BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

The Masters of Unlife are my favorite of the races. I play Necrons, so masters of the dead sound pretty exciting. It all sounds great.

I don't have time to read the intro, but I will later.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    The Masters of Unlife are my favorite of the races. I play Necrons, so masters of the dead sound pretty exciting. It all sounds great.

I don't have time to read the intro, but I will later.
    They have a very bio-mechanical feel too. floating nightmarish faceless drones with anti-matter weaponry.

I don't have any pictures of the Drones themselves, but here is what the Masters themselves look like :

Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Hey AX, I seem to have only just stumbled onto this thread! Even though I've known about your passion for non-humanoid aliens for some time.

I am loving your work and enthusiasm for this project.

I myself am planning to take the plunge into developing and producing a game in the future. Reading your posts here I am greatly inspired.

When do you foresee your game coming to fruition? I'm guessing you plan on releasing a "starter set" to allow easy access to your universe I've been expanding my gaming collection for a few years now and i would be proud to add your game to my list, it looks totally...alien.

Its late here but I will investigate your product further when I can, (probably tomorrow at work ...)

Cheers, TSINI
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    Hey AX, I seem to have only just stumbled onto this thread! Even though I've known about your passion for non-humanoid aliens for some time.

I am loving your work and enthusiasm for this project.

I myself am planning to take the plunge into developing and producing a game in the future. Reading your posts here I am greatly inspired.

When do you foresee your game coming to fruition? I'm guessing you plan on releasing a "starter set" to allow easy access to your universe I've been expanding my gaming collection for a few years now and i would be proud to add your game to my list, it looks totally...alien.

Its late here but I will investigate your product further when I can, (probably tomorrow at work ...)

Cheers, TSINI
    Firstly, THANKS, makes my day when I get such enthusiastic replies like this - it actually makes me feel like I can accomplish this dream of mine and people will like it. It means a lot to me.Thankyou again.

To answer your question - I'm still deciding on starter-sets and how to do that. There will definitly be starter sets for all 4 of the first factions though. These will probably include a Commander, a squad of 5 basic grunts and an "elite" type squad making up about 9-10 figures in total (the bare minimum you need really).

I am also pandering doing 2-player startersets to make it easier to play the game with others - these would probably come at a discount as well.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

The Second Age (Age Of The Dimension Bomb)

The Preperations Of War :

It was the second age of the White Ether, the dimension that was self-created by the long fallen Adrifell civilization. Burning stone planets of strange abstract shape dominate the white glow of the Ether's space, spires of the long fallen Adrifell float in the abyss for all eternity; the only mark of their existence left embrazened into the walls of the spires forming nebula sized ruins that stretch out into oblivion.

In the early Trituries of the second age one force stands for survival and honour; the mighty Tolathians whose pacts with allied races has ensured them a small but powerful realm. On the Cell World of Tol II, the bright white bodies of Tolathian wisps glide across the sleek black windowless domes that form their floating cities. The Master of the Runes, Lylethen struck its claw into the sky as lightning charged into its body causing a brief flash across the dark world which lit up the image of the marching Wisps; blood stains over their mouths and claws shining fresh as they waited for their next battle.

Lylethen was guiding its soldiers into a huge grey cloud, from which masses of pillars stuck out from. The cloud with its strange floating pillars was a carrier-ship, a slow moving battle-ship intended for deep space travel. While physically weak, the particles of the cloud generate nightmare energies which could propel it through the Ether. This ship was Lylethen's personal war-vessel and it was intended for a destination that would put Lylethen and its army into one of the White Ether's most important events.

This event would be a new war against an enemy of which the Tolathians and their allies knew nothing, except that this enemy had come from outside the White Ether dimension, from an entirely alien realm where the only information was transcribed from Adrifell artefacts. This enemy was known as the Ylataran Nexus, an alien race who were masters of relative dimensional laws and physics. Lylethen had massed the largest army the Tolathians had ever seen in their entire history to battle against the Nexus. They had no less than ten million Tolathians as well as thousands of supporting armies from their allies, the Chelonions, Iaethlein, Karuthrax and Cobrorians. Meanwhile other races non-allied to the Tolathians prepared to battle the Nexus on their own including the Jequerita Sporenebulas, Lumenenion Ghostworlds and other more damned and lethal realms.

The Nexus' plan was to create a nightmare that could become reality and form. The Nexus wanted to dimensionally compress the White Ether's physical dimensions so they used the White Ether as a dimension-bomb. The release of the compression of the dimension would explode outwards creating a shockwave-rift that could be directed at an enemy dimension. The force of this dimension-rift had nearly wiped the Nexus out themselves. This was the last desperate measure of the Nexus to win an outer-dimensional war.

The Compression Wars :

After the preparations were made, Lylethen's massive war-ship, supported by hundreds of allied alien ships drew closer to the Nexus homeworlds; the dreaded Inverted Moons of Yltau. The Nexus struck first, using dimension-compression beams upon the Chelonion web crusiers. These weapons created micro-dimensions which would compress then explode outwards shattering physical laws, of anything the beam touched. These brutal weapons permenantly distorted the reality of the White Ether creating hundreds of dimensional shards, entire areas of space that would be distorted for eternity. The Tolathians made it to the Nexus prime world, the Shrunken One, in good time. The legion swept across the inverted landscapes shrugging off the weapons of the Ylataran like they were immortals - Lylethen and his sub-masters had wounds where their material bodies were distorted forever but they raged on, the emotion of pain completely alien to them.

Sub-master Cortoll was the first to enter the nightmare labyrinth of the dimensionally transcendental realm of the Ylataran. He brought forth an army of seven thousand Gusts, backed by one hundred Thunder-drummers whose electric thumping shook the alien walls to pieces, as if they were weakening the very reality they stood within. The Ylataran however were unable to fire their weapons within this home environment, the result would destroy their own realm forever. This was the last battle, and Cortoll knew it could win. Cortoll raised its hammerlike weapon high into the air and beat it into its drum-skin chest, causing the Nexus Prime to explode in a gush of sickeningly red blood. This marked the end of the first war, but the second would be far worse.

In the third Tritury, the Tolathians and their allies had destroyed much of the Nexus' realm. Shards of reality-compression had destroyed much of the white-ether, but the Nexus had suffered the most. This forced the Nexus to use stronger compression weapons against The Tolathians and so a new breed of Ylataran had been created. Meanwhile, the mysterious Lumenenion had discovered a way to fix the White Ether's broken reality areas by reverse-engineering Nexus compression technology with their own arcane knowledge of the the Ether's very physical laws. The Lumenenion had then gone further and created defensive barriers around the shards of reality that had been fixed, entire areas of space turned into cosmic bunkers from which these alien ghosts would contain the Nexus forever.

The Nexus at this point fell-back, they needed to send for a new Ylataran Prime to lead them. The new Prime was ancient beyond imagining, it had traveled from its own dimension across the outer-planes fresh from the war with its immortal enemy and it knew the importance of the White Ether. For many years this new Prime battled against the forces of the White Ether, but progress was slow. The barrier technology from the Lumenenion had slowed the Nexus down considerably and the barrier would take aeons to break. Their second Prime would be soon destroyed in the final Compression War.

Through The Sporenebulas :

In the years that followed, the forces of Lylethen went further out into the White Ether into largely unexplored or untouched space. The massive fleet had picked up a strange signal which resembled a Ylataran Nexus world, only the second to of been discovered. The only path to this second Nexus world however was through a strange area of space known only as the Sporenebulas. This realm of space was a shock to the Tolathian's of Lylethen - all that could be seen was enourmous plant-spores growing randomly into the distance for untold lightyears. Thousands of stars and planets had been turned into nothing more than enourmous balls of moss and plant matter. Whatever race lay in this area of space did not like animal-life at all.

Lylethen's fleet explored this region of space for over ten years before they met the sporenebulas inhabitants. The first was a small spore which smashed through one of the fleet's smaller ships. The spore quickly grew out of the metal of the ship and the crews own flesh and the war with the Jequerita had begun. The fleet sent hundreds of infantry and lighting-bolts into the plant-invaded ship, but none emerged from its forsaken hull.

The only way to destroy the Jequerita was to use one of the three stolen compression-bombs which had been taken by Ylataran Nexus husks decades before in the previous Compression War. The explosion of the compression-bomb destroyed the assimilated ships and cut a path through the Sporenebulas for the remaining fleet to escape.

The Jequerita had not encountered such aggressive animal-life before and chose to not follow the Tolathians, but instead they would rearm and begin a crusade to destroy all animal-life in the name of the plant. The ruined areas of space within their Sporenebulas could never be recovered, and so for some Jequerita it became a act of vengence. The Jequerita crusades were to begin at this time.

