BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default playing THAT guy.

yeah, you read right.

THAT guy.

That guy who ruins the fun. That guy who refuses to tell you unit stats when you ask politely. That guy who tells you 'you should know everything in my codex'.

what would you do when someone pulls this cute little asshat move? especially in a tournament?

Chapter-Master

In a casual game? 3 warnings then start packing up my minis....

In a tournement? Turn any compassion off and rape him off the board....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    In a casual game? 3 warnings then start packing up my minis....

In a tournement? Turn any compassion off and rape him off the board....
    I agree... But being more direct:

- Casual game: 1 warning only

- Tournament: Talk directly to a referee... I don´t know in your countries, but in Spain ALL tournaments have this rule: if some player is not fair, at the second referee warning he is pissed off the tournament.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

allways repay to the fullest, with cherry on top.

some really bad-mannered asshat moves to pull on THAT GUY to beat him with his own tools:

roll for stuff and if the result pleases you tell what you rolled for. if it isnt pleasing say it was just for fun/keeping your fingers busy while thinking.

rolling dice in a hard-to-see place and picking up sucesses ("yeah, I really just made three 6+ invul saves in a row. its your fault if you are to stupid to watch my dice propperly. dont waste my time, idiot!")

play the shell game with transports with him. dont lavel your transports/ignore your squad markings and to little grafitty on your army list that could resemble anything. then pop that unit out of a transport (destroyed or voluntarily disembarking) that is the best for you in that situation. if they call you out for it tell them that you allready said beforehand that those grafitiy on the army list are linked to the transports in (make up an extremely obscure link like a dot of chipped of paint/tracks going counter/clockwise,...).

make dice indicating a multi-wound model's lost wounds vanish by accident when rolling near the unit (mostly by putting them away with the misses) and then forget that they lost wounds allready. argue up to a dice-off if he calls you out. if a judge is called use the opportunity to complain about all the bad things your oponent has done (which made you think hes THAT GUY in the first place).

move models/terrain/objectives when he isnt watching and/or knock stuff over on purpose and use the opportunity to place said models in a more opportune way.

moving obejctives can be a lot of fun if you use small coins and have one objective placed out of LOS to the oponent and then move the coin with/under a big model (terminator, monstrous creature, tank). objectives can travel rather far with that technique without you getting caught. when THAT GUY asks you where the objective marker is reply with the same words he used to refuse to give information on his codex. dont allow him to pick up any of your models.

if you are smart/have good hand eye coordination (depending on the trick) you should also simply mirror his cheateous endeveours on top of all that.

CAUTION: useing any of the above against anyone but THAT GUY will instantly turn yourself into THAT GUY. Don't be afraid to call a judge even if you are the one cheating on the 2nd and later games in the tournament as the chance is high THAT GUY has allready caused many discrepancies and the judges do not like him (a good judge has an eye for THOSE GUYS and like to punish them!)

Most important thing is this sort of person thinks that he's right, and that you're trying to cheat him. He may be disillusioned, but that's his thought process. If you start arguing with him, you'll cement his opinion that you're cheating with him and the game will be nothing but arguing and passive aggressive comments.
    nah it was nothing like that. in a nutshell, I asked him to give me a rundown of his units. initiative, ws, attacks, toughness, strength. those stats. he came back with the response of 'you should know what these things do already.'

yeah pal. i should have your entire codex memorized front to back, even though you're using chaos zombie wolves models as proxies for your space wolves wolf models.

I must be lucky, never met anyone like that. So far from all the vetreans I have played agaisnt, they are so helpfull they teach me the rules as I go along.

If I met anyone like that, I think I would just pack up my minis and quit playing OR, I would do the same in return, and take forever moving my minis. While you can't pre-measure in the Shooting phase, you can do that in the movement phase, and playing Tyranids whith a hord list, I would pre measure ever single Gaunt and then measure for the next gaunt, move him, then measure the next one, and move him.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Battle-Brother

My reaction is simple, let them carry on and for every ****ish act they make, launch 10 metal dice into his models. i once got to 120 before they realised what was going on and then apolagised before they set work on repairing the model that took the force of the attack. being khorne is great for this...

Chaplain

I would calmly get my phone out and call my wife. I would ask her to go upstairs to dig for the codex in question. I would stay on the phone chatting while she meandered to my game room. If the ******* across the table said anything I would do a big comical SHHHHHHHH, and tell him i'm on the phone trying to get info that you are refusing to give me, so sit down, have a nice cup of shut the **** up, and I'll be with you shortly.

Iron Father

245lbs
    Shaved head
    Beard
    Tattoos
    52inch chest

Most people play nice with me

But seriously I play for fun, someone pulls that kind of crap on me and I just pack up and walk away. Either that or embed my dice in his forehead and call it a win.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    But seriously I play for fun, someone pulls that kind of crap on me and I just pack up and walk away. Either that or embed my dice in his forehead and call it a win.
    What a win that'd be :L
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast