BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shas'o

Default Play on another world!!!

So these 40k battles seem to take place on pretty much the same world and I think that is a little boring so you people should help me out with some rules for fighting on different worlds.

Fighting on a windy world!
    All skimmers at the end of the movement phase scatter D6 inches!

Poisnous plants!
    The Chigg'hi plant- The Chigg'hi plant is a bush that emits a cloud of spores that when inhailed cause EXTREME paranoia and fear. Any unit found within six inches of this plant at the begining of the movement phase take a moral test (NO MATTER WHAT RULE YOU HAVE) and if passed act normaly, but if failed they fall back 2D6 inches and Fearless units lose Fearless for the rest of that turn. Tanks and Monsterous creatures act normally.

The Zowanna Tree- The Zowanna Tree is a tall tree with long vines that reach out and grab whatever comes close enough. Any unit within 8 inches of the Zowanna tree take D3 strength 3, AP - hits. If the unit is on flying bases then the strength of the hit is 4. Tanks and skimmers take a difficult terrain test.

Dying planet
    A dying planet won't go quietly.
    Turn 1- The planet starts breaking apart
    Take difficult terrain test. skimmers are un affected.
    Turn 2- BIG SHIFT!
    Roll a D6 scatter for all terrain and take D6 strength 4 ap - hits on units in terrain.
    Turn 3- Crack
    Roll a scatter die in the middle of the table and which ever way the die points draw a line from the center to the table edge. Any unit the line passes through takes D3 Strength 10 AP - hits.
    Turn 4- Hot Lava!
    The world starts spitting out lava as the world breaks apart. Every tank that is not a skimmer must take a Strength 8 AP 1 Hit on it's front armour.
    Turn 5- The calm...
    The world get's earily quiet and the sky darkens. This turn is fought with the night fighting rules.
    Turn 6- BOOM!!!
    Everything dies.

So what do you think? Anyone have any ideas that they would like to share?
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chapter-Master

Turn 6 of dying planet seems a little silly....everyone dies...so no one is holding objectives and everyone gets all the other tmeas kill points...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    So these 40k battles seem to take place on pretty much the same world and I think that is a little boring so you people should help me out with some rules for fighting on different worlds.

Fighting on a windy world!
    All skimmers at the end of the movement phase scatter D6 inches!

Poisnous plants!
    The Chigg'hi plant- The Chigg'hi plant is a bush that emits a cloud of spores that when inhailed cause EXTREME paranoia and fear. Any unit found within six inches of this plant at the begining of the movement phase take a moral test (NO MATTER WHAT RULE YOU HAVE) and if passed act normaly, but if failed they fall back 2D6 inches and Fearless units lose Fearless for the rest of that turn. Tanks and Monsterous creatures act normally.

The Zowanna Tree- The Zowanna Tree is a tall tree with long vines that reach out and grab whatever comes close enough. Any unit within 8 inches of the Zowanna tree take D3 strength 3, AP - hits. If the unit is on flying bases then the strength of the hit is 4. Tanks and skimmers take a difficult terrain test.

Dying planet
    A dying planet won't go quietly.
    Turn 1- The planet starts breaking apart
    Take difficult terrain test. skimmers are un affected.
    Turn 2- BIG SHIFT!
    Roll a D6 scatter for all terrain and take D6 strength 4 ap - hits on units in terrain.
    Turn 3- Crack
    Roll a scatter die in the middle of the table and which ever way the die points draw a line from the center to the table edge. Any unit the line passes through takes D3 Strength 10 AP - hits.
    Turn 4- Hot Lava!
    The world starts spitting out lava as the world breaks apart. Every tank that is not a skimmer must take a Strength 8 AP 1 Hit on it's front armour.
    Turn 5- The calm...
    The world get's earily quiet and the sky darkens. This turn is fought with the night fighting rules.
    Turn 6- BOOM!!!
    Everything dies.

So what do you think? Anyone have any ideas that they would like to share?
    I think these are really cool ideas. If I recall correctly, I think GW put something similar to this for a Fenrisian world in a White Dwarf around the time the Space Wolves were released.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Turn 6 of dying planet seems a little silly....everyone dies...so no one is holding objectives and everyone gets all the other tmeas kill points...
    No. There is no turn 6, game over after Turn 5.

@ Wittdooley
    Yeah that's where I got the idea from.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

I'd have to say the process of the planet dying in a matter of 6 turns... silly. it should be one consistent rule that's applied throughout the game.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Hahaha. Dying Planet. Awesome. I'll have to write up some rules to contribute to this. Should be rather interesting. Especially if someone comes up with rules for a Catachan Devil. Lol.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    I'd have to say the process of the planet dying in a matter of 6 turns... silly. it should be one consistent rule that's applied throughout the game.
    Do you mean like rolling on a chart for an affect or just one constant rule like (just an example) all terrain is dangerous?

Brother-Captain

Sounds kind of fun, I like it when TO’s throw stuff like that in for tourneys.

On the planet one, I’d make something that allows units to escape the destruction via leaving the table – player with the most crap off wins!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

The plant could be made fun, instead of fleeing or losing fearless, instead when the unit has to shoot, they have to pass a morale test regardless of what or they have to shoot against the closest unit, friend or foe as they are overcome with paranoid dellusions that "they are out to get them."

Because nothing is more frustrating than having a unit run off the table you have no control over, other than random luck.

Shas'o

I thought of a few more.

The Moon or just a small planet
    Low Gravity- All infantry acts like jump troops but keep their same movement.

Daemon Worlds

Blood Planet- Leave the middle of the board open and make a circle around the center of the table with a radius of 9 inches. In the circle units get a 4+ cover save. In addition any unit inside the circle is immune to the effects of Psychic powers and units can not use Psychic powers in the circle.

Planet of Tzeentch- Each player begins the game with (I want to say 9, but whatever the sacred number of Tzeentch is) tokens that can be used through out the game to make a player re-roll one die, For ANYTHING, saves, to hits, reserves, etc.

@ Quaade
    YES! I like that a lot better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast