To my fellow gamers,

I am currently in the workings of producing a campaign that starts at the beginning of next year, mainly do to the fact that I am deployed with the Navy in Africa. I am trying to produce a campaign to get more players involved and to give a story like enviroment so people find new challenges instead of playing the same style games over and over again. I am looking for constructive critisim on how to incorporate some of the different expansions into the game, Apocolypse is easy to figure out along with Planet Strike, but battle missions and the spear head expansion I am having a little bit of a time trying to figure out. Here is the rule set as designed so far and always open to suggestions that I can make a beter final product to give to my local hobby store.

The 2012 Apocalyptic Show Down.
++COMM-NET BROADCAST++
++TIMESTAMP 999.41 11:47 PST, LOCATION HOLY TERRA++
++COMM-IDENT: HIGH COUNCIL OF TERRA, HIGH LORDS++
++TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS++

This is to see who is interested in participating in an upcoming campaign environment for the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. There is an entry fee of Ten Dollars ($10) for those to enter, this is to ensure people won’t flake out during the event and the money will in turn be used for prize support. A rule set is formed to explain how it will all run together.
From the High Lords of Terra.

++MESSAGE TO REPEAT UNTIL OBJECTIVES ARE MET AND NEW ORDERS RECEIVED++
++IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR++
Name and Army to be played below
1. 2.
3. 4.
5. 6.
7. 8.
9. 10.
11. 12.
13. 14.
15. 16.
17. 18.
19. 20.

I. As mention in the sign up sheet that there will be an entry fee into this campaign to maintain stability within the campaign so there will be less of a chance of people constantly dropping from it. This will be at least a six month dedication and will be adhered to for the simple fairness of those other players who joined this world wide destruction for the fun and new flavor it brings. The entry fee will be turned over into prize support for the end of the campaign, break down of the money will be based off the amount of entries we have into it, so more player bigger the lot.
Terrain that will be used within this will not only be the terrain that is within the shop but more will be needed to help support some of the different game scenarios that will be played. Please be respectful of other players’ terrain that you might be using as to make sure it’s not being damage. Any and all help of generating more terrain in either making it out of scratch or purchasing it from where ever you may purchase the terrain from.

II. The movement system in this campaign is relatively simple to use and will be adhered too. Each week your movement orders for each banner will be emailed to me and I will collect them and make the movements on Friday by closing time of the store. My orders will be directed to someone else to hold before I receive anyone else’s orders to maintain things being fair. The email will be designated by the time of the campaign.
Your armies will be marked by individual banners on the map to show the locations of each army that you control. You have the option to create your army banners to represent virtually your “General’s” banner and then your “Captain’s” banners or generic ones will be handed out and they won’t be pretty.

III. Now for the point system, this is the base of the campaign that will keep it alive and flowing with new things being added by the individual players. Each battle will award a hundred points (+100) points to the victor and fifty (+50) to the defeated. Scout missions (400 point) matches can be done up to five (5) times a week at fifty points (+50) to the victor and zero points (+0) to the defeated; these missions can be played against anyone, they don’t have to be in contact with any of your territory.
Now what doe these points get you, for five hundred (500) points you’ll receive a new banner from your hive city or bastion (if a landing pad resides there), this banner is one thousand seven hundred and fifty (1750) points. Bastions are three hundred and fifty (350) points a piece and you can form up to four (4) in one territorial area. Landing Pads can be bought for one hundred and fifty (150) points at your bastion locations for being able to move your banner quickly to possible boarder areas. You can purchase addition hive city locations at one thousand (1000) points plus an additional two hundred and fifty (250) points extra per hive city after that. Also points will be used to reconstruct strategic locations that are laid throughout the map. For fifty (50) points you can garrison a bastion, city, or hive city with addition two hundred and fifty (250) to the army there.

IV. The army sizes are pre-set but have the flexibility to be changed around within the organization. Your General’s banner is two thousand five hundred (2500) points, your Captain’s banner is one thousand seven hundred and fifty (1750) points, and last but not least your Scouting Parties are at four hundred (400) points (the scouting armies don’t need banners.)

V. Allied matches will occur and in these certain situations there is a change to your point values. In a two versus one (2 v 1) the side of two armies add up divide by two plus five hundred points (x+y/2+500) while splitting the over all points between the two and the side with one will keep banner at full strength. In a two versus two (2 v 2) both sides stay at the same strength; while a three versus three (3 v 3) are subjected to being played in Apocalypse because we all know there will be mass destruction.

VI. All game types will be used throughout this campaign being from Spearhead to Apocalypse so be ready for anything and everything. Open terrain on the map will be rolled for as a random battle but locations with cities, bastions or hive cities will be fought with those rule sets to make the game more entertaining. Terrain on the map should immolate what is on the game board; random buildings can be added for unmarked settlements on the planet. To capture an opponents Hive City won’t be as easy as just showing up and winning one match, this will be a consecutive system of games starting with a Planet Strike match into a Cities of Death match for the theory of breaking the outer walls then storming the streets. The defending player however gets to set the board with what terrain they want since it is their home territory.

VII. There will be strategic locations throughout the map that if held will benefit all your armies across the map. Here they are and their benefits.

Power Plant Twin-Link Energy Weapons 500 points to rebuild
Purmithum Plant Twin-Link Flamers and Melta Weapons 500 points to rebuild
Ammo Depot Upgrade 1 Troop choice to have Assault. 500 Points to rebuild
Orbital Relay Free D3 Bombardment 500 Points to rebuild
Manufacturing Depot -10 points to vehicle cost 500 Points to rebuild
Fortress of Defiance -2 points to unit cost 500 Points to rebuild

VIII. The campaign will run for roughly six months with the possibility of longer depending on players’ interest and stability. Overall victory will be the player with the most territories owned, if there is a tie between two or more players then it will be hive cities, and further more if that remains at a tie then a good old fashion Dawn of War Kill Point match will be the way to decide the winner. Best painted army at the end of the campaign will also be awarded along with the best sportsmanship award which will be voted on by the players and the player with the most votes wins.

IX. Some final words from me about how this will all work out as well. Please know your rules for the over all game plus your armies that you will be fielding. If there is an official Games Workshop errata you better have it printed out or the rules that are printed in front of you will the rules used; also with that if you think that not having an errata because it hurts your army I will have a copy of each errata to ensure this doesn’t occur. John Guzman and I will make rule calls in situations that need them, we’ll call them in the most unbiased way as possible and if a conclusion can’t be made then a dice off occurs and whoever gets the highest roll then their rule will be in effect for remainder of that match.

X. Cheating is something that won’t be tolerated by me and others of this campaign, so Emperor helps you if I find out you are cheating. I will have you removed from the campaign without a problem but before you go I will give you the option to fight the Tyrinnad invasion that will be consuming your armies but I guarantee this match won’t be pretty for your side, but I am sure the “Nid” players will have a blast with this. In short keep it as a game and keep it fun.

XI. Confrontation will not be tolerated, by not only me but by those throughout the store. We are using Borderlands and those rules apply to the fullest and if troubles arise I will ask you to depart without any questions and I can guarantee you that I do have Chip’s support in this as well. In short keep it as a game and keep it fun.

XII. Document everything you can from after action reports with pictures and anything else that you think might add a little flare to this. I am going to try to push it out to Games Workshop so we all get a little recognition for all this and other people around the world can see what we are up too.

XIII. Thanks everyone for reading through all this and remember this is our hobby so please keep it fun. I am also open to any suggestions anyone might have, this is a “living” document so things can be changed and if they are I will post it accordingly.

Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to any constructive inputs you all might have.