BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default You may want to quit after seeing this.

I am a de player, but last night got a good look at the grey knights codex. I noticed coteaz lets me take henchmen as troop. I also noticed weaponsmiths.

1500:

HQ:

Coteaz

Inquisitor with 3 servo skull and plasma pistol for cool model.

Troop:

5 weaponsmith
    -chimera (heavy bolter, multilaser)

5 weaponsmith

5 weaponsmith

5 weaponsmith

5 weaponsmith

4 weaponsmith

So there is 29 lascannon / multimelta / heavy flamers for you to play with each turn, all mounted, all scoring.

I would probably refuse to play this army but I would love to play this against mech guard to give them a taste of what playing against god mode is like.

Enjoy c: Let the space monkey domination begin.

problems are:

if you move you can only shoot the flamers
    if you dont move, you will be charged by cc armies and wiped out

i could see drop pods popping the chimera with meltas, surviviing a round of las/melta fire, and then charging the monkies in hand to hand. also daemon armies with invulnerable saves. necron hordes with rez orbs to wbb the cannon/mm shots.

IG ordinance lists hiding in cover and launching barrages down on your chimeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    problems are:

if you move you can only shoot the flamers
    if you dont move, you will be charged by cc armies and wiped out

i could see drop pods popping the chimera with meltas, surviviing a round of las/melta fire, and then charging the monkies in hand to hand. also daemon armies with invulnerable saves. necron hordes with rez orbs to wbb the cannon/mm shots.

IG ordinance lists hiding in cover and launching barrages down on your chimeras.
    Let us be clear, each squad can choose which weapon they would like to fire that turn from the following:

Lascannon, Multimelta, Heavy flamer.

Deepstrike within 12 of coteaz and your drop pod will be emptied. Servo skulls make sure nobody is deepstriking near the others.

If anything comes close enough to charge I do have 29 heavy flamers. 29 Heavy flamers.

Sit back? I shoot 29 lascannons, 6 multilaser, 6 heavy bolter at u.

Rush me with vehicles? 29 multimelta

Rush me with infantry? 29 heavy flamer + coteaz hammasmash!

Assuming BS4 on the apes, you need 72 lascannons to down one falcon with holofields going flat out. Thats 3 turns of your entire army's shooting to bring down a single one.

It also takes 27 BS4 lascannons to bring down a single land raider, without a cover save.

Your list is shooty, yes, but in an objective game, or against a good opponent, it will fold.
    Last edited by Xenith; 06-20-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Assuming BS4 on the apes, you need 72 lascannons to down one falcon with holofields going flat out. Thats 3 turns of your entire army's shooting to bring down a single one.

It also takes 27 BS4 lascannons to bring down a single land raider, without a cover save.

Your list is shooty, yes, but in an objective game, or against a good opponent, it will fold.
    Not even going to comment on problems with antitank. They are only bs 3 so it would be 36ish to take down a land raider in the open. Barely more than one turn of shooting.

What would the issue be in objective games? Everything is mounted in av 12 and can easily clear infantry with heavy flamers. 6 chimeras with heavy bolter / multilaser can grind down infantry from 36.

coteaz unit gets 5 shots at my drop pod that is within 12 inches of him right? assuming you wreck the drop pod, I now have possibly 10 stern guard with combi meltas and a cover save to deal with his chimera.

not to mention the drop pods that land 13 inches away with multi melta dreadnoughts that he cannot shoot down.

im sure the monkey list might work if you turtle in the corner of your board, but chances are, it wont.

3 monoliths lobbing their str 9 ordinance at you grouped up, ignoring your multlasers, laughing at your multimeltas, and fearing only you rolling double sixes on your lascannons, while my horde of necon warriors glance you to death (remember, if your vehicle is shaken, your monkeys cant shoot unless they get out...and if they get out, they cant shoot heavy weapons...)

3 monoliths at 1500? what happens when all 3 are crippled from the first turn or when the 20 warriors get lit up by 29 lascannon 6 multilaser 6 heavy bolter for a few turns?

What happens when the podding squad meets the 5 other chimeras full of heavy flamers? Or the dread meets the other 5 chimeras full of multimelta?

Chaplain

Eh, forget it, original rant not worth it.
    Last edited by BrokenWing; 06-20-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Whyches, Bloodbrides and Incubi in raiders come assault your little monek ***! And you are little pieces of Anne Robinsons hair.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Oh my gosh, you're the first person ever in the history of the new codex to notice Coteaz and henchmen/monkey spam! It's totally broken and no one can ever ever beat it for ever because you have a bunch of lascannons! Congrats, you win 40k!
    Haha pretty much sums this up.

Feels good man

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast