BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Stasis is better than the alternative ;

Coming next month! Codex Necrons presented exclusivly in the pages of White Dwarf magazine!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Still patiently waiting for the Necron codex to wander/stumble/waddle out of GW's printing office.

Let's hope it's not as FUBAR'd as the current rumours suggest...
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Brother-Captain

If the Necron codex is another WD abortion, it means I'll have plenty of time to devote to Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'd strongly consider selling off all my GW crap and wash my hands of the game. I have absolutely no interest in playing a Muh'REEN bunch of jar-heads, and I-Guard to me are just boring. Dark Eldar are good to play, but it's not enough to keep me in the game, especially if the choice of who I fight ends up limited to mon-keigh variants. I cannot say for certain I'd give up on it entirely (I still enjoy painting minis, although that's not exclusive to GW's junk), but I'm beginning to see this game as largely a waste of time.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

Necron "rumours" I guess is as good a place to put this

In the BL book PAth of the Seer, out this weekend theres a flashback memory of a battle against the Necrons

Gold coloured warriors, Flayed ones, Destroyers and Scarabs are mentioned, but not by name

Also there are smaller monoliths that act only as gun turrets, and a quote;

"One of the suns was setting and in the dimming light the pyramid changed. Another section of the gleaming metal slid away to reveal an immense hanger like space. From the darkness emerged a terrifying apparition, glowing with green energy. it looked like a cross between a building and a warrior, a huge construct with a dozen heads and batteries of weapons set about a complex, ever-shifting geometric core.
    The necrontyr war machine loomed over the battlefield, sheathed in a baleful glow that warded away the blasts of bright lances and scatter lasers. An orb at its centre spun faster and faster, crackling with energy that crawled along arcane circuitary to the blisters of the weapons turrets.
    With a blinding flash, green lightning arced down upon the eldar army, shredding tanks and aspect warriors in a barrage of pyrotecnic destruction. Whole squads were vaporised. Falcons exploded or were sheared into small pieces"

I can't think of anything matching the description in the current Nec book. Now I know BL books aren't the best place to go for rumours....but could be something?

It also mentioned Scarabs destroying Jetbikes and Tanks, by climbing onto them and self destructing in large numbers
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

It also mentioned Scarabs destroying Jetbikes and Tanks, by climbing onto them and self destructing in large numbers

Now that would be kinda awesome. A model whose only purpose was to charge into a vehicle and blow up.
    2d6 +3 armor pen. ap-

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Now that would be kinda awesome. A model whose only purpose was to charge into a vehicle and blow up.
    2d6 +3 armor pen. ap-
    *cough* Screamers Of Tzeentch *cough*
    Last edited by The Twilight Fade; 08-22-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Brother-Captain

Well I don't know about self-destructing, but the latest rumours for Scarabs mentioned something about them having an 'Entropic Field' or somesuch...supposedly a new Necron rule a number of units will have.

Basically turns 'to-wound' rolls of 4+ into power weapon attacks and penetrating rolls of 4+ on vehicles reduce their AV by 1 on all sides for the remainder of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Fade View Post
    *cough* Screamers Of Tzeentch *cough*
    They don't blow up though, they just nom through armour.

Brother-Captain

Hah.
    Now I'm going to have to say "om nom nom" every time my Scarabs swarm a tank, if these rumours turn out to be true.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Stasis is better than the alternative ;

Coming next month! Codex Necrons presented exclusivly in the pages of White Dwarf magazine!
    So... It will appear on September“s WD?? I mean, the one going on sale in the end of September
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast