BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Oh look, another person attacking everyone who disagrees with them about finecast.
    Oh look, another person attacking everyone who disagrees with them about finecast.

Try this instead: Posting "I like pies! Here's how you make a really good one!" would be fine on its own, people may not agree but it wouldn't be flamebait. What he posted was essentially "I like pies, and anyone who doesn't like pies is only using hearsay and conjecture! Here's a way to make good pies.", which is blatant flamebait.
    If you had red the blog, you would have seen the comment were he acknowledges the miscasts, and calls them ''unnaceptable''. He also acknowledges that he HELD A MISCAST IN HIS OWN HANDS. Now how is that ''only'' conjectures??? His opinion was that it was ''PRIMARILY'' conjectures. THERE IS NOTHING DISMISSivE ABOUT THAT.

He puts it in light of the fact that on 10 finecast models he held in his hands, only one had such a problem, whereas the nature of internet communications might give us the impression that there is far more frequent problems with these.

and this is the net, every reactions are ''based primarily on hearsay and conjecture''... there's nothing wrong with calling the DOOM cycle for what it is. This is flamebait to you??? Well you just validated my opinion of you being an emotional trainwreck.

::removed by Duke:: tisk tisk!
    Last edited by Duke; 06-24-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Way beyond necessary

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Obama View Post
    If you had red the blog
    But I didn't, because the first paragraph put me off. Because he is a bad writer :P

Kinda like a book that gets put off because it starts slowly, but people argue it'll get better after. Sure, it might... but I'd still have to slog through the bad stuff too.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Kinda like a book that gets put off because it starts slowly, but people argue it'll get better after. Sure, it might... but I'd still have to slog through the bad stuff too.
    Yeah... but you know how dickish that guy looks when he then try to give an opinion on the same ground as those who have read the entire book? Like the guy who diss on Tolkien because he couldn't get past Bilbo's party?

Well, you're that dickish guy.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Obama View Post
    Yeah... but you know how dickish that guy looks when he then try to give an opinion on the same ground as those who have read the entire book? Like the guy who diss on Tolkien because he couldn't get past Bilbo's party?

Well, you're that dickish guy.
    No, I dissed the first paragraph where he was bashing everyone who disagreed with him.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

DID YOU READ THE !#@$!#@ First Paragraph at all?!?!?! I mean seriously?!

I state that the people that started dubbing it "Failcast" have done so mostly through hearsay and conjecture. THIS. IS. TRUE. When the term started being used, many of those people hadn't even worked with a model. Go check the forum threads if you must. I took part in the discussions! They were basing it on pictures. The article allows that the release DOES have shortcomings. I mention the problems they've been having. Then I present the thesis of the article: that based on MY EXPERIENCES I BELIEVE it to be a positive material for the hobby and that I'll explore what may lay in store for Finecast.

I sincerely don't know what opening paragraph you read. The only thing I take a shot at is the amount of creativity it takes to come up with "Failcast" from "Finecast."

I know how to write. I do it professionally. Take a stab at actually reading the content for once, and then *GASP* read the rest.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    DID YOU READ THE !#@$!#@ First Paragraph at all?!?!?! I mean seriously?!

I state that the people that started dubbing it "Failcast" have done so mostly through hearsay and conjecture. THIS. IS. TRUE. When the term started being used, many of those people hadn't even worked with a model. Go check the forum threads if you must. I took part in the discussions! They were basing it on pictures. The article allows that the release DOES have shortcomings. I mention the problems they've been having. Then I present the thesis of the article: that based on MY EXPERIENCES I BELIEVE it to be a positive material for the hobby and that I'll explore what may lay in store for Finecast.

I sincerely don't know what opening paragraph you read. The only thing I take a shot at is the amount of creativity it takes to come up with "Failcast" from "Finecast."

I know how to write. I do it professionally. Take a stab at actually reading the content for once, and then *GASP* read the rest.
    Dude, don't waste your breath. She reads what she wants to read. It's like the Grey Knight-Sister fluff piece all over again.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    But I didn't, because the first paragraph put me off. Because he is a bad writer :P

Actually just because you disagree with his points doesn't make him a bad writer, what makes a good writer, especially editorials, is eloquence, the ease of reading, and the ability to see things from various angles. Witt has done all of these things, and just because you couldn't read past the first paragraph doesn't make him a bad writer, it makes you a bad reader. You are making assumptions and opinions about the writer from ONE PARAGRAPH, are you frakking serious, that's the intellectual equivalent of calling global warming a hoax just because this winter was colder than last winter. -facepalm-

Wittdooley: I have read the article and I thought it was very well written, I mean your opinion about the whole thing is apparent, but you aren't bashing anyone like some people seem to think. It is eloquent, well written, concise, and overall an easy and informative read. I have since put you on my follow list, and hope to see many such articles in the future, always good reading your work.

I've just learned to ignore the SoB lunatic's rantings and ravings. Good article man, I know it's hard to look at Finecast fairly, especially seeing as how some models I have bought have needed doctoring up. I just wish they had better QA and picked through batches, while an impossible task, you'd think it would cut down on it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    My goodness, Melissia. Did you even read past the opening paragraph? That's the ONLY place I make any reference to other people, and quite frankly, I think it's fairly justified.

EDIT: And seriously, after re-reading the article, my slight comments are hardly inflammatory. I make a concerted effort in every article I write to be fair and offer up an objecting viewpoint. I do that here. Perhaps you should also troll the ESPN forums, where people there also have trouble discerning between an editorial (OPINION PIECE) and a news story.

You really need to get over yourself.
    LOL It's back, unfortunately, and it's already going at it?

Do what the rest of us did, and put it on ignore.

Other than it trolling you in this thread, I like your article very much. I don't think Finecrap is bad, over all, I think it is better than metal for GW's model line over all.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast