BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Some good news, the inititial Launch release has been expanded to feature not TWO but THREE of the armies! each will get FOUR of their ten kits released - so that's 12 kit's and 3 armies to collect! the remaining kits will be released in race-specific waves later on
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I like how you describe them as exciting non-humanoid alien. I mean, I would hope so! Don't get me wrong, the rock species from Star Trek was pretty cool for a single episode but after a while it's just a rock!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by robertsjf View Post
    I like how you describe them as exciting non-humanoid alien. I mean, I would hope so! Don't get me wrong, the rock species from Star Trek was pretty cool for a single episode but after a while it's just a rock!
    I just approach it like how any other army/miniature-range would be really - an army needs a variety and a strong memorable design as well as a variety of different "themes" that can be used in different ways to produce unique looking units and models.

I guess it's my "thing" because I used to scrawl weird creatures back when I was like 5 years old, inspired after watching classic dr who episodes. So It's something I've been doing for 21 years now!
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I actually chuckle reading threads on other about about your sculpts and how people are thinking of ways to use your sculpts to represent classic lovecraftian horrors. Things like: "That can pass as a flying polyph." I wasn't aware that we could shoe-horn critters who's very presence defies euculidian geometry or something! I do enjoy your concepts.The creature holding the staff is especially interesting because you have a slap of the inorganic right there in a line that's been very much an organic feel.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by robertsjf View Post
    I actually chuckle reading threads on other about about your sculpts and how people are thinking of ways to use your sculpts to represent classic lovecraftian horrors. Things like: "That can pass as a flying polyph." I wasn't aware that we could shoe-horn critters who's very presence defies euculidian geometry or something! I do enjoy your concepts.The creature holding the staff is especially interesting because you have a slap of the inorganic right there in a line that's been very much an organic feel.
    I kinda laugh at myself at it but I get a bit annoyed when people want to say they'll use them as stand-in minis considering how much effort I've put into trying to create unique designs and backstory. Lol. It's more amusing since my co-partner want's to do a joint large-scale cthulhu mythos wargame with me in the future - allthough like me, he's more concerned with his "solo" Wargame, Manaseth at current.

They'll be MUCH more inorganic stuff coming. The Luuran vehicle "The eye of judgement" is a weird biomechanical pyramid with a giant eyeball on top, and there are tolathian vehicles planned as well - the first being the Lightning Bolt - a cloud with weird pillars poking out of it - 1 pillar has the "pilot" while the other has a lightning-gun turret. Theres also a larger variant called the Cloud-Burster as well. More of the Tolathian's tech will be seen in the web-series too since it revolves around a scientific-Cell.

There's also races like the Paradox Smiths, which come from a self-aware/manufactured Machine Galaxy, and the Smiths themselves are like it's drones - They're a bit like robot shoggoths. The Iathlein are a race of Holographic beings which come from a Holo-galaxy, all their tech is based on solid-holograms. The Cascadians are very technological as well - they basicly put Dr Who's Time Lord's to shame since their whole race is 1 entity that co-exists with millions of variant time-lines.

Chapter-Master

New works in progress sculpts here :
    [url]http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/2011/09/primeval-abyssian-new-sculpts.html[/url]

including the first vehicle, the Luuran's Eye of judgement!

Very nice, the vehicke is looking promising.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Very nice, the vehicke is looking promising.
    Cheers mate! you can't see underneath it in the pictures - but it has a mass of flesh and eyeballs that are what allow it to float. Started filling in the gaps around where I glued the plasticard today too - looks much better.

I know this stuff isnt up to say GW standards, but hopefully the creativity and cheap prices will make up for that.

Chapter-Master

It's about time I updated this. I've been working hardcore on sculpting. I sculpt nearly every single day now, I've got new tools and been trying to do my best to make everything look as good as I possibly can!

So far the Tolathian range is 95% complete. The Luuran are at 50%. The Masters Of Unlife are going slowly but I think things will speed up considerably once I send off the sculpts to get the masters back. The Axon Synapse I havent started yet.

Anyhow, this post is mainly for FLUFF !! so here goes :

Here is a brief Overview of the ten factions that make up my up and coming wargame Primeval Abyssian. It's been a while since I posted any fluff, so hopefully this will give people a stronger idea of what to expect and the variety of the factions!

Races Of The Etherium

Tolathians :
    Tolathians are an elemental race based around the elements of thunder, lightning, clouds and storms. They have a society that is a mix of Nomadic and Marxist elements allthough they do have an overlord, the Thane of Tol. They use cloud shaping as a long-range communication method, while their actual mouths work a little like advanced Tesla-coils, with each tooth discharging electrical energy to make a different frequency. Tolathians planets are stormformed - so they have a constant supply of lightning to feed them and keep them charged up. Their bodies look deceptively frail because they are very thin and wirey, but they are one of the toughest races of the Etherium.

Cascadians :
    The Cascadians are a time-manipulating species able to co-exist with millions of their own copies that exist in slightly different time-streams. Governed by the sentient time-vortex itself, the Cascadians are the guardians of time and uphold the laws of defending the Vortex and time-streams from any and all that would dare corrupt it.

Iaethlein :
    The Iaethlein are a race of noble energy beings that use hard-holographic technology to defend themselves from the perils of the Ether. Their bodies are permenantly contained within a hard holographic armoured shell to protect their fragile energy bodies. Their realm of space is a collection of stars linked together through holo-roads which make up a larger Circuit.

Prymarsiam Dominion :
    The Prymarsiam Dominion consists of a triangular area of Etherspace, within this area lives two aquatic species the Pryark and Marsiarm. The Pryark are a leech-like elemental species of Aquamancers able to control water as a weapon - they are the governers of the dominion and order any outsiders that dare to enter the dominion be destroyed. The Marsiam are a bionic jellyfish-like species - low on intelligence but tough and capable in battle. The Marsiam are excellent footsoldiers and police within the Dominion - together the two races form a highly militant force capable of destroying any who enter their boundries.

Jequerita :
    The Jequerita are an aggressive re-foliating plant species that spread through the ether using Ether-seeds. When a Seed reaches a planetary body it will grow into Jequerita plants which detach themselves and spread smaller seeds to spread over the planet. The Jequerita can control native plants and foilage. They are a scourge upon the Ether, however they have a low intelligence and tend to act purely on instinct.

Luuran :
    Lead by the High-Seclorums, the cthulhoid elphantine Luuran are a zealous religious species which wish only to convert the Ethers races under one God, known by outsiders as the All-Seeing-Eye and one unified Realm. The Luuran send out fleets of ships to save neighbour species from invaders - only to take them over themselves under the watchfull eye of the Luuran. Those that join the Luuran are gifted by the Sect-Tome Keepers many secrets and revelations of the Ether - as well as permenent defensive forces to ensure their safety.

Axon Synapse :
    The Axon Synapse are a super-intelligent race of disembodied brain aliens which use mechanical spinal-chord suits to move about freely. While the Synapse are incredibly intelligent, they are also insanely paranoid and obsessed with the pursuit of knowledge to the detriment of other races. The paranoia of the Synapse has also lead to the Axons becoming a highly isolationist species - however given the nature of their pursuit of knowledge, it is not uncommon to see Axon Nerve-Fleets investigating other worlds and civilizations.

Masters Of Unlife :
    From the hidden Necroverse, a shadowy graveyard dimension - the Masters Of Unlife seek only to elliminate life in all it's forms. The Masters discovered the Ether by accident, when an alien race opened a rift between the Ether and Necroverse - allowing the Masters of Unlife to continously send their Abyssal Drone hordes into the Etherspace safely. Many wars have occured since they have entered the Ether, and it has taken the combined strengths of many other species to ensure the Masters Of Unlife are kept at bay.

Ylataran Nexus :
    An Extra-dimensional threat from beyond. The Nexus are a race of organic aliens who have dimensionally transcendental technology built into everything including themselves. They have in the past destroyed entire universes and dimensions - and now they have discovered the Etherium. The Nexus infilitrate planets easily using drop-pods that contain entire armies inside the larger interiors - they convert the planets into sickly yellow organic globes similar to that of their own forms and technology.

Ekimmu :
    The Ekimmu are a powerful and ancient species of Wind-based entities that live off the lifeforce of others. The Ekimmu rage across Etherspace in powerful fleets, their vampiric war-machines and cruel infantry scouring any civilization they discover. It is said the Ekimmu are the accidently created warriors of the Lumenenion, a deadly race of alien spriits who in their fleshforms once built the mightiest war engines and weapons in the entire Ether - only to be destroyed by that which they created. The relationship between Lumenenion and Ekimmu is unclear but this deadly civilization should be avoided at all costs.

Chapter-Master

- In The Beginning -

The Big Bang was imminent; the laws of physics were breaking down and the lifespan of the current universe was coming to its end. Soon everything would be destroyed and reborn at the expense of all current intelligent life within this universe. Some of the beings within did not want this to happen.

One such race were the Adrifell. The Adrifell took to the science of Universal Engineering and dedicated their entire culture and civilization towards the end goal of creating a brand new Universe in which they would live; one free of the problems and corruption of the natural one they currently resided within.

The Adrifell created a Hadron Collider, the likes of which had never been seen before; it was so large that it stretched around the entire circumference of their Stapledon-Sphere, known as the Archetyme. The Adrifell would eventually run experiments on this Hadron Collider. Thier eventual purpose was to create a Higgs Boson type particle, however, they did not want to replicate the events that created their own universe but create a variation of the event that would lead to the creation of a universe that would be perfectly suited to their needs.

After centuries of experimentation and hard research, the Adrifell finalised plans to create an event in the Collider that would generate a new type of particle - the Ether Particle. The Ether Particle would generate a new type of Universe, a variety of other changes from the old and free of expansion and gravity. This "Etherverse" would be a controlled, secure and stable place to create a realm of learning, peace and creativity.

Things, however, don't always go according to plan. While the creation of the Etherverse was successful, the Adrifell had not anticipated the unforseen laws of creation that would occur - the creation of new lifeforms in the Ether. Though the Adrifell Ether-empire was alone for millions of years, new life took root and new civilizations began to slowly appear in the hidden recesses of the Ether. The first of these were named by the Adrifell as The First Evolved; a race that revolved around the Ultimate Element.

The First Evolved called themselves the Karuthrax. They were a cruel race of overwhelmingly powerful amourphous organic tanks with limited capability to shape-shift. In secrecy, they had built their numbers up and eventually, in the period known as the Falling Century, made war with the Adrifell, almost entirely destroying them. The Adrifell, however, were often underestimated and near the end of the Falling Century, both factions were almost extinct. The Adrifell became all but forgotten as the newer Elements grew and created civilizations while the Karuthrax would return to their birthworlds and shroud them with advanced cloaking technology.

With both races vanishing slowly from the Ether and the rise of the new Elemental races, the second age would begin and great and advanced civilizations such as the Iaethlein, Tolathians and Cascadians would take the lead in protecting the Ether from the more dangerous species like the scourges that are the Jequerita, the zealous Luuran and the cruel Axon Synapse.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast