BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scout

Default Where'd the Advance orders go?

Today is the first day in years where i have gone onto the GW website and clicked the Advance Orders section for any of the game systems and not seen a single model. I know GW has officially changed their policy on releasing news and pics for upcoming releases but i literally have no reason to go their website now. I really think this new marketing strategy is a very poor decision.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

It's GW's new "were not going to tell you until a week before its released in order to build hype" business approach.....

its not quite that bad but thats the basic principle for GW advertising now.
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-20-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Scout

Who orders from GW anymore anyway? Get it 2nd hand or through a discounted site. **** Corporate Games Workshop

Chapter-Master

Yeah, real mature.

From a former teacher: Unions blow.

Chaplain

What's that I hear? The politics train?? OH LORD! Get off the tracks!

Side note: This policy, like some of the others people are flipping out about as if they are being put into camps, does not really change anything for me. I will miss the black boxes...but that's about it. I typically didn't know about future releases until a week or two ahead of time anyway.

Oh cool, I'm a Chaplain! I'm now fearless, have a 4+ invulnerable save and make people around me re-roll missed hits in close combat!
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Oh cool, I'm a Chaplain! I'm now fearless, have a 4+ invulnerable save and make people around me re-roll missed hits in close combat!
    Don't forget, you get your fancy energy powered Pimp Stick.

...I'd probably be shot for heresy for referring to a sacred chapter relic as a energy powered pimp stick, wouldn't I?

Chaplain

lol, how could I forget?

and...all signs point to yes.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

dammit, i want an energy fielded pimp stick..

Librarian

I'm shocked that this board has so many active posters really. It seems certain that almost everyone here knows how to run a business better then GW's management do so I can't seem to figure out why they're posting here instead of running their own multi-million pound publicly-listed corporation.

I'd buy stock in NerdRage Holdings Ltd, just so long as it's only e-stock and I never have to be forced to back up my investment with anything real or tangible.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Quote Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
    Who orders from GW anymore anyway? Get it 2nd hand or through a discounted site. **** Corporate Games Workshop
    Yeah, good one, mate. Let's all do that, watch GW run out of money and shut down, putting thousands out of work. Then let's move on to the next (inferior) game, start *****ing about costs and do the same. Let's do it to every game, and in a few years, no more games. Well done, we have killed our own hobby.

Say what you want about GW prices, but if people can't appreciate all the things they've done for his hobby, then they have no business playing miniature games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast