BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Conversion you say, well here we go!

My face sucks and needs to be redone, but here is the paint job

Iron Father

Talking

Well as I started the thread I suppose I should show my simple effort lol. With the release of the Sanguinary Guard I always thought Dante looked a bit over shadowed in the bling department. His weapon and backpack were just too ordinary. So a simple cut and stick job was in order. However I found with the position of his axe arm, the wings from the sanguinary JP just got in the way and needed a spacer. Then I thought "bingo" magnets can not only act as a spacer but also make it much easier to paint and pack him in my carry case.

Not quite as good as you guys with your conversions but its mine

just need to file and drill the barrel
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Deal.

So far this is what I've got convertion-wise (though I have shown them off before...)

This is GORGEOUS! Is that Crowe as the base model?

Chapter-Master

Cheers guys. Yes it is the Crowe model. All the non-Crowe bits are taken directly from the Techmarine model. Simples

And well done to everyone else. Really like Deadlift's Dante; nice update on the classic to bring it more inline with the current BA range. Can't wait to see it painted. Also a big fan of Brass Scorpions Skulltaker, though I'd have been tempted to give him some reigns.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Not mine, though I may copy it, one of my favourite Finecast conversions on [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305646"]Warseer[/URL].
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

how are you guys taking your photos. I want to send my photos in, but I cannot seem to get the miniature to resolve very well.

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    how are you guys taking your photos. I want to send my photos in, but I cannot seem to get the miniature to resolve very well.
    You need a macro lens or macro setting for shooting small objects with a camera. Read your manual for the camera if you have one and look for "macro photography". Don't use flash, it ruins the look of the models and the paint jobs, shoot with good light and a steady camera without flash. If you have big dead areas in your photos, crop them out before posting.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

Love the adding of the sword and purity seals to the terminator librarian, it looks really good

Veteran-Sergeant

Way to one up me elmir lol :-P I am not the god you clearly are with a paint brush sir :-P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast