BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Col.Gravis' Hobby Thread

I'm Rob, aka Col.Gravis, 25 from the UK and I'm claiming this little bit of web cyber-estate for a hobby log.

I've been in the hobby since about '98, I started off with a little WFB, but quickly moved onto 40k, mostly because of my main hobby love, the Praetorian Imperial Guard, my army being what I'm probably best known for in places I frequent, for the past coule of years that has also been the focus of my project blog, much of my current army can be found there.

[url]http://colgravis.blogspot.com[/url]

My main project at the moment is a squad of Preatorian Ogryns, though as a commission piece rather then as something for myself, something I've not done before. These are the first two who bar their ripper guns are now pretty much finished as far as my part goes, they're based off Ogre Bulls with reasonably extensive green stuff work.

Last edited by Col.Gravis; 08-03-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Grand Provost Marshal

No way! Awesome!

Brother-Sergeant

Looking ace! Off to Col. Gravis's blog!

As usual very nice work, Col.

WOW that's some good GS work.

Very cool and very Rorke's Drift. Make one John Williams and give him a pick axe. I suppose an ogryn would not need a pick axe like the original John Williams did they could just use their fist lol. You could paint up some ratlings as natal skirmishers.

Battle-Brother

Good work col, aint really looked at these over on AB!

Veteran-Sergeant

Fantastic greenstuff work. What have you got planned for the Ripper guns?

Thanks for all the comments guys

Vepr, a pick axe, thats a great idea! I've been scratching my head about the arms, some of them I can get away with swinging at their sides, a couple will be two handed with Lead Belcher arms, that'll be another with a weapon in both hands!

APM, the customer wants Ripper Guns in a Gatling style, I was really unsure how to go about that at first as the Ripper Gun is supposed to be rather tough itself given what the Ogryns are supposed to put it though, so a Gatling Gun mechanism would be a little delicate, I'm settling on something like this though, though with a squared ammo drum on the customers request, it's not exactly clear but the white section is a group of three barrels arranged gatling style so it is half exposed, half covered by the lower casing. I've only got as far as the barrel mockup so far as I'm concentrating on getting the other two Ogryns I'm working on finished (bar weapons) first. Inciently the bit in front of the wrist would be the stock behind the wrist in the model.

Maybe you could take it in a gatling/revolver direction? I know its up to the client, but I can imagine that you could get a good result mixing his gatling idea with a revolver. In my mind the revolver matches up with the historical basis for the Praetorians.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast