BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    LOL The stupidity in this post is mind-boggling. I didn't know exactly 50/50 was less than or greater than 50/50.

Where do you teach math, professor?
    I'm pretty sure one of the forum rules is "don't be a douchebag". You might want to read up on that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I'm pretty sure one of the forum rules is "don't be a douchebag". You might want to read up on that.
    Hey DarkLink have I told you I want to have your internet babies yet today? Cause it is so going to happen :-P

Chapter-Master

Lol, I'd settle for someone finding me a job, though I may have that one covered soon
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

This whole thread seems more like performance art than argument. The list is incredibly mediocre and would crush baby seals and lose to any competant player with a well-designed, balanced list. I shudder to think what would happen to the monkeys if they did not manage to win the rolloff to go first. First turn would at least give them a fighting chance.

Chapter-Master

hmmm.

I am surprised a mod hasn't closed this.

Default DE

Im pretty sure I could table that list with just about any DE list no offense but this list has been posted before and just about everyone agrees it would fall apart rather quickly not mention cost a fortune to buy/build

The Poo Flinger (TPF) generally wants to go first, although in low point games (1500) its safe enough that if you have to go second (happens 1/3 of the time)you can set some of the monkeys on foot behind their chimera. All you need one or two squads playing heavy support each turn since you will rarely need to pop more than two vehicles a turn at this point level.

3-4 chimeras move up with heavy flamers, coteaz, and multi meltas.

The key to this army is keeping at least two offensive chimeras up. As long as two of your bunkers still have wheels you can quickly remove squads that get blown out of transports.

Just remember the durability of your army is tied directly to keeping your chimeras up. With this kind of firepower there is no need to be overly aggressive early game. Keep the armor 10 out of sight and the armor 12 in cover when you aren't flaming a squad off the table.

It's an objective based army. Much of it's strength comes from getting to the objective first, and throw your weight around with multimeltas and flamers.

The rest of it's strength comes from TPF's ability to be the army you need each turn as the game evolves. Maybe turn one you need to alpha strike armor. Maybe you need to clean up someone castling objectives. Maybe you got to the objectives first and need to stop advancing assault transports. In addition to everything else, the chimeras add a nice layer of str 5/6 range to help deal with pesky infantry like lootas and long fangs until you can flame them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456