BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

My reaction is simple, let them carry on and for every ****ish act they make, launch 10 metal dice into his models. i once got to 120 before they realised what was going on and then apolagised before they set work on repairing the model that took the force of the attack. being khorne is great for this...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery.Shadow View Post
    A Large-Blast Template lands with the hole BETWEEN the front fins of an Eldar Tank. That Guy claims it's only half strength hit, since the hole is NOT over the Vehicle's Hull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    ...In fairness if I understand what your saying correctly, he did nothing wrong. That is in fact the proper way that plays.
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

The whole is not over the physical hull of the vehicle. That's a Half Strength hit.
    =/

If it landed ON the fins them self, that's a full strength hit thow. You other touch the hull or you don't.
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-26-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    The whole is not over the physical hull of the vehicle. That's a Half Strength hit.
    =/

If it landed ON the fins them self, that's a full strength hit thow. You other touch the hull or you don't.
    I have to agree, how is that a full strength hit? It's not a SM tank where it's a complete box.

Is this why vehciles need bases? So people don't complain and argue about this?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Occuli Imperator

Talking about the strength of large blasts like the one pictured above would be great in the RULES forum. On topic please.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Hey Uncle

Just like when you IM'd me on AIM, you can see the guys here are saying the same thing I did - It was a tourney event, you get a judge, end of story.

If this happened in a non tourney game, just ask him a few times, and then refuse to play with the toolbag.

Never let some douche ruin your fun.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

after reading all the responses here (three pages? crikey!), i'm going to start using a big giant "THAT GUY" D4. In blood red or something. and when it hits three, I call a judge. If it hits six, I pack up.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 06-26-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Chaplain

Man if your d4 hits 6 let me know. I could use some really high rolling d4s in DnD =).
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

haha whoops, forgot about that part. supposed to be "if it hits two, call a judge. four, pack up and wait for the next game"

blood red giant D4 hits the board. THUMP. "oh gee did that knock your models over? sorry. no i'm not"

Chaplain

Have you considered investing in a nice big steel d4? I have a steel d20. Lots of fun.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast