebreaking its unreal.

As for Initiative tests for dodging bullets, that'd be great for the Eldar's of the world with Initiatives rarely below 4, and commonly higher, but for Orks and other things they'd just be screwed
    I agree thats stupid.
    But rest of Xas post is intresting....sound idea.

I dont like "dumbed down" 5Ed soo any change for me is good. Thing Im concerned most is how they handle assault guns if they rly change turn sequence.
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    You mean some of the least used models in the game?
    It must suck to play games against players who use nothing but the netdeck lists.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    It must suck to play games against players who use nothing but the netdeck lists.
    Touche'.

Man, there's nothing quite as fun as a horde IG army....

2 Starter sets? Not one box with 2 armies As much as a Dark Angel set appeals to me but how are they going to judge which will be the more popular? These situations, like when iMacs came in many colours guarantee there'll be plenty of Sage green left on the shelf when Ruby Red and Indigo are flying out the door.

Of course splitting the box means they can charge the same price for half the content. So much for those web stories about the GW guys buying two boxes and splitting the opposing figures between them for twice the fun...

I'm quite worried... A lot of these new rules look like they'll start to overcomplicate matters. I'm not sure I like getting rid of the randomness aspect though... I for one always liked that extra challenge of having to prepare around not knowing whether one player could snatch victory at the last second!
    The "consolidate" phase sounds like a handy addition to make things a bit smoother. It's about time flyers were brought in properly.

And I'm very very pleased about the new BS rules, though I was hoping for distance to be factored in (why oh why does a marine have a 50/50 chance of hitting something when it's a foot away and a 50/50 chance when it's 48 yards away) it always bothered me how evasiveness had no part in 40k... But maybe that's just because I'm an embittered Eldar/Dark Eldar/Nid player. It always seemed evasiveness was covered under "cover saves" which is a different thing entirely. I can't help but feel this is going to make DE a LOT less fragile.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    What, you mean because people don't take very specific units their lists are "netdeck"?

How snobby.

Shove it.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

What, you mean because people don't take very specific units their lists are "netdeck"?

How snobby.

Shove it.
    "Big Tyranid Bugs" is hardly specific.

Librarian

How snobby.

Shove it.
    When your list mirrors a netdeck, you're netdecking. When your list doesn't mirror a netdeck, you're not netdecking. It's not about being snobby, it's about being right.

But anyway, back on topic.

I do think a lot of this is going to fall through. Bidding for first turn, the BS chart... all that's going to fall through, and I think victory points are going to take a back seat, a thing you can include or not depending on the casualness of the game. The more you have to keep track of, the more opportunities there are for people to break the game, cheat, and otherwise be a complete bag.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    When your list mirrors a netdeck, you're netdecking. When your list doesn't mirror a netdeck, you're not netdecking. It's not about being snobby, it's about being right.
    Except it's not right, it's just stupid. The dude insinuated that people who didn't use c'tan or wraithlords were all "netdeck" lists which is incredibly douchey.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

What is "netdecking"? I never herd of this before.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast