BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

If your chimeras explode you'll easily lose half the squad, also. Then your most likely running or pinned.

Veteran-Sergeant

I think the topic title sums it up nicely.

You should read the FAQ/read the ape entry again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Pivoting does not count as moving.
    I believe for the purposes of passengers it does. That is why you cant pivot a Wave Serpent so the Banshees can come out the back ramp, and have them assault.

Chapter-Master

No, I recalled incorrectly. Just checked the rulebook, and passangers count as moving when the vehicle does, so pivoting in place is ok.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

May i just point out a tiny...over looked factor. its all fine and dandy to say you have an unbreakable list but in truth its all down to the small six face lady, known to to many as die/dice. You’re gonna fire 29 cannons at me, fine roll for it. bs3 monkey...so if i have done my maths right, 12 will miss. so that’s 13 hits. Yes this will have an impact (dead tanks etc.), no questioning this but...this is if you have first turn and if your opponent is stupid enough not to cover hug.

oh and if you were fighting an ork horde player, so mobs of 30 per slot, even if you select h.bolters, they will get you. if they have grotsnik...have fun with the whaaaaagggh with inv saves . your army is cheesy and a prime example of people who just want to play to win not for fun but its not unbeatable.

just my two pence
    nos'

Chapter-Master

Jokaero don't get heavy bolters. They do get heavy flamers, but by the time the whole ork army reaches your line the ability to kill 30 orks in one shot is won't matter for much longer. You'll kill one or two mobs, then get swarmed by the rest.

If it can't beat horde orks, it's not a good list.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Jokaero don't get heavy bolters. They do get heavy flamers, but by the time the whole ork army reaches your line the ability to kill 30 orks in one shot is won't matter for much longer. You'll kill one or two mobs, then get swarmed by the rest.

If it can't beat horde orks, it's not a good list.
    exactly. agaisnt swarm armies you will be over run. so in answer to the title; like hell im gonna give up!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I believe for the purposes of passengers it does. That is why you cant pivot a Wave Serpent so the Banshees can come out the back ramp, and have them assault.
    I don't remember seeing anything that would prevent you from doing this.

It is just in most cases you do not want to do this because you now have your tank's rear armor and lack of wave serpent bonus protecting your transport.

In an competitive environment that constantly has to deal with heavy mech, razorwolf/baal spam and the like, I can't even begin to imagine what an army that can't kill 6 chimeras at range has in chances of winning. Just think, what happens if you don't go first? That alone should be half the time. Sorry, I hate to beat the dead horse but its better to know before buying all those monkeys. Although the idea for an army from the planet of the apes is a fun thought

Quote Originally Posted by dvs1 View Post
    In an competitive environment that constantly has to deal with heavy mech, razorwolf/baal spam and the like, I can't even begin to imagine what an army that can't kill 6 chimeras at range has in chances of winning. Just think, what happens if you don't go first? That alone should be half the time. Sorry, I hate to beat the dead horse but its better to know before buying all those monkeys. Although the idea for an army from the planet of the apes is a fun thought
    I would probably hide the jokero on foot behind a few chimera if I had to go second. Apparently all 6 of them are going to blow up on the first turn every game I play (1500 points). Once all 6 have been blown up the first turn I would attempt to shoot back with my weak 29 lascannons. Apparently that is just not enough anti tank for 1500 points as we all know I would be up against 9 land raiders.

You guys made good points on the horde armies too. Every army I play ofc will have 45 lootas (1500) and a few hundred boys (1500). Lascannons are no good here.. I probably would have no chance. If only there was some kind of gun that had a nice big template that didn't have to roll to hit that I could stack 5 times after moving in my bunker...... No you are right 5 stack heavy flamers x 6 is no good at all against orks (1500) so this army will lose every time.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast