BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    My friend and usual opponent is somewhat of a 'chessplayer' as I remind him, loudly and vocally when he drags.
    you should use a "chess" clock then like they do in "chess" tournaments, if time runs out he losses no matter what is happening "ingame"

I hate chess but my son went to many tournaments growing up and as a diligent father I supported him

Brother-Sergeant

My gaming group and I are similar to folks here in that we all work. We also tend to have a bit of travel when we meet up, so being able to play efficiently enough to get a few games in is definitely best.

To that end, we've started doing a few things differently.

First and foremost, we try to have our lists and missions done ahead of time. It's a pretty small thing that alleviates a huge time sink.

Second, we've moved to playing at least some Killzone rather than standard 40K. [URL="http://www.thecodexproject.com/killzone/"]Killzone[/URL] games are small and fun and are usually done if 45 minutes or so.

When we play, we try to just keep things moving and help each other out. It seems to work.

For my own game, I can tell you that I play fairly quick. The reason for that is pretty simple, my first (and still my main army) consists largely of footslogging Orks. I do tournaments for fun, but not slowing games down is a big part of being a courteous player for me. At any rate, as a new player with a lot of models, I learned to play my horde quickly. I started with [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Playing_a_Horde_Quickly"]Redbeard's Article on Dakka Dakka[/URL] and practiced a lot. The article served as a pretty good primer and I got some feedback from my friend Nic (who plays his Chaos Cultists/Horde Guard) and worked on organizing my army for tournaments.

Anyway, the practice and such has paid off well. I've brought my horde to a few tourneys and I'm not slowing things down at all. In fact, I was one of the quickest folks at the last tourney and I was moving four and five times the number of models my opponents were moving. It was nice to see.

Most of the games in my circle are about 2000p and are over in less than 2 hours. From start to finish. Only time it drags over is the IG player who is .... just slow, so very very very slow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12