BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Assault question

Just wondering about whether or not a Chaos Space Marine armed with an assault weapon such as a melta would be able to shoot the melta, then assault with his bolt pistol and combat weapon in the assault phase.
    Is there a rule on this somewhere?

You choose. So if you fire with your Melta you would have to use your Melta in the assault.
    If you chose the Pistol and Chainsword you would shoot with that and assault with that as well.

Thats how we play it, but I can't remember seeing it written anywhere.

Librarian

The Pistol acts as a close combat weapon in the assault phase regardless of it, something else or nothing being fired in the assault phase, you just have to have one.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

So according to you TheRise, You have to use the weapon you shot with when you assault. And according to you Morgan, I can gain the charge bonus from the pistol/combat weapon even if I've fired the melta?
    Now I'm back to asking if anyone knows where this is written down?
    Has there ever been a rule for this?

I don't have the book to hand, but as far as I'm aware, their is no rule saying if fired an assault weapon you can't gain the bonus' from having a pistol in combat.

http://saimhanneldar.blogspot.com/

There is no rule requiring you to fire a weapon in order to be able to use it in CC. The +1 attack is contingent only on HAVING the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRise View Post
    You choose. So if you fire with your Melta you would have to use your Melta in the assault.
    If you chose the Pistol and Chainsword you would shoot with that and assault with that as well.
    Incorrect. As long as the model has the bp+ccw listed in its profile, it can gain the bonus attack in combat.

So allowing the +1 to attack is how it is interpreted in the community? In tournaments? If so then I've been doing it wrong, I interpreted it the same way as TheRise. My Noise Marines thank you.

Brother-Captain

Which weapon you use in the shooting phase has zero impact on the number of attacks you get in the assault phase. So you can shoot your meltagun and still benefit from CCW+Bolt Pistol in combat. Similarly a model can shoot a pistol and then use a 2-handed close combat weapon in assault.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast