BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I finished this diorama using two abandoned sculpts. It depicts the last two members of alien races fighting on the dreaded worm-shores of Faelharn. like the previous diorama - they are both extinct species.

Hope you like.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Fun world-building, and I really dig the visual of 'worm-shores'.

In this case, though, the inhuman aspect/lack of readable body language works against them a bit - there's not much to suggest they're fighting. Maybe for future world-building shots like this, work in a wound, physical contact, weapon effect or something similar to suggest conflict?

Chapter-Master

That's a good criticism!!! I'll definitely try to do that with the next one!

---

also, finally finished this one :

A reminder on who this faction are :

Jaedarjion -
    The Jaedarjion are the result of experimental research data from ancient Adrifell experiments that Ethereal races had joined together to try and complete. The Jaedarjion themselves are the result of the research – they are a species made from Quantum Shadows which are able to interact with matter and energy in interesting ways due to the unique properties from the way the shadow waves are assembled into.

A note, the things that look like eyes on the rear side are quantum entanglers that quantum-entangle any Jaedarjion within a specific range, boosting each others powers and abilities. This will have in-game effects too. PA will have lots of cool rules to represent the quantum physics heavy focus.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I've seen these online but now I know who makes them. Congrats, it's an interesting concept!

Chapter-Master

Long time no post. Was suffering health issues again for a while but have managed to work on a new range. They called the Yor Telth. The idea actually originally came from wanting to do an original 40k alien race based around a single sculpt, something that mixed the bulky, over the top proportions of models like the stormcast eternals with my weird alien aeasthetic and of course you can probably see a bit of Vorlon and Dalek influence too. As things progressed I became more attached to them and then decided to port them to my own game instead as I love them now.

note : None of these are finished, they are all WIP, so i they look a bit rough or unfinished in places - it's cos they are!

Who are the Yor Telth?
    The Yor Telth are a gas based alien race that do not originate from the Ether, they permenantly live inside their encounter-suits which they use to transverse all types of terrain. They are a Trans-universal race which have escaped their native universe and have built a multi-universal network in the hope to unite the entire multiverse. They are not the first or only race to have done this, for a greater cycle exists where one race shall rule the multiverse, unite it and used the combined energy of all the universes to create a portal to a legendary place known as the First Existence. The Yor Telth are merely the current alien race destined to do this. They have encountered artificial universes before but none like the Ether and it is their intention to conquer it entirely.

I used a 40mm GW base to illustrate the size of these models. They are big, bulky encounter
    Inertials - Your basic troops :

Centrifugers and Deuteriators – these are the elite units of the Yor Telth :

Muon Isotopiators form the heavy infantry role :

And leading them are the Fusion Maegus :

- - - Updated - - -

The Yor Telth will have a vehicle kit that like the infantry will make multiple units.
    The pod is obviously work in progress but the plan is to have a transport vehicle made from 3 of the pods, a heavy weapons vehicle made from 2 pods and a third vehicle with the pod upsidedown (flatside up) with a Yor Telth pilot sat on top controlling it.

heres a few pictures of the chassis WIP :

So if the infantry kit makes 5 units and this vehicle one will make 3, that gives me 8 units in total, but I wanted ten so I decided the army would look better if it had a couple of unique things not based on either the encounter-suit or vehicle-pod sculpts.

The first was a gun-drone (Atom Drones) :

While the second is a floating bomb called a Nuclide Battery :

Well, thats all I will post for now. So if you are interested please show you care and comment or like! It always helps my confidence and motivation.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 12-18-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Chapter-Master

As of jan 2016 I have four entire model ranges finished for this game.

I said at the start that the aim was to put the game out with 4 factions so I could technically do that now.

I think what I will do is release a "Edition 0" of the game. this would be a non-commercial edition that I will use to fund some of the moulds for future commercial releases, get models cast up for personal use, playtesting and for some friends, photography to show what this game will actually look like with models on a great looking tabletop and hopefully drum up interest.

Wish me luck cos I will f**king need it.

Chapter-Master

The Estelorian Matriarchy. I fully intend to get this stuff 3dprinted and cast up this year as I REALLY want to paint an army of my own!

The Estelorians are a matriarchal based society. They are led by their technologically minded and impossibly ancient Queen Aphrodite, who has studied cosmological topological defects in the Etherium for aeons and found that certain defects can be used to generate power, unique data storage and powerful weaponry. Over time She has fashioned an empire based around this science, becoming a forward thinking and technological civilization.

One of the greatest successes of Queen Aphrodite was mastering the art of creating custom configured complex arrays of 2-dimensional singularities called Domain Walls, from which She was able to construct enclosed worlds from which the Estelorians could mine the gravitational waves generated by the artificial defects. The waves were used to generate vast amounts of power that can power their cities.

The Estelorian military are a defensive force used to defend their Domain Wall Worlds and explore dangerous regions of space to catalogue anomolis and defects. The Estelorian soldiers use powerful and apocalyptic magnetic monopole based weaponry, with the common troops being creatures called Ligeia. The Ligeia fullfill the role of basic infantry, using their magna-screamer guns to annhilate all their enemies.

The more advanced infantry are the Parthenope, elite soldiers that are often used as shock troops and use the Siren Rapier weapons. The Estelorians are often led by a High Terpischore - an advanced scientist that has mastered the art of artificially generating custom toplogical defects. Every High Terpischore is a Princess who has learnt under the Queen herself to become the leader of an Estelorian Domain Wall Greater-Section.

The Estelorians only have two known types of vehicle at current, the Thelxiope is the smallest, a powerful mono-piloted fighter plane that has it's own semi-domain wall shields and powerful twin Ultima-Scream Magnalighters, while the more heavier Melpomene is slower and more heavily armoured. Rarer are the Leucosia, which are taller, larger heavy infantry - they are veterans who have used topological defects on their own bodies to change their own dimensions in order to survive death from their enemies.

Chapter-Master

Queen Aphrodite within one of her Domain Wall worlds.

An Estelorian Leucothia
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 08-25-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Chapter-Master

Have you had any thought on your game mechanics?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Have you had any thought on your game mechanics?
    Lots, it'll have a force org that mirrors 40k, rules that are simplistic but fun/tactical, commanders are the focus and will be able to construct fortifications or bases during battle, if I can figure a physical way to do it id like models to move in three dimensional space so they can float upwards ect, the nature of being in a universe with different physics will play a huge part in the way the game runs - especially regarding the quantum physics inspired nature if the setting and it's factions. I cant wait to have some actual armies to play with so I can get to the playtesting/experimenting stage - ill be in a better position to work on the rules side then.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast