BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

A somewhat strange update - Primeval Abyssian will be having a direction change, both from an artistic and marketing decision. The game will not be marketed as "Lovecraftian" but instead will be related to what is more it's main influences and inspirations anyway - and those are hard sci-fi writers such as Olaf Stapledon, Hal Clement and Robert L Forward. I believe these writers deserve more of the credit for inspiration and deserve more exposure alike.

Of course all models currently sculpted are still in. Tolathians, Masters Of unlife and Luuran will remain how they are - which is, they were never really "lovecraftian" anyway, and I feel it is best to get away from the "cthulhu mythos" as far as possible.

Some races (ones that havent been sculpted yet anyway) will undergo radical direction changes - and there will be some new factions too such as the Psylorthion Conflux - which use oblate planets. The new races will follow from what you've seen of the Cascadians - which will be more high tech but abstract looking sillohettes.

Chapter-Master

Introducing..... The Psylorthion Conflux

The Psylorthion Conflux are a species of artificially created beings made from a strong resiliant metamaterial that is able to withstand extreme temperature and weathering, making them hardy and strong - the downside to this however is that the metamaterial has a fast decay rate so the bodies need to be replaced somewhat frequently. The Psylorthions live on Anchorworlds, two oblate ellipsoids, the smaller being a singularity resting upon the larger. The Psylorthion minds can only exist within the confines of the singularities - permanently tying them to their homeworlds. The Psylorthion metamaterial bodies however are able to go anywhere and are created en-masse on the anchorworlds by advanced nano-swarms.

The Psylorthion Conflux was born by the Adrifell long ago - who opened thousands of Singularities across the Etherverse and sent encrypted datastreams into each one. Eventually the Datastreams would gain sentience within the singularities and create a network of artificial minds with each Singularity becoming it's own cosmic computer terminal. The Adrifell would then link the singularities together to form an expansive universe scaled computer network and intelligence system that could monitor the Etherverse and repair any potential anomolies.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 07-13-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Well, color me curious!

Chapter-Master

heres a crappy MSpaint sketch I did last night of what I think they'll end up looking like :

They will be a challenge to sculpt with those curves and the "h" shapes on the body, but itll give me something to do while waiting for the recasts from Troll Forged.

Chapter-Master

Been ages since I posted an update. i know. I'm still awaiting recasts of models I sent off in april - this has put a temporary stop to any sculpting since I need the recasts to continue. That said, I have been writing lots of backround and recently started making star maps! Here is, litterally - a map of the entire Universe

The Etherium universe is a LOT smaller than "our" universe. It's smaller than even a single galaxy. You'll notice some areas are selected but not labelled - these are areas where I plan to add future factions. You can also see a lot of small and strange anomolies or structures. These are left to your imagination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00_Etherium_Map.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	5468  
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 10-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Chapter-Master

Chapter-Master

Chapter-Master

New Logo :

opinions?

First-Captain

Logo just changed as I posted?

Looks cool and bad *** sci-fi! Nice

Not so sure about the flat back though. It needs something in it.

Chapter-Master

Thanks for the feedback! I tried out your suggestion and added a backround, Does this look any better?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast