BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by w7west View Post
    I am a de player...
    I have to assume you are in fact a very bad DE player or plain lieing with that statement.
    Any DE player worth the air they breath would realize how easy it is to stun/shaken a grand total of 6 vehicle that have to sit totally still and fire directly (and therefore be deployed from start where they intend to sit for the rest of the game).

I evaluate your imba-broke-***-list would have a 0% chance of winning against mech-de and only a 75% chance of killing any model to begin with if said DE list was used by a good player (did I say that stunlocking 6 vehicles is laughably easy yet?).

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th View Post
    FAQ states he directs shooting at the Drop pod and the people inside (cant remember if this is a second roung of shooting, or just part of a single round)
    yes I know, that is why i said the 10 sternguard would be in cover (from the wrecked drop pod assuming he wrecked/destroyed it)

cactusman, how would a scouted land raider with smoke moving forward make it impossible to harm either? im guessing the cover save for the LR and chimeras? 50/50 shot on the save, so not completely "near impossible"

also putting corteaz in the LR means a drop pod army would destroy you as he cannot shoot them down from inside a Land Raider can he?

I also am a DE player and I think my DE army would spank this list if there is cover of any kind on the field. Heck even a scout heavy space wolf list would wreck havoc in monkeys line at least long enough till their big brothers get there.

Its a good stratgey but i wouldnt shape the whole list on it. you need more supporting cast

Librarian

Demonus, Coteaz is in a CLOSE COMBAT squad. I couldn't give less of a damn whether or not he could shoot at a deep striking land raider.

It's not like this list is hyper competetive after my changes, but the one featured is pretty similar to one a friend of mine runs, it works quite well. Land Raiders are very tough to crack even with the right tools, adding in a cover save to everything involved is hardly a poor tactical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You don't have the firepower to outshoot your opponent
    29 lascannons outshoots 2k missile wolves. Easily outshoots 1500 guard and tau.

you don't have the mobility to pick your fights
    Everything is mounted in armor 12 transports. I pick the best weapon for any kind of fight.

and you don't have the durability to outlast your opponent.
    One armor 12 vehicle per 250 points, we have different definitions of durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    I have to assume you are in fact a very bad DE player or plain lieing with that statement.
    Any DE player worth the air they breath would realize how easy it is to stun/shaken a grand total of 6 vehicle that have to sit totally still and fire directly (and therefore be deployed from start where they intend to sit for the rest of the game).

I evaluate your imba-broke-***-list would have a 0% chance of winning against mech-de and only a 75% chance of killing any model to begin with if said DE list was used by a good player (did I say that stunlocking 6 vehicles is laughably easy yet?).
    What? You are going to stun 6 vehicles from max range at 1500? I guess my codex was missing some pages.

What I see as more likely would be one or two chimeras being stunned, and every other one successfully exploding a raider.

Chapter-Master

29 lascannons outshoots 2k missile wolves. Easily outshoots 1500 guard and tau.
    No. No it doesn't. Well, maybe Tau because lascannons are pretty good against Crisis Suits, but you won't magically beat Guard or Wolves.

Since your army is completely immobile, it will be easy for your opponent to get cover for at least the first few turns. With a 4+ on everything (including smoke on vehicles), 29 BS3 lascannons kills about 2 Rhinos a turn, or about 1.5 Chimera a turn. You'll get a few more damage results out of your multi-lasers, but then your opponent is free to retaliate. It'll take you two to three turns to kill just his transports, using all of your firepower.

And if you focus on his dudes (most of which are probably hidden in transports so you have to waste a turn or two on them first), you're only killing 6 guys a turn, plus a few more from multi-lasers. Any opponent who has any decent ranged firepower (Grey Knights, anyone?) will tear open your vehicles just as quickly as you can hurt them. But as soon as you start losing models, your list just falls apart. If an opponent can open two chimera, all he has to do is kill 10 guardsmen. That's a third of your list gone, and most tournament lists should be able to reliably do that first turn, even if they have to weather a round of your shooting first. And if they get to go first, you won't even get that much. For you, it only goes downhill from there.

And God help you if your opponent has a Land Raider. By the time it gets close enough for your multi-meltas to hurt it, you're screwed. And you'll lose the firefight if you're facing Leman Russes. Or Necrons, for that matter.

Everything is mounted in armor 12 transports.
    Immobile transports with a side armor of 10. Remember, if the vehicle moves, the passengers count as moving. Even pivoting the Chimera will prevent you from shooting any multi-meltas or lascannons.

I pick the best weapon for any kind of fight.
    No, you don't. You can't, because you don't have the best weapon for any kind of fight.

You might have a decent selection of weapons, but what you lack is significant. Jokaero do not have access to any guns that provide mobile, long range firepower. Every time you move a chimera, you lose a significant proportion of your firepower.

One armor 12 vehicle per 250 points, we have different definitions of durable.
    6 Chimeras are not tough, nor are 30 guys with 5+ armor. If your opponent doesn't have the durability to either weather your mediocre shooting or the firepower to open a couple Chimera from a distance in the first turn or two, then he doesn't deserve to win.

6 Rhinos filled with Marines is tough. Guard equivalents are not tough.

Once again, you have mediocre firepower, mediocre durability, and horrible mobility. On top of that you have no CC ability whatsoever. The only two "good" things about your list is that it is redundant and most everything scores. And I guess you can kill horde orks really well, too. But there are a lot of things that are effectively hard counters to your list that you can't consider it top tier, let alone broken in any way.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

i'd like to point out that even against horde orks the lootas will break 3 chimeras turn 1 and that from there its pretty well gameoversville.

You should umm go check the Grey Knight FAQ, Jokero are a joke if you take more then a couple in a squad.

Aslo BS 3 models not twin linked one shot.... not worth it you will miss with over 50% of the shots.

Chapter-Master

Immobile transports with a side armor of 10. Remember, if the vehicle moves, the passengers count as moving. Even pivoting the Chimera will prevent you from shooting any multi-meltas or lascannons.
    Pivoting does not count as moving.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast