Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
That guy who ruins the fun. That guy who refuses to tell you unit stats when you ask politely. That guy who tells you 'you should know everything in my codex'.

what would you do when someone pulls this cute little asshat move? especially in a tournament?
The TO should give him a severe warning at the very least for behavior like this. And in a casual game, pack up and leave.

At a tournament, I played a guy who wasn't quite that guy, but was still pretty bad. He doesn't outright cheat, but he'll get into stupid arguments over petty little things. So engage him in psychological warfare. The guy I played had a reputation for being... difficult, yet because of the way I handled him he only had a single protest that I quickly avoided, and by the end of the game he was complimenting me on my models (a few features of my GK color scheme are pretty unique, and I have some minor greenstuff conversions that don't look half bad).

Most important thing is this sort of person thinks that he's right, and that you're trying to cheat him. He may be disillusioned, but that's his thought process. If you start arguing with him, you'll cement his opinion that you're cheating with him and the game will be nothing but arguing and passive aggressive comments.

You don't want to just cave into his silly demands, but try and predict what he will be argumentative about. Be careful with measuring (in the game I mentioned, I probably only ever moved my infantry models 5" max), and bringing up issues in such a way that he thinks you want his opinion on them, you'll avoid a lot of headaches because he thinks you're just a noob instead of ignorant. If you're careful, it won't actually negatively affect how you play, but it will trick him into being friendly with you even though you're essentially playing the same as you normally would.

People who argue tend to do so because they think people are trying to disparage them or cheat them. Avoid making them think that, and you can avoid any issues.