Death Of The Last Prime :

Lylethen and the remains of his fleet were under-armed and under-armoured. They had also lost one of the three precious compression-bombs they were to use on the Ylataran Nexus world. With only two bombs it would be impossible to completely destroy the Nexus planet, and eventually in trituries to come it would be able to grow itself back again, using their advanced dimensional construction technology. Lylethen knew this mission would be it and its legions last. Without the third bomb, they would have to send the remaining two directly to the Nexus world, rather than using the third's implosion as a beach-head to launch an all-out attack and breach the core of the world.

The Nexus Prime could sense the coming of the Tolathian fleet. The Prime's shape was that of a rough web of interconnected oganic tendrills with small points where the flesh would be sucked into the strange wall of the throne-room. This was the Prime's material body. The Nexus Prime devised a way to save the world by dimensionally compressing a part of it and changing the physics around the compressed dimension, thus hiding it from the rest of the outside dimension of the White Ether. When the time was right the Prime could safely uncompress the dimension and destroy the barrier so it could grow into a full nexus prime world once again.

The Prime's plan however would never come to pass; Lylethen had used a Cloud Burster vessel to infiltrate the Prime's throne-chamber. Lylethen and eight Thunder-drummers battled with the Nexus Prime and its Ylataran troops until the second team, which consisted of ten Gusts could place and detonate the compression-bombs. This plan suceeded, totally destroying the Nexus world - and with it the surviving ships of the Tolathian fleet. The denizens of the White Ether could rest easily for the moment, knowing the Nexus had been obliterated. The only remains of the Nexus world was a single particle which would grow over the next thousand Trituries until it would become a new Nexus Prime world.

Dimension In Ruins :

With the final Compression war with the Ylataran Nexus over and the Nexus reduced to a minor threat of small isolated pockets of resistance, the Tolathians and their allies began the process of rebuilding. So too did the non-alligned races rebuild, but new threats would appear in the near future such as coming of the Jequerita seeds and the devestating nightmare realms of the Masters of Unlife. The Lumenenion had vanished again, and in Trituries to come they would become legends once more; an army of ghostly aliens who would defend their doomsday technology until their systems would go supernova.

The areas of space where the Nexus battled were completely irrepairable, these were pockets of space where the white-ether reality failed to exist or had become corrupted. Some of these pockets of space became portals for transdimensional races to enter, while others became mutant realms where creatures would spawn that were combinations of various realities and their physical laws.

With the dimension of the White Ether left in ruins, the third age began - the alien civilizations began to focus more on survival than ever before. Wars and battles would be fought across the Ether, a desperate struggle to rise above a reality which was broken.

Chapter-Master

Finally got some photos of newly completed sculpts!

The Eye Of Judgement is the primary support vehicle for Luuran Forces. It tends to float over the battlefield seeking out the non-believers with it's Illuminator (the eye) and judgement of course is being elliminated.

The Masters Of Unlife forces are mostly made up of a variety of bio-mechanical drones, fueled by Lost Souls that have seeped through cracks in their universe and found their way into the Necroverse where they are enslaved for eternity. The most basic Drone is the Abyssal Drone seen here, and the bulk of your force will consist of these.

Well, that's it for today. Hope you like them.

Fun fluff, it's interesting to read something in a setting solely filled with bizarre aliens - I'm used to having humanoids present as sort've a yardstick for weirdness.

Very, very much like the Unlife Drone - some of the visual cues remind me of Gieger's alien, but not bound to a human shape. Feels very "grown" while not relying on using existing body-shapes. Can see myself getting a couple of those when they're released.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Fun fluff, it's interesting to read something in a setting solely filled with bizarre aliens - I'm used to having humanoids present as sort've a yardstick for weirdness.

Very, very much like the Unlife Drone - some of the visual cues remind me of Gieger's alien, but not bound to a human shape. Feels very "grown" while not relying on using existing body-shapes. Can see myself getting a couple of those when they're released.
    Thanks bro, it's always reassuring to have positive feedback like this. For some reason I always feel anxious when I post new stuff, I guess I am worried people will think it's terible or something lol

Yeah, Giger was an influence - but I didn't want to do xenomorph ripoffs like everyone else seems to do. MoU armies will be very small-scale too, so you'll only need like 13 models or so for them to play a normal sized game.

I love them both, very nifty.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Any idea when these'll be available? /impatient
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 07-25-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